ML Boatworks RSX310 , My 1st Outrigger design ever! 31", P/ P-ltd FE Rigger!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I think this thing is where I want it. It would take someone who really knows rigger setup to fine tune it, but the base hull I think it good to go. I need to talk to a guy on OSE I got the turn fin from to get a supply line set up, then I will start contacting the FE guys, and will now work on the Nitro version, and cowling. Mike

Forgot I took some pics:

20160709_102819_zpsgpohfhhq.jpg

IMG_20160709_30466_zpsmlcnmvkw.jpg

20160709_133659_zpsr6ptgrds.jpg

Mike,

Put my order in on your website, two orders might come through, but I only want one of them.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Mike,

I wonder if you could give me the inside width of the tub. I' m a pretty fair machinist, and I'll probably make my own motor mount.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, The outside is 3.5", so subtract 1/8" off each side, should give you 3.25" wide. If you come up with something that fits well and you want to offer it to others, just let me know! Mike

Mike, what size is the brass tubing in the tub that the boom tubes slide through...is it 9/32?...I forget what the JAE was...lol

On the tub, you will use 11/32" brass,. On the sponson, I have the holes predrilled at 3/8", which is just a touch smaller than the Zippkits long boom tube holders they sell. So you will slightly work that hole a touch till the Zippkits holder fits. I will check the diameter of the Zippkits holder tonight, and may adjust the kit diameter accordingly. I would use them, they work great, no point in using brass in the sponsons with those holders available!

On the tub, you will use 11/32" brass,. On the sponson, I have the holes predrilled at 3/8", which is just a touch smaller than the Zippkits long boom tube holders they sell. So you will slightly work that hole a touch till the Zippkits holder fits. I will check the diameter of the Zippkits holder tonight, and may adjust the kit diameter accordingly. I would use them, they work great, no point in using brass in the sponsons with those holders available!
Just put my order in @ Zippkits...there are ONLY 9 pairs of Long Boom Tube Sleeves-5/16 LEFT!!!

BETTER HURRY FELLAS...It's gonna be feast or famine with those sleeves soon!!! ; )

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

How many amp is the ESC that you used with that 4050 Thunder Power. I'll let you know regarding motor mounts. I have to think about it. When I start making parts for people, I seem to run out of time for myself. There other people on these forums that would probably more inclined to make them. Off the top of my head, Seebold would be one.

Thanks

Bob

Bob, I use the 200a Castle Ice Airplane controller, and convert it to water cooling, and add a pistix. I have set most of my SAW records with them, and it is the only controller I have never had fail on me! Oh course, I don't spend the money on those MGM and other high end esc's, just don't have the money!

Bob, Replying here in a minute. Been a long weekend out in the shop. Havent been on the computer at all! Thanks ,Mike

Back