OT- here we go again!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got 5 - 8 comming today.. 2 more tommorrow already close to 50" for the season lol..

hey don, look at it this way.. when it all melts.. your pond levels will be REAL FULL lol

chris

Hey Dooooonnnnnnnnnnn;

We are supposed to get another 5-8 inches starting Wed. around 5-6 P.M. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Carl

don,

I think to help your out, there one thing to to make it easier on your old body, WAX THE SNOW SHOVEL, maybe the snow will come off the shovel better. LOL LOL

Walt Barney now in Fl. for the winter!!!!!!!!!

And here in Buffalo, grass, sunshine but the ponds are frozen
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We've only got a lousy foot of snow coming starting tomorrow morning. I still have to go to work......... :(

Isnt JAG Croation for HEAVY SNOW :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm beginning to think it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey man, could you please keep your yugoslavian to yourself ;) i waved once again to you while i was on the phone with steve wood and was cursing you out as ussual when i drive up north :D you guy's can't drive in the dry, why bother in the wet/frozen stuff. in all honesty,plows did a great job,except for about 10 miles of 3" thick ice which brought traffic to a very quick stop,all but my 80,000#

A@S which was looking for a escape route :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, looks like we are getting another 10-20 inches tomorrow folks.

Maybe we won't have to go into work again and i can continue on building the new 20 rigger.

Carl

What are you building Carl??? I take it a test n' tune is out of the question for this weekend???
blink.gif

well, concidering I can't really go out doors for more than a few minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :( :( :( :(

Carl

Well, looks like we are getting another 10-20 inches tomorrow folks.

Maybe we won't have to go into work again and i can continue on building the new 20 rigger.

Carl
The NWS forecast for northern Virginia (Carl's area) -

Issued by The National Weather Service

Baltimore/Washington, MD

2:34 am EST, Tue., Feb. 9, 2010

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 10 TO 20 INCHES.

* TIMING... MID-AFTERNOON TODAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

* TEMPERATURES... TEMPERATURES NEAR FREEZING AT THE ONSET TODAY AFTERNOON. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP I

* WINDS... LIGHT SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS TODAY BECOMING NORTHWESTERLY 15 TO 25 MPH WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THE COMBINATION OF SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

Down our way it's going to be a mixed bag of sleet, freezing rain, ice and snow........oh joy I can hardly wait. <_<

Rumor has it Al Gore has gone deep in hiding............ :p

Don;

I saw Al Gore at the Safeway this morning stocking up on Salt and wearing sunglasses and a big Fedora,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :blink: :blink: :blink:

Carl

Time to build another Front sponson today

Im sure im gonna get razzed for this and rightfully so...i mean this as a compliment........I DONT KNOW HOW YOU GUYS DO IT YEAR AFTER YEAR!You are all a tough bunch of people...Weve had the steadiest stretch of cold weather here in Fla.that ive experienced in YEARS..lows in the 40s.. highs in the 50s&60s with a good bit of rain...AND IM SICK OF IT! I sincerely hope things improve for all of ya...you are in my thoughts!

Im sure im gonna get razzed for this and rightfully so...i mean this as a compliment........I DONT KNOW HOW YOU GUYS DO IT YEAR AFTER YEAR!You are all a tough bunch of people...Weve had the steadiest stretch of cold weather here in Fla.that ive experienced in YEARS..lows in the 40s.. highs in the 50s&60s with a good bit of rain...AND IM SICK OF IT! I sincerely hope things improve for all of ya...you are in my thoughts!
man what a bunch of babies.. it could be worse.. we could have alaska or CAN weather..cold all year long...plus we could have the winter of 78 if you want?..the past 10 years in ohio has had mild winters..

