Pinckert, Remote Idle Adjustment Assy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
I still own a few of these Pinckert 3rd-channel, remote, idle adjustment assemblies from the late 1980's. Do these function as good as the current counterparts out there (ie. Bob Violett, CMB, OS Max, etc.,...)?

Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_03.jpg

The "current counterparts" are copies of what you have. That being said, the ones you list are all needle valves, what you have is a fuel meter, not a needle valve. The Pinckert meter you have works great. I noticed that one of the nipples has a small I.D., I would drill it to match the other one.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
The "current counterparts" are copies of what you have. That being said, the ones you list are all needle valves, what you have is a fuel meter, not a needle valve. The Pinckert meter you have works great. I noticed that one of the nipples has a small I.D., I would drill it to match the other one.

Eric
Eric who out there makes the copy of that pincket fuel meter?

Thanks Shane

the ones you list are all needle valves, what you have is a fuel meter, not a needle valve
thanks for your input. I noticed that the Pinckert unit is different in that way, that's why I was curious as to how it performed compared to the "needle-valve" type. So, as rumrunner mentions, who else manufactures a similiar type remote "fuel meter"?

The most common one is the Tidewater "fuel doctor". Fletch Grosz makes them as well, he is on this board as "fletch51" The biggest difference you will notice between the meter and a needle is how quickly it responds to a change....the meter is faster.

No not the same person,

Grim racer 's name is Mike Zaborowski

How do you contact mark grim , fletch51 hasn't been on here since may , is there anybody else to get them form?

Thanks shane

the metering is determined by the size of the hole the slot in side travels across.

Thy are not all made the same. each one should be made to the size needed for the proper fuel flow.

one size dose not fit all.

Mark can help you with the sizing.

David

Don would be making a correction here. It is a Pinckert "Fuel Injector".

Mark Bullard also made some for awhile. Carl Bray had something silimar, but the fuel flow was controled by a cam groove on the O.D. of the barrle.

The Tidewater units did not flow enough fuel and often had to be modified. I used the Pinckerts, Fuel Doctors and the Mark Bullard units. They all worked well.

Carl Bray had something silimar, but the fuel flow was controlled by a cam groove on the O.D. of the barrle
I used one of Carl Brey's venturi's in the past, it featured a rectangular-shaped aluminum body, a circular intake, with a unique brass inner ring that had multiple micro-sized port holes arranged radially functioning as a "spray-bar" of sorts. A small rectangular aluminum needle-valve assy (using a small fine thread bolt as the needle adjustment) was attatched on the outside of the venturi body. These were quite popular for a short moment as I remember (will have to take an image when I get a chance). I believe people were using Carl's 3rd channel fuel meter in-conjunction with this unique venturi?
I used the Pinckerts, Fuel Doctors and the Mark Bullard units. They all worked well
what are you using these day's Andy? What do you prefer?

Here is a picture of the Ernie LaFleur version on the left and the Fuel Doctor version on the right. Don's "Carb Injection System" was the first one available. The rest are Clones. CHEERS !!! Bob

Carl Bray had something silimar, but the fuel flow was controlled by a cam groove on the O.D. of the barrle
I used one of Carl Brey's venturi's in the past, it featured a rectangular-shaped aluminum body, a circular intake, with a unique brass inner ring that had multiple micro-sized port holes arranged radially functioning as a "spray-bar" of sorts. A small rectangular aluminum needle-valve assy (using a small fine thread bolt as the needle adjustment) was attatched on the outside of the venturi body. These were quite popular for a short moment as I remember (will have to take an image when I get a chance). I believe people were using Carl's 3rd channel fuel meter in-conjunction with this unique venturi?
I used the Pinckerts, Fuel Doctors and the Mark Bullard units. They all worked well
what are you using these day's Andy? What do you prefer?
I use and prefer the Kalistratov (Russian) black and chrome needle unit. We sold them though CMDi for many years. I think they are still availible from Al Hobbs. We used the Bob Violett unit for a few years, but it was not as reliable as the Russian. The O-ring system on the Violett gave problems sometimes. Never had an issue with the russian except for the first batch. The nipple was a press fit and would come loose. They soldered them in place after that and never gave a problem again.

Back