OT...go-cart on steroids!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember years ago going to Myrtle Beach SC and driving those Grand Prix cars, small with 250cc rotax engines with a belt drive similar to a snomobile,,,,,Always wanted to get one and drop a 600-750cc crotch rocket motor in it!

Now for a pit vehicle this would rock pit runner Now I think 2 grand is a bit much but I have some old go-kart frames.........

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a modern car built to the old Lotus 7 concept. I think I want one... Ony $40K, and not road legal in the US... :(

It's a modern car built to the old Lotus 7 concept. I think I want one... Ony $40K, and not road legal in the US... :(
Similar to my toy. I have a homemade "Go Kart" that has a Kawasaki GPZ 1100 fuel injected motorcycle engine with a kirker header and a supertrapp muffler. Estimated horsepower about 120 with a total weight of about 800 lb. Zero to 100 in less than 6 seconds. Two seater, full chromemoly frame and roll cage. Mickey Thompson Hot and Sticky tires. Four wheel air suspension. Can't get many people to ride with me a second time. The rush is 100% pure adrenalin.

Similar to my toy. I have a homemade "Go Kart" that has a Kawasaki GPZ 1100 fuel injected motorcycle engine with a kirker header and a supertrapp muffler. Estimated horsepower about 120 with a total weight of about 800 lb. Zero to 100 in less than 6 seconds. Two seater, full chromemoly frame and roll cage. Mickey Thompson Hot and Sticky tires. Four wheel air suspension. Can't get many people to ride with me a second time. The rush is 100% pure adrenalin.

Charles,

Where do you play with your "toy"? I have been thinking about building one with a Honda 650 but dont have anywhere to play with it.

Kelly.

Was the vid of the Arial Atom? (I can't watch it - firewall)

I saw something on TV about it. Powered by a Honda Civic engine, but only weighs about 500Kg ready to go.... so the power to weight ratio is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the vid of the Areal Atom? (I can't watch it - firewall)

I saw something on TV about it. Powered by a Honda Civic engine, but only weighs about 500Kg ready to go.... so the power to weight ratio is awesome.

Hey Tim, yes thats it TURBO Charged. Hey you going to make the NAMBA Nats? Hope so!

Ron

Yeah - thats the one I saw on TV! What a weapon. Handles and stops too!

Hey Ron,

I've been trying to save for the US trip since the last time the guys travelled over, but it's not looking like I've saved enough to do it this year. :( :( Single income family with two kids and a bad habit of buying more boat stuff (when I should be happy with I already had). I want to avoid going into too much debt to do the trip.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a second job and stop buying any more boat things to make it happen in 2007.

Charles,

Where do you play with your "toy"? I have been thinking about building one with a Honda 650 but dont have anywhere to play with it.

Kelly.
I actually have three "Go Karts" The one that I described, Another with a 450 Suzuki GS engine, All independent suspension, Wooly Bugger tires (strickly yard kart) another with a Subaru engine from a Subaru Legacy. I ride the Kawasaki powered on the back roads. I live in rural tennessee with plenty of winding backoads. Some of the first riders were part of the local enforcement. With one living on each side of me it was difficult not too. This toy is street legal except it doesn't have a DOT approved windshield. This helps. I just have to be careful until I get on some roads that are on private property that I have permission to ride on. It helped that this toy was a 2 seater.

Back