over charged starter battery

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Walked into my garage and it was stinking.. left my starter battery on charge too long.. it was real hot and a bit swollen.. I ran the starter on it for a bit to try and drain the charge.. put it in in the fridge to try an cool a bit.. no leakage.. still works..

do you think it will be toast?

Go buy a battery tender from walmart. They cost about 20 bucks made by Schumacher and will never over charge your battery. They float the battery so it keeps it at peak levels without ruining it. You can keep it on that all year and never have a problem.

Another place that has everything from the batteries to any type and voltage charger is batterystuff.com . I use one of their 24 volt battery tenders for my starter box.

it was a standard slow charge 12vbattery charger,.. probably meant for car battery,..always good before... but I forgot about it this time..

You basically boiled it out I would buy another one a good charger for them if you have a used ups from a pc battery backup is use it most are 24 volts use a anderson 50 amp disconnector wire it to the ups then one for your starter and battery box.Just plug and play wont ever over charge you batteries .Most people pitch them when the batteries inside of go bad.

Looked at it again today.. it's just a little swollen but seems to have plenty of charge.. It's still pulling strong with the starter.. Ill keep it till it dies..

Latest posts

Back