Phone Call with Don Wollard (RumRunner Racing)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

On November 18th I received an e-mail from Don Wollard asking me to call him. We had a very pleasant 20-30 minute conversation. We discussed everything from work, namba/impba, people that have been troublesome on their forum, to how the wollards got started in rc boating. Never did the conversation turn sour. The reason Don wanted to talk to me was due to recent activity on our forum where he was quoted. Don explained to me that RumRunner is in process of legal disputes with a number of other businesses in respect to copyright infringement. He also had problems with being quoted on International Waters alleging that it was also copyright infringement. I myself am not a lawyer. I did some research and spoke with a lawyer friend of mine. It was determined that it might be possible to get in trouble for this type of thing. Our call was cut short due to Don's cell phone going out of range. Don never made any specific demands about the quote in question. From our conversation I am going to assume Don is a reasonable person and simply request that in the future please refrain from taking direct quotes from the RumRunner web site. In the future when referencing the RumRunners please simply link to the text you wish to refer to. I will assume that making links to pages on the RumRunner web site would be acceptable.

Please understand that this in no way means that people can not talk about RumRunner either positively or negatively. It is only saying that you should not jeopardize International Waters by placing copyrighted text on our forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Tom Moorehouse

Back