Old Q-T hydro pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor347

OK, since we're showing off boat pics. Here's my old Q-T hydro (I think Jevmax still owns it).

39.5 inches W/O hardware. Shown with the 1527/1Y that I generally ran on 6S. This was the test bed for the first SeaKing 180 we got in the country. Ran it in open hydro, 70+ in heat trim with the twins and gas boats. Best part was it didn't matter if it got washed down.

Balsa/ply/foam/carbon construction.

DSCF5780.JPG

DSCF5782.JPG

Is this the predecessor to the Rapter for P-Limited? I really like the Rapter. Dan Proulx runs one so I see it alot. I came close to calling you a couple of times to order one. As you know my buddy Klaus is good with riggers too so I am running one of his "Klausmeister" riggers. The thing is plenty fast. My hand / eye coordination thing becomes a little questionable above 60 mph. Probably not a class I should be in.

Brian, wat prop gave you the best balance of speed and efficiency?

Hugh

Last edited:
Hugh,

It's been a while, but IIRC it was a 1655 with lots of cutting/bending. I was running this boat before I'd spent much time with the ABC cleavers, I'll be testing those when the new boat hits the water. My avatar it this boat coming up for a start.

Doug,

The raptor was already around when this boat was built. It was sort of scaled up from the spec boat but with an eye to running in serious chop for open hydro. The new boat has another four years worth of tinkering incorporated into the design.

Brian, what do you use to seal the tub where the tubes run through?
Terry,

On my Raptor, I used clear Silicone under some large nylon washers, drilled out accordingly. I think Brian is using the washers, but he may have graduated to using a type of double-backed, waterproof carpet tape to hold them in place.

Hey Brian,

Yes indeed. I still have that rigger. I raced it last year at the Carrolton Classic up in the Dallas area. I love it!

Jim Vaughn

(aka. jevmax)

Rap, what did you replace this girl with? What are you running now? :)

Hugh

I haven't replaced it yet. My racing partner was originally going to race it in open hydro at our district races. After a couple races he decided it was too fast for him. So, it sat for a few months before I put it up for sale.

I'm working on the tooling for the next generation of the boat right now.

Latest posts

Back