well, finally made it home last night. work had put me in a motel close to the shop so i could be available to repair equipment. snow removal WILL trash stuff!! i told them going in that if i wasn't home to keep my 1/2 mile of driveway open, i would need help getting here. my boss said "we will get you home". we got 42" at the house!! sunday, no help from work. monday, i got a skid steer loader with bald tires, got it stuck 4 times in the first 1/2 hr. them my boss sends a 3/4 ton truck with a straight blade. told him up front that was a joke. it got further than i thought, but got stuck also. the driver & i headed back to the motel. yesterday, i got a track loader. keep in mind that i live in the country, about 65 miles from work. so, to return on loader & get another on icy roads is about 6 hrs in travel time alone. get the plow truck out, get to the house & barn to check on the horses. horses are fine, i left them with plenty of hay & water. starts snowing again yesterday afternoon, my boss is antsy to get the truck & loaders back, so i can't do as good a job on the driveway as i need to. got stuck last night in my awd van coming home. more snow last night & today - about 10 more inches!! plus 30 mph winds, i might as well not have done a thing to my driveway. i own a truck with a snowplow, had i been here, i could have kept my diveway open. now i will wait & see if my boss is going to help, or do i pay someone upwards of $50 per hour?? that will mean that i pretty much work 52 hours in 4 days for not much $. **** YOU, DON :lol: :lol: !!

well, finally made it home last night. work had put me in a motel close to the shop so i could be available to repair equipment. snow removal WILL trash stuff!! i told them going in that if i wasn't home to keep my 1/2 mile of driveway open, i would need help getting here. my boss said "we will get you home". we got 42" at the house!! sunday, no help from work. monday, i got a skid steer loader with bald tires, got it stuck 4 times in the first 1/2 hr. them my boss sends a 3/4 ton truck with a straight blade. told him up front that was a joke. it got further than i thought, but got stuck also. the driver & i headed back to the motel. yesterday, i got a track loader. keep in mind that i live in the country, about 65 miles from work. so, to return on loader & get another on icy roads is about 6 hrs in travel time alone. get the plow truck out, get to the house & barn to check on the horses. horses are fine, i left them with plenty of hay & water. starts snowing again yesterday afternoon, my boss is antsy to get the truck & loaders back, so i can't do as good a job on the driveway as i need to. got stuck last night in my awd van coming home. more snow last night & today - about 10 more inches!! plus 30 mph winds, i might as well not have done a thing to my driveway. i own a truck with a snowplow, had i been here, i could have kept my diveway open. now i will wait & see if my boss is going to help, or do i pay someone upwards of $50 per hour?? that will mean that i pretty much work 52 hours in 4 days for not much $. **** YOU, DON :lol: :lol: !!
hey pal, i guess FLA weather is not looking so bad right now? :rolleyes:

not really, mike. the heat & humidity 10 months out of the year finally made me leave. while i may be snowed in 'til sunday or monday, i will get a lot done to boats............i'm on salary, so i still get paid :D !

not really, mike. the heat & humidity 10 months out of the year finally made me leave. while i may be snowed in 'til sunday or monday, i will get a lot done to boats............i'm on salary, so i still get paid :D !

I'll take the heat and humidity anyday and its more like 8 mos not 10 ..here is a few pics to jog your memory .............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

2hy8bro.jpg

14tab9l.jpg

el4mme.jpg

ezlbih.jpg

v2zqtd.jpg

106zvi9.jpg

b3vcx0.jpg

214uj46.jpg

2eq546q.jpg

tom, you're such a wise azz :lol: :lol: !!! but that's why i like ya without ever having met you. it's kinda funny, most folks can't stand the cold as they get older, i'm just the opposite, cold doesn't really bother me. thanx for the pics, though, always enjoy boat photos :D .

Id rather sweat than deal with that crap any day, you can ALWAYS jump in the pool down here to cool off ;)

And to think I ALMOST moved up there last year :blink:

Foley has the right idea. B) B) B)

49 here right now and a forecast low of 36-

cold by our standards :p :p :p

Andy

Well Don's curse is rolling even further south. The forecast for tomorrow night is for 1-3", or more, for Charleston. All the weather folks are in a real tizzy about it. I know 1-3" is nothing more than a dusting compared to the mid-atlantic area, but .... Look out Tom and Andy, you're next!

Back