Pic of Beacon Plumbing transom needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly

Supporting Member
Does anyone have a photograph of the strut on the orignal '06 Beacon Plumbing Miss Seattle boat?

I'm building a Phil Thomas T5 hull and I'm wondering how far I can extend my drive line passed the transom. Here's a photo of what I've done so far. I've been told that if I have a picture of the original boat showing that the transom passes the transom, then it should still be legal.

Thanks

Olly

IMAG0467.jpg

I always thought the drive dog wasn't suppose to be past the transom.

Check out Chris Denslow. He has pics of it testing I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
U37 rear wing.jpg Hey pokey that boat should have been wet by now. In IMPBA if the real boats strut was farther back the model can do it as well

Pretty much all the modern boats have the strut roughly aligned with the transom. That makes the prop location due to the drive dog location rules fairly close. That being said, here is how the rule reads in the R/C Unlimiteds rulebook:

Outdrive units are specifically prohibited. The forward most part of the

stock propeller hub shall not lie behind the transom plane, unless scaled

from dimensions of the real boat.

Hey Olly,

I found one showing the prop installed also so you'll have IMPBA requirement : "Photo documentation may be requested as proof by race CD or district scale director."

CHEERS !!! Bob

Olly id put it 1/2 inch behind the transom by the time you add drive dog and prop should be nearly 1 1/4 . take advantage of the rule for better performance.

On those T-6 boats the strut places the leading edge of the prop between 10 and 12 inches behind the transom. At 1/8th scale that's 1.25 to 1.5 inches. keep it inside that and you should be ok.

Like Mikey said better performance!

gh

Did you finish your Qatar, Greg???

Get the prop back into some cleaner water will be a definite benefit. I still recall the IMPBA rule that the prop had to be under hull, forward of transom - beaucoup (spelling help Terry) years ago now. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Greg,

Gotcha. I have 3 here, one that belongs to a friend awaiting graphics, so I don't want to shoot clear until all are ready to receive. Was a lot easier when we used Aero Gloss. I'm going to try Nason clear this time. PPG DCU got too rich for my blood. If the Nason doesn't work, I'll blame Bellinger - Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Thank you everyone for your responses and especially the photos - although I hope it doesn't end up like the last one from you Bob - LOL

Thanks again

Olly

Olly,I have an good photo of the strut installation on a T-6,which should be the same on the T-5.It looks like you are modifying the rear of Phil's T-5 hull to make it into a Beacon Plumbing.I don't know if they have the same strut setup.

Greg's post #10 is right on for the T-6.The photo I have is a rear bottom shot,and shows the strut clearly extending past the transom.Don't know how to post photos,but can send you a link.

This thread has opened a discussion that I think should be in it's own thread.See new thread "Gas Scale T-6 drive dog location".

Hey Olly,

Just a little trailer fire while breakin' in a new engine - Har,Har !!! Just looks more impressive 'cuz it's dark. There's a video of the U-100 pulling away from a dock on the H1 site from last year that is much more impressive.

If you get that much fire out the pipe attached to a CMB Greenie - - Run for your life Olly - Let the mutha burn!!! Har, Har!!! Just stay away from the Tetra. CHEERS !!! Bob

Back