Pinckert, Remote Idle Adjustment Assy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of the Ernie LaFleur version on the left and the Fuel Doctor version on the right. Don's "Carb Injection System" was the first one available. The rest are Clones. CHEERS !!! Bob
Nice to know the difference. the two I have are like the one on the left.

I think the one Mark Grim makes is also like this.

Here is a picture of the Ernie LaFleur version on the left and the Fuel Doctor version on the right. Don's "Carb Injection System" was the first one available. The rest are Clones. CHEERS !!! Bob
Actually that would be the Tidewater Fuel Doctor on the left. I have not seen one of Ernie's, but I would say the one on the right is the Mark Bullard unit. I have some of both.

Carl Bray had something silimar, but the fuel flow was controlled by a cam groove on the O.D. of the barrle
I used one of Carl Brey's venturi's in the past, it featured a rectangular-shaped aluminum body, a circular intake, with a unique brass inner ring that had multiple micro-sized port holes arranged radially functioning as a "spray-bar" of sorts. A small rectangular aluminum needle-valve assy (using a small fine thread bolt as the needle adjustment) was attatched on the outside of the venturi body. These were quite popular for a short moment as I remember (will have to take an image when I get a chance). I believe people were using Carl's 3rd channel fuel meter in-conjunction with this unique venturi?
I used the Pinckerts, Fuel Doctors and the Mark Bullard units. They all worked well
what are you using these day's Andy? What do you prefer?
I use and prefer the Kalistratov (Russian) black and chrome needle unit. We sold them though CMDi for many years. I think they are still availible from Al Hobbs. We used the Bob Violett unit for a few years, but it was not as reliable as the Russian. The O-ring system on the Violett gave problems sometimes. Never had an issue with the russian except for the first batch. The nipple was a press fit and would come loose. They soldered them in place after that and never gave a problem again.
Al Hobbs sells the remote needle kit that you have to put together yourself. I sell the same remote needle fully assemble ready to use.

Roger Sr.

This is the last version of the injector Pinckert made. He first put them out with a tapered metering slot. In the end he settled in with a straight metering slot and put them out in 3 sizes. Small, med, large.They work fantastic. If these units would have come out first, the saying "I can't find a needle" would have never been born. You would say "I could not find proper fuel flow". Its funny, Pinckert told me years ago "People think these injectors do not work because engines are suppose to run on needle valves".Don might be right on peoples thinking. Jeff Lutz

injector.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back