OT pin drop.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when DeGaule decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaule said he wanted all US military out of France as soon as possible. Rusk responded "does that include those who are buried here?

DeGuale did not respond.

You could have heard a pin drop

When in England , at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying, 'Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.'

You could have heard a pin drop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, one of the French engineers came back into the room saying 'Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intended to do, bomb them?'

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: 'Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed over 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S. , English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied, 'Maybe it's because the Brit's, Canadians, Aussie's and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.

"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically..

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France !"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, ''Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."

Maybe when more people in this country come up with responses like that instead of thoses who are trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT, this wondrerful country that we live in will get back on track! That was AWESOME reading man! ;) :)

Maybe when more people in this country come up with responses like that instead of those who are trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT, this wonderful country that we live in will get back on track! That was AWESOME reading man! ;) :)
Absolutely! It also has never ceased to amaze me how we are a country that is supposed to be a Democratic society where the majority vote is how things are decided yet we seem to now allow the rules to be dictated by those few who say they are "offended" by things like Christmas trees, saying the Pledge of Allegiance in school, the phrase "One Nation Under God" or a cross on government soil. Or how I have to read all these bilingual signs in stores because there are people pouring into this country (most illegally) who can only speak and read Spanish. Sorry, not my #@$%ing problem, my great grandfather came over here legally from Italy and learned ENGLISH along with the laws of the land just as everyone else did back then and even before. It's time to bring back that old phrase "America- love it or leave it" and stand by it. Come to this country legally, abide by the laws, learn ENGLISH, and accept our ways of life. If you don't like that then get the #$%@ out. Certainly not hard to see I am not a "politically correct" person, and I never will be. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutly the best reading i have done in a long while!!!! i don't think i'm politicaly correct, either - i don't pick up turds at all :rolleyes: ......

Maybe when more people in this country come up with responses like that instead of those who are trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT, this wonderful country that we live in will get back on track! That was AWESOME reading man!
wink.gif
smile.gif
Absolutely! It also has never ceased to amaze me how we are a country that is supposed to be a Democratic society where the majority vote is how things are decided yet we seem to now allow the rules to be dictated by those few who say they are "offended" by things like Christmas trees, saying the Pledge of Allegiance in school, the phrase "One Nation Under God" or a cross on government soil. Or how I have to read all these bilingual signs in stores because there are people pouring into this country (most illegally) who can only speak and read Spanish. Sorry, not my #@$%ing problem, my great grandfather came over here legally from Italy and learned ENGLISH along with the laws of the land just as everyone else did back then and even before. It's time to bring back that old phrase "America- love it or leave it" and stand by it. Come to this country legally, abide by the laws, learn ENGLISH, and accept our ways of life. If you don't like that then get the #$%@ out. Certainly not hard to see I am not a "politically correct" person, and I never will be.
cool.gif

Thanks Jeremy, Bill and Don-I'm kind of a Heinz 57-German/Irish/English. Remember my (German)Grandmother saying we're Americans now-speak english! My family lived in France for about 3 years in the mid 1950's and the French were very nice to Americans then. I don't think it's rude to remind them of the past once in a while. Politically incorrect? OH WELL!
ohmy.gif

Glenn

Maybe when more people in this country come up with responses like that instead of those who are trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT, this wonderful country that we live in will get back on track! That was AWESOME reading man! ;) :)
Absolutely! It also has never ceased to amaze me how we are a country that is supposed to be a Democratic society where the majority vote is how things are decided yet we seem to now allow the rules to be dictated by those few who say they are "offended" by things like Christmas trees, saying the Pledge of Allegiance in school, the phrase "One Nation Under God" or a cross on government soil. Or how I have to read all these bilingual signs in stores because there are people pouring into this country (most illegally) who can only speak and read Spanish. Sorry, not my #@$%ing problem, my great grandfather came over here legally from Italy and learned ENGLISH along with the laws of the land just as everyone else did back then and even before. It's time to bring back that old phrase "America- love it or leave it" and stand by it. Come to this country legally, abide by the laws, learn ENGLISH, and accept our ways of life. If you don't like that then get the #$%@ out. Certainly not hard to see I am not a "politically correct" person, and I never will be. B)
Too bad more people don't think the same way Don. I spent 6 years 7 months defending this country and now I see the drivers test being given in 18 languages, the affore mentioned bilingual labels, imagrants from all over acting like this country belongs to them and we natives should adapt to their ways and, worst of all, kids thinking gangs, tagging and graphitti are cool or the spoiled ones not having the motivation to do the work or show up for class and still expecting to pass a college class their parent's pay for. I think it's time we put this country back on it's feet by giving all these lazy kid and self rightious imagrants a good swift kick in the backside and tell them to shape up or get the hell out and don't let the door hit them in the ass as they cross the border. Does this make me non PC as well? To quote Clark Gable, "I don't give a ****" :p

