Pay N Pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I still need some little things to finish off my pak. I'm using a OPS .21 SE, I guess I'l give Al Hobbs a hollar and see if theres any 3280 pipes around. But now I need a mount that I can use for the pipe, and I need some plugs. I've heard alot about McCoy's MC9's and O'donells #99 blue I think. What plug do you guys suggest I use in my OPS SE?

Ive always run MC-9s in my stuff...thats just me!

Well I still need some little things to finish off my pak. I'm using a OPS .21 SE, I guess I'l give Al Hobbs a hollar and see if theres any 3280 pipes around. But now I need a mount that I can use for the pipe, and I need some plugs. I've heard alot about McCoy's MC9's and O'donells #99 blue I think. What plug do you guys suggest I use in my OPS SE?

Ive always run MC-9s in my stuff...thats just me!
was told the O donell's last alot longer then MC..

It looks like i can start on my Eagle. Cowl came in today in a box jammed full of peanuts. I will probably have to do some modding on it since I'm not a real fan of that design either. RJ, were you the one doing a repaint on the U-76? If so, do you need a decal set? I ordered what I thought was the red U-1 set, from Dumas. What I got is the U-76 set, and now I'm not really sure if I really want to use them on my sport 40 Newton hull or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like i can start on my Eagle. Cowl came in today in a box jammed full of peanuts. I will brobably have to do some modding on it since I'm not a real fan of that design either. RJ, were you the one doing a repaint on the U-76? If so, do you need a decal set? I ordered what I thought was the red U-1 set, from Dumas. What I got is the U-76 set, and now I'm not really sure if I really want to use them on my sport 40 Newton hull or not.
Hey Thanks Hj but i already have two sets of the U-76 decals already.....I do have the color sheet of the U-76 from newtons marine and Im tempted to get some graphics made for my Pak 20 & U-76 sport 40 as well to make them both the U-76

Okay, just thought I'd ask. Might have to use them anyway, just to see how the boat looks when done :unsure:

I'm waiting on my order to arrive. I have a few pints of Klass-kote coming in, along with their reducer this time. But shes ready for paint! B)

The hull was finished with Zpoxy finishing resin. I poured it on then sqee-gee'd it with a formica sample from home depot, then used a brush over it to even it out some more. The next day I sanded it back down with 320, then smoothed out with 600 wet. Has a nice smooth satin finish to it now that if you hold it up at an angle you can see the shine reflecting off the surface. Overall I found Zpoxy to be user friendly, affordable, easy to sand.

In the meantine I drilled N' tapped my Solinger mount for my OPS .21 SE. made some ply servo mounts for my hitec 625MG & 81hs. And im considering the posibility of just making it into the U-76 Atlas instead of Pay n Pak because I do have the color sheet from Newton, so i might as well use it. :p

It looks like i can start on my Eagle. Cowl came in today in a box jammed full of peanuts. I will brobably have to do some modding on it since I'm not a real fan of that design either. RJ, were you the one doing a repaint on the U-76? If so, do you need a decal set? I ordered what I thought was the red U-1 set, from Dumas. What I got is the U-76 set, and now I'm not really sure if I really want to use them on my sport 40 Newton hull or not.
Hey Thanks Hj but i already have two sets of the U-76 decals already.....I do have the color sheet of the U-76 from newtons marine and Im tempted to get some graphics made for my Pak 20 & U-76 sport 40 as well to make them both the U-76
RJ, if you get someone to make graphics for your 20 Pak, would you please let me know who is making them for you and how much they cost? Thanks!

RJ, if you get someone to make graphics for your 20 Pak, would you please let me know who is making them for you and how much they cost? Thanks!
Hi Bill,

That fellow spoonecfrx thats doing the atlas U-1 electric build here on this forum mentioned that he can have some decals made up. i was thinking about giving that a shot if its not too expensive. I emailed the bigger places that we talk about here and they quoted me a 1/8 scale sized price tag for a boat half the size. :eek:

Unfortunately, it takes just as much time to set up and make a set of 40 sized decals as it does to set up and make scale sized decals. As we all know, time is money when you're a manufacturer, so they almost have to charge the same price for the smaller stuff.

RJ, your U-76 looks BEAUTIFUL! GREAT job man! :)
Thanks Bill!

I took the templates from the dumas plans and rubber cemented them onto the trim sheets then used a Xacto knife to slowly & carefully cut them out. had to use dish soap N water to lube up the decks to slide them into position, but it was still a tedious job.

I'm in the process of cutting out the "Pay n' Pak" logo and stripes from some monokote trim for my lil' pak sprt 20.

RJ, why not just paint the orange and black? Might be easier
i dont think so, the graphics on my nearly finished U-76 look just fine....And my Pak will turn out just as great too.

Uh, Hows your "boat" coming along? :lol:

I decided I needed to wait until I received my engine and mounts before I really get started. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but with the amount of changes I'm making, I decided to play it safe instead of having to hack the boat up later. As much as I hate to say it, I actually had the engine bay drawn out too narrow. Fortunately, I realized my mistake before I started cutting any plywood. Not to worry, I'll be "restarting" my builds after I get home from Detroit.

One step closer to starting my builds, engine and exhaust arrived today. Just have to wait now for the engine mounts. Only other delay is going out of town for around 10 days and then I can start making sawdust and start my build thread :)

Finally, I'm good to go. My engine mounts arrived on Friday so I can start building when I get home. I'll be ordering my strut, rudder assembly and drive shaft parts while on the road so they wil arrive beginning of April when I need them. My next post on my boat will be in a build thread starting in April, so stand by :)

I made my jig today.......i was going to buid this boat pretty much stock...BUT, looking at my sport 20 hydros there's just no way im gonna leave the transom depth where it is...its just way too deep! So i guess im gonna shallow up the sponsons to get the trasom depth down to get get the ass of the boat out of the water easier and get rid of some of the ramp to pack less air under the boat.....ill try to post a coupla pics when i can so you guys dont think im BSn Ya! :lol:

I have the Newtons plans on this boat and after looking at the plans I noticed that the air traps extend past the transom ending just under Bill Munceys seat,( under the hull of course.) The stock dumas hull has the air trap ending about 2-1/2 inches beyond the sponson and I was wondering if we should consider adding that extra 6-1/2 or just build a new one from the rear of the sponson about 9 inches back, and tapers down to about 1/8. I believe that may give more lift at the rear.

After I get my Atlas U-76 up N' running right i was going to experiment by rubber cementing 1/8 strips under the hull and see what effect, if any occurs. And if so, incorporate that into my next build.

I have the Newtons plans on this boat and after looking at the plans I noticed that the air traps extend past the transom ending just under Bill Munceys seat,( under the hull of course.) The stock dumas hull has the air trap ending about 2-1/2 inches beyond the sponson and I was wondering if we should consider adding that extra 6-1/2 or just build a new one from the rear of the sponson about 9 inches back, and tapers down to about 1/8. I believe that may give more lift at the rear.

After I get my Atlas U-76 up N' running right i was going to experiment by rubber cementing 1/8 strips under the hull and see what effect, if any occurs. And if so, incorporate that into my next build.
You mean like this?

Back