• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Picco P-5 EXR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh784

Picco P-5 EXR, Pipe and Header

Bought this engine from John Knight August/September of last year. I was intending to use it in the Wild Thing .21 mono I was building, however several things have occured that prevent me from completing the project.

Josh

I can also supply higher resolution pictures from different angles if you want to email me at

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,

This is the engine just previous to the EXR 21. So it's just P-5. However, it was a faster engine than the EXR. When I switched from the P-5 to the EXR it took a good bit of modification to get back to the same speed I had with the P-5.

Anyway Great engine! :)

AndyBrown said:
Josh,This is the engine just previous to the EXR 21.  So it's just P-5.  However, it was a faster engine than the EXR.  When I switched from the P-5 to the EXR it took a good bit of modification to get back to the same speed I had with the P-5.

Anyway Great engine!  :)

98037[/snapback]

Andy, thanks for the heads up. Are you absolutely positive? John sold me two engines, both identical, as P-5 EXR's. If indeed they are P-5's, I didn't know what I was buying and will need to change the auction title.

Josh

Looking in the mini catologue that came in one of the boxes John sent me, there is a picture of the "P5 Marine RE" and it is silver, and has "Picco" written down the side of it, instead of "P5" like the two engines I have...

Yep! I'm Positive.

The Silver case P5 that is pictured in the Picco book was the predecessor to the P5 you have on ebay. The Black case P5 that you have has bigger bypass ports and exhaust port than the Silver P5. You will find that your exhaust outlet is about .515" inside.

Your P5 has one support rib running along the crankshaft centerline. The first EXR was a short stroke and had three support ribs along the crankshaft. The second version of the EXR was a long stroke and had four support ribs along the crank.

Both EXR's had a .440" ID exhaust outlet.

I have run and modified several of each of these four Piccos, and set records with them too. I know them all very well. :)

Back