Sandpaper Suggestions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCapaldi

Supporting Member
I'm just about out of sandpaper and thought I would check to see what others out there were using. I've been using 3M purchased at Home Depot but wanted to see if there may be some better sandpaper available.
Thanks,
Chris

I go to my automotive PPG paint store.
They the best sand paper masking tape, scuffing pads, lacquer thinner, Bull spray to use first on plastic parts for pain adhesion and one of the best paint brands and ETC

Chris, If you are sanding epoxy, especially if it sealing the deck or bottom be sure to first use a scotch brite pad and a little water to get the oily type surface off the epoxy. Wipe the surface dry and you are ready to sandpaper. This will help keep the sand paper from loading up. It appears to me that 3M changed the way they make their sandpaper. The grits seem coarser now then in the past for the same grit rating. Take a piece of your current sandpaper along to Home Depot or wherever and see if the grit rating is the same as you have been using and adjust your selection on what suits your application.

Chris
If you use Total Boat Epoxy you willn't have the oily film laying on top of the epoxy.It sands so nice.Just my 002cents

Total boat 2 part penetrating epoxy is the best stuff to seal wood.
Doc, took your advice on the Jamestown product a couple of years back, and you were right....don't need 2K primer with that- just prime with primer shade that works with your basecoat color, apply graphics, and build up 2K glamour clear as desired. Looks good, nearly bombproof.

Back