PaynPak outrigger 1/8 scale advice please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott williamson

Hi all, ive just about finished building a fibreglass PaynPak outrigger hull from Roger newton plans and was hoping to get some advice on setting up the running gear,i have read that these hulls can take a bit of work to get running right so any help is appreciated regarding engine,radio,rudder position ,CG and width of ride pads.thanks Scott

Hey Scott,

Here are some pics of one that may offer you some suggestions. CHEERS !!! Bob

I saw a glass one in Hobart never painted. Made me drool could not find the owner.......

The owner brought it from Montana to show Don Ferrette. The boat went home with Don.

By the way Don, I have a complete set of decals for that boat. Complete including the tail feathers. Any interest?

Al Hobbs

The owner brought it from Montana to show Don Ferrette. The boat went home with Don.

By the way Don, I have a complete set of decals for that boat. Complete including the tail feathers. Any interest?

Al Hobbs
Rare boat that one....

Thanks guys ,that boat in the shots is the one i meant ,the 1969. I do need a set of stickers for that boat if anyone is prepared to post them to Australia.thanks Scott

Al Hobbs
Don wins again.....trade you for a key LOL

Al Hobbs
Of course, any idea who made the graphics?

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Hobbs
LOL!! The Master lock key you loaned me for the trailer locks is already on the way back to you, thanks! :)
The 'glass Pak hull will need some modifications as when I checked it against the original Newton plans it matches, problem is the plans are not exactly correct. Roger did us all a HUGE favor in creating plans to build off of but some are not always right (and this is one of them) but keep in mind the czar of scale had to go by what info he was given at the time (and that wasn't always on the mark) and he did the best he could with it. As it sits it's just within the 10% variation but for those that know how "picky" I am about scales ....... well enough said. For now the hull will reside on a shelf until I decide if and when I consider making the changes. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll let you know who did the graphics. I am at a race in Canada this weekend.

Al Hobbs

Al Hobbs
LOL!! The Master lock key you loaned me for the trailer locks is already on the way back to you, thanks! :)
The 'glass Pak hull will need some modifications as when I checked it against the original Newton plans it matches, problem is the plans are not exactly correct. Roger did us all a HUGE favor in creating plans to build off of but some are not always right (and this is one of them) but keep in mind the czar of scale had to go by what info he was given at the time (and that wasn't always on the mark) and he did the best he could with it. As it sits it's just within the 10% variation but for those that know how "picky" I am about scales ....... well enough said. For now the hull will reside on a shelf until I decide if and when I consider making the changes. B)

Don, let me know when you decide to sell that hull....finished or not.... :p

Latest posts

Back