OS 21 XM Parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Jones

Does anyone have a lead on where I can get these missing parts from? There is no local hobby shop, so mailorder is prefered.

Attached is a picture of the Outboard and the location of the missing parts.

#1 Screws that attach the steering arm to the mount

#2 Plastic washer that reduces friction

The hardware store locally does not have anything even close that will work for either. Worst case scenario I will mail order a couple screws, and make my own washer.

Thanks,

Chris

1.jpg

Does anyone have a lead on where I can get these missing parts from? There is no local hobby shop, so mailorder is prefered.
Attached is a picture of the Outboard and the location of the missing parts.

#1 Screws that attach the steering arm to the mount

#2 Plastic washer that reduces friction

The hardware store locally does not have anything even close that will work for either. Worst case scenario I will mail order a couple screws, and make my own washer.

Thanks,

Chris
Tower Hobbies sells all of these parts...

Steering Arm Screws: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXCV94&P=K

Pin Assembly: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXCV95&P=K

You are welcome... Glad I could help...

I basically have the entire OS Lower unit parts list saved on my Tower Hobbies "Wish List"... I've been using them to conver my Lawless lowers to the OS mounting/steering system for use on my FE tunnels... Second one is just about complete ;)

I basically have the entire OS Lower unit parts list saved on my Tower Hobbies "Wish List"... I've been using them to conver my Lawless lowers to the OS mounting/steering system for use on my FE tunnels... Second one is just about complete ;)
You might be better off buying a whole new engine and selling the powerhead. I looked at getting an OS lower from tower in parts. It worked out to be about the same price as a new engine.

You might be better off buying a whole new engine and selling the powerhead. I looked at getting an OS lower from tower in parts. It worked out to be about the same price as a new engine.
I'm only using the steering system and "yolk" parts... Not an inexpensive conversion, but worth it to me...

Darin, did you buy a whole engine to part out, got the powerhead to sell?

mike b

For anyone interested, you can purchase the complete OS lower unit from Tower Hobbies. You need to do a search for part number from the OS parts list, my invoice shows Tower #LXCP20, OS part #23871000. I bought one just a few months ago for 134.99.

Wallster

Darin, did you buy a whole engine to part out, got the powerhead to sell?mike b
Just the mount and steering components...

LXCP65 O.S. Mount Plate 21XM $11.99

LXCV94 O.S. Steering Arm 21XM $ 6.29

LXCV95 O.S. Arm Shaft Assembly 21XM $ 6.29

LXCP67 O.S. Lower Arm 21XM $ 9.49

LXCP66 O.S. Upper Arm 21XM $11.99

--------

Total Cost: $46.05

Plus the Lawless 3.5 drive...

Back