Outrigger design reward sponson to cg.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi David ,

thats an awersome design ,out of the box .What are your thoughts ? runing the wingsection higher to lower the groundeffect ?

Very cool designed sponson ,give us moore details.

Yes it is a very cool design but has bin very slow in the development. My buddy Dave is kinda eccentric and all.

The bottom is a V design to make room inside for every thing. this also will let it run in rough water and not slap the water.

there is no turn fin it runs as you see it.

cant go into the sponson design as the is a nondisclosure on it. But it is fully adjustable forward and up and down.

The back rides on fully adjustable supercavitating hydrofoils that are patent by Dave. also the strut moves on the fly.

it is mixed with the steering to load the sponson in a turn. this is also controlled with the 4th channel with a knob on the radio.

We are trying a rear ward eng configuration this run with a V drive toward the front and the ex pointing forward.

We are having gear sets made to over drive the prop shaft also.

Have a new OPS 120 to run in the boat after testing and tuning the eng.

It took over a year of messing to come up with a compression molding set up for the hull in carbon fiber.

First run today if all goes well.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

Let us know how it runs, one of those propellers should work I hope.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark

Hi,

in the German raceboatworld forum shark show his starfighter design .It´s a canard with small front ski and the sponson at the wing with sharp V . on the vid he lift off at 2min afte landing go on driving .Shark has now ad a tail stabilizer wing .

Intresting that the boat run free on the straight but sucks power during corners .Shark wrote that the efficancy is not so good as a outrigger can do with the same set up. only on the straight it run moore free .

the vid link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-k7LwyRNVbQ .hope it work .

Hi,

i would like to interest you for a book that show much about Russian Ekranoplanes .Many photos show much about the design of different typs.Also there are some wig boats with outbordmotor and waterpropellerdriven raceboats. Here is a link to the German Amazon site .Booktitle is Soviet and Russian Ekranoplanes ,written by Sergey Komissarov and Yefim Gordon. https://www.google.de/search?q=flying+pancake&hl=de&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HFMZUZrIH83PsgaazYEY&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=644 .

Pic show one boat with outbordmotor and typycal rearwing. next pic show perfect flying raceboat with König outbordmotor . and last pic show a drawing of a Hydroplane with propeller strut at the bow (frontproprider).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That hydro was really on the edge. If you could hold it there you could get some major speed. I have to believe some active canard configuration would help. Without the wind tunnel and some math it will be hard to determine the proper amount of surface area to make a difference. You fellas got any aerodynamic formulas that can help? If so Pm them to me .The funny thing about alot of rigger designs is the tub is a wing anyway because of its profile. There are only a few riggers designers ive seen that have realized this and made some changes to deal with it.

Hugh
I dont feel that most riggers are a wing, most have blow out on the last 1/3 of the bottom , A flat bottom wing with the CG correct would be very stable as long as nothing changed,, Things go wrong when you and the waves from other boats racing.

Back