Road Runner Hydro"s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While Ralph Almirola may best be known for his exceptional twin hydro's his 21-90 Stealth boats are very competitive also. If you are able travel around our country and race with some of the best RC boat heat racer's you will at sometime need some repair support.
I recently attended the Charleston race and my RR 45 hydro hit a turtle or some object and damaged one of my sponson's. At the race I called Ralph and asked if he could provide me with a new set of sponson's since I was sighned up for the upcoming VooDo race in New Orleans.
Today I received my new sponson's! As usual the quality was exceptional, however like any RC boat builder Ralph is looking to improve his product. I have included a couple of pic's to show Ralph's latest boom tube sponson connection. Instead of the typical solid piece in the sponson that goes into the boom tube Ralph has reversed that so the boom tube goes into the sponson creating a much stronger connection.
My post is all about support for what you buy, Ralph is there when you need him.

Roadrunner Boats
Ralph Almirola
813-215-6540

Attachments

• DSC_0185.JPG
    DSC_0185.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 197
  • DSC_0186.JPG
    DSC_0186.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Tim,

I agree with you, Ralph is a Very Good boat builder and a really nice guy. He always comes through when you need something in a pinch.

Mark Sholund

A few years ago at the Nitro Championships in Brandon, FL. Larry Kent’s twin hit something in the water and kicked up the rudder, the twin piled into shore and blew up a sponson, with other damage as well. Ralph took Larry and his twin home to his work shop and repaired it and neither he or Larry missed a heat. Ralph’s the best!

Ralph's latest boom tube sponson connection:
Instead of the typical solid piece in the sponson that goes into the boom tube, Ralph has reversed that so the boom tube goes into the sponson, creating a much stronger connection
nice! What type of boom's is Ralph using? Solid carbon rod? Or carbon fibre tubing? What is diameter of carbon booms?

Possibly the most successful heat racing riggers of all time, everyone has owned one a some point.
And Ralph's support has been consistent beyond any other brand.
I loved racing my twin RR!

Latest posts

Back