Speaking of lazy kids, I was in class today and this 19 year old "Momma's Boy" started asking for help to finish an assignment that was due a few weeks back. It seems he's scared of failing now that we only have until next Thursday left in the quarter. For some stupid reason, he only had part of the hand outs that he needed to finish the assignment and expected me to give him all the answers even though he spent a considerable amount of time playing video games and listening to music on his internet accessable phone. When I tried to get him to use his brain and figure out the answer for himself he actually got mad at me and looked up the answer on the internet. He's lucky I didn't smash his phone. To take it one step further, he only had two classes and had the same schedule as I do. Because of his "overload of required work", he dropped a math class we both were taking and still can't get all the work done in the second class. I'm betting he won't finish the next five quarters since, once again, he's going to be in the same class as me and refuses to take the required accademic courses to prevent "work overload". Worse yet, the instructor is a retired Marine that doesn't take any crap from anyone. Any bets he doesn't last into February? :lol:

There was a time when respect was abundant in our society. I hold doors open for someone and am lucky if they quit texting long enough to realize the door doesn't stay open by itself.

All I can say is let me catch someone burning a flag. Maybe when we quit looking the other way and start defending the problems, respect will return.

Those who fail to recognize history and its lessons, and LEARN from them will perish.

Back in the 1800's jails only had to be big enough to hold a criminal, if he could still walk into the cell.

There was a time when respect was abundant in our society. I hold doors open for someone and am lucky if they quit texting long enough to realize the door doesn't stay open by itself.

All I can say is let me catch someone burning a flag. Maybe when we quit looking the other way and start defending the problems, respect will return.

Those who fail to recognize history and its lessons, and LEARN from them will perish.

Back the 1800's jails only had to be big enough to hold a criminal, if he could still walk into the cell.
Randy,my dad was a CW2 in the U.S. Army and in his house it was simple..you WILL say Yes Sir/Mam, you WILL be courteous, you WILL be held accountable for your actions AT ALL TIMES...NO EXCEPTIONS! To say the least, he was an absolute hardass, BUT he was also fair......to this day at the age of 51, i still say yes sir/mam, no sir/mam and to this day, i still try to think of others before i think of myself, and always try to be courteous...my friend it is all about RESPECT...ive known people who didnt have two nickles to rub together that had more CLASS and RESPECT for this coutry and the people who live in it then a bunch of rich, daddy bought me this MORONS who could BUY thier way out of anything and dont give a crap about anthing but themselves...it seems thats what weve become and its sad as i just dont think its what so many brave people gave and ARE GIVING thier lives for...i can only hope that something will get ALL OF US back on track...OPIO, LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED!! :lol: :lol:

Bill,

Grew up the same way. Respect wasn't an option, dad enlisted at 18 off the farm in Wisconsin, milk cows or ? This is now June '42, Pearl Harbor just happened. Went in as a Seaman's apprentice, retired in '71 as O5 and Commander of the P3 sub chaser squadron in Jax. Did it the hard way, as a Mustang. I was born in '62 when Kennedy and Castro were pointing fingers.

It's weird, now I go to the grocery store,bagger says "plastic okay, sir" and I start looking for my dad. There is still some who give it.

When you are down on your luck, respect is all you have to give. Our friend Keith (RIP) was like that, most respectful person I have ever met, on a bad day or good.

The six most feared words in the English language:

WAIT 'TIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME.

Bill, look at some of our next generation stepping up.

Josh Kindred, Zach Junker, Josh and Alex Black.

Aric Almirola would sit in the tower with me and help CD races, keep score, start the clock. Most respectful youth growing up had good teachers.

RP

Back