Different outrigger designe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Lucas

Hi ,

last weeks i start tomdesign and build a different outrigger design that has a forward plazed propeller position and make a use of a straight propshaft . For a low propshaft angle i need a forward canard style center sponson to plaze motor deep as possible. For the front i like 5 1/2 degree angle of attace . Propshaft is so long the the propeller has it position short behind c.g. .At c.g. The outriggerbeam has to be plazed that is made from a helicopter main rotor blade ,with small sponson like wigg craft plane. To get some mass behind the c.g. at this position the rigger has a long tail where the batteries are plazed and the recevier and stearing servo. Centerbody is 1,2 inch wide (3cm) so for the wider motor at the front is need a little wider cover. I use a balsawood that wide and cut from the side holes for motor ,batterie,esc ,reciver and servo . From one side i cover the stick with thin cfk plate to close the holes and trom the other side i do the same but cut out the plates to ,glue or screw or stick it by tape to mak it tite. At the tail end is a ruder and a aero control surface with a small ski to get a watersurface control stabilization . Maybee to much skis and sponson but i will giv it a try.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Christian, now THAT is a different rigger design.

It will be interesting to see it run....

Please make some good movies of it running when you get it built.

Just one thing though, make sure that it will float before you try running it on the lake, just do not ask me how I know that some boats will not float ...
default_dry.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png

Charles

Hi ,

thanks to not that crazy way , and yes i better drill moore holes . Possible it need a lifejacked to float as some airplane have only a starting wheel assambly that lost after start ,ok the rules John Finch . But what about pressured airtank ,i have never thought about , has it moore lift than only air in the same size of space ? But at the end i have some experiance with boats that float like a sub a 1kg boat i had start close to sub and with little water coming in i only have to land it at the shore to get it back . So maybee i understand wy some Ruschian and other East country boater run with silver zink batteries . This batteries become very hot during the run and cook so hot that the water in the cell become steam and blow the boat ,plastic seal on the boat was realy round and after run when they open the boat a big steam mushroom steam out . I will ready build it mid of september after school start .

Back