Pay N Pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UPS man was nice to me today. Got home from school and found a box big enough for a couple of kits sitting on my doorstep. The good part, I can start bashing. The bad part, it won't start until Monday or Tuesday. Even picked up some West's 207 hardener to coat the boat with.

Okay Bill, Griz and RJ, break out the kits if you have them and as soon as I get a roll of film shot and processed, I'll be getting a build thread rolling :)
Sounds good I will be posting soon
I cracked the box guys, to find what I least expected. I found the same old stuff, but with mahogany that was cleanly cut and, surprisingly, totally flat.. I also found that I can still get the K&B 3.5 inboard engines. They are presently out of stock, BUT STILL BEING MANUFACTURED. I guess it's time to start making some sawdust so break out the kits :)

I've got a question for Grimracer, if he comes back in the thread.

Since you guys race this hull, what is the normal engine and fuel load you guys use? I'm looking at options in case MECOA's tech rep told me a fantasy story :eek:

C'mon guys! Build one.....DO IT!!!! :lol:

Even HJ laid out the sponson stringers on the table, hes already ahead of you guys! :p

I did it, couldnt resist no longer, the pressure, I tell ya the Pressure..lol, I ordered it from Dumas today, 82.00 shipped, but I have 5, yes 5 other builds going on at this time, 2 whip gasser's a T-Boat, Blazer Lauderbach, and a whip 20, and my 2007 Sprit of Detroit scale build.. maybe I will put the whip 20 on hold for the baby Pac!?? spring is coming, first race is first week end in may, I have to have 1 gas whip and the scale done reguardless!!

I will send the kit to you HJ, and you can build mine modded to, take a load off me and I can still show the sport 20 class that old School can still rule!!..LOL

Nope, not going to happen. I have too may irons in the fire alreadyto take on another build. You can probably do everything I can so I'll let you have some fun too ;)

Anyone modding boats besides me? I'm looking at three builds from the kit :rolleyes:

HJ, for sure, i will change the bottom on mine, and will use rubber motor mounts, but will install them on the cockpit sides..maybe lighten it up a little...maybe the AOA on the sponson bottoms after reading Grims post...smaller servos also..kit bashing is so much FUN! :)

I did it, couldnt resist no longer, the pressure, I tell ya the Pressure..lol, I ordered it from Dumas today, 82.00 shipped, but I have 5, yes 5 other builds going on at this time, 2 whip gasser's a T-Boat, Blazer Lauderbach, and a whip 20, and my 2007 Sprit of Detroit scale build.. maybe I will put the whip 20 on hold for the baby Pac!?? spring is coming, first race is first week end in may, I have to have 1 gas whip and the scale done reguardless!!

Larcor, when you DO get yer 20 Whip in the water...yer gonna LOVE it!! ;) With a little help from a friend of mine who knows ALOT more than i do about setups, my little Whip SCREAMS! Turns like a slot car! Im still learning how to drive the boat as well as it runs and handles....there are 3 other guys in my area that run 20 Whips and they also run GREAT! Didnt mean to hijack the thread, so back to PAKS!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Bill and I are thinking along similar lines. I think I'm going to be taking my boats slightly further, but it's still all good :)

Welp...i just found the kit...the parts were in a Dumas "Miss Unlimited" kit, because the PaynPak box fell apart years ago..dont remember why. Im lookin it over and im definetly not going to use the stock turn fin, or any of the hardware..the Pak i built in '80 has the articulated hardshaft..worked fine but cant really adjust it..gettin a little excited about building just a "fun" boat instead of a "race" boat....guess im still just a sport boater at heart! Some of the BEST times i ever had was just playin boats with other boaters! Just what i need...another boat to build! Thanks alot, HJ!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't blame me Bill, RJ started all this by bugging me to build one :eek:

I stand corrected......THANKS ALOT RJ! :lol: :lol: PaynPaks are COOL boats though, arent they RJ? :)
Hey Bill, what are buddies for right?

I think the Pay N Pak boat is a very cool looking hull. I have my Atlas U-76 all painted up today, I'l post pics of it when finished detailing it.

Back