OH MY GOD!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y2k, what a bunch of bs that was!! i did absolutely nothing to anything electronic at my house & guess what? i woke up on 1/1/00 and everything functioned normally......all the ceo's just needed a new year's "bonus", imho :angry: .

Central and Southern Florida beware......

Cold snap is producing not rain, or snow, but IGUANA SHOWERS.

Dozens of the critters are dropping out of trees, and going into a "suspended animation" due to the cold. They are alive, and hopefully will resume when temps crawl up over the 40 F mark.

Happened back in 2008, and again now. That would be an interesting 911 call.

911..What is your emergency?

My husband got knocked out in the yard by a Frozen Iguana..

Maam, are you currently on any Medication?

THWOP!

Hello? Hello?

Look out MIC, there everywhere... :D
hey bro, laughing my ass off that you brought this up! my cusin call me yesterday from florida and told me he almost got drilled by one of those babies falling out of a tree. can't make this s**t up! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
y2k, what a bunch of bs that was!! i did absolutely nothing to anything electronic at my house & guess what? i woke up on 1/1/00 and everything functioned normally......all the ceo's just needed a new year's "bonus", imho :angry: .
I went to programming school in 1982, doing IBM systems (COBOL) on a mainframe, and the teachers knew this would happen then, we were told that there was no problem, they could lengthen the field in mm/dd/yy to fix the 00 issue as a 4 digit field. It was all a scare tactic.

Maybe Mic you could bring some tasty Iguana Chowder to STRA races, or we could get Grannis' Jambalaya recipe. Just put more hot sauce on it, and keep chewin' city boy !!! :rolleyes: :blink:

With living on the lake i have those buggers all over maybe i should bag them send them to Mic for his dogs :rolleyes:

think Al gore and his buddys better re think that globle warmming again......! We might be maybe returning to the winter weather of 77-78...We got about 4 1/2-5" of the white stuff on thrusday-fri...

A geologist friend of mine says Global Warming is real, and has been going on for the last 250,000 years or so, exc ept of course for a little ice age here and there.

The real bugger is that there are many people with agendas that want to convince the public that global warming will lead to the extinction of all life on earth, or at the very least cause all the low lying areas along the coasts to be catestrophically submerged. Costing us thousands to millions of lives and countless billions of dollars in financial ruin. All the effort put into these "DOOMSDAY" scenario "reports" and "documentaries" is an attempt to panic people into doing something that will benefit someone else. And the benefit usually flows to the people that produce and promote the message and their patrons. Before "Earthfriend" Al Gore produced his movie he was a political consultant to a firm (that's a business) that was (and still is) trying to establish an international "Carbons Credits" trading mechanism. To accomplish this they have to get international public concern whipped up to the point where governments (pressured by their fearful citizenry) will legislate all forms of carbon emisions. That means TAXES or FEES for anyone that produces carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide in their daily activities. (Who would that be, I wonder?) This in-turn means that those who live in industrialized countries (YOU & I) will be forced to pay additional fees for the priviledge of using hydrocarbon fuels for which you already pay a price that includes about 30 to 40% tax. Oh and guess what...almost everyone uses energy generated by burning hydrocarons of some type. Even if you are all electric at your house, your energy probably comes from burning gas or coal or oil.

Why do you think that these fearmongers want you to believe that burning hydrocarbon fuels (ie: producing carbon dioxide) with be the death of us all? Because Oil and Coal consumption can be and are measured quite accurately, thus it's easier to track!

Scientific issues like the cause of global warming are not decided by governments but by free and open discourse among the members of the scientific community who are interested and working in the topic. The "Greenhouse Gate" scandal that recently came to light revealed how politically motivated members of the scientific comunity and academia (that would generally be extremist environmentalists and liberals) siezed control of the major scientific journals & other media and blocked (that means prevented)the publication of data and theories produced by dissenting scientists. It has even come to light that these pro-global warming politicos were "adjusting data" to make their results look better.

If you are concerned about carbon emissions and global warming consider these little items:

1.) Carbon dioxide is critical for life on this planet, it's critical for photosynthesis (that's growing plants)

2.) Of all the different greenhouse gasses, guess which one has the single greatest impact on solar heating of the atmosphere?... (It's water vapor not Carbon dioxide.)

3.) Plants release Carbon dioxide at night.

4.) Termites, for which there are over 1,000,000 for every human being on the planet, release Carbon dioxide & methane continuously while digesting cellulose (plant & wood fiber).

5.) If there is any significant rise in global sea levels it won't be overnight and it would probably take longer than it would take for a seaside business to turn to rust from the seawater corrosion. Needless to say that relocation or engineering to resolve coastal flooding will result in plenty of employment opportunities.

6.) The computer models used to predict temperature increases due to global warming have been completely inaccurate and wrong over the last ten years (We've been in a "global cooling" event). But the advocates of these models say that the solution to improve the accuracy is to simplify them and run 100 year projections. Do you understand what happens when you compound errors? (I bet you know what compound interest is!)

7.) Impending disaster sells well on TV and in the media. If you don't believe that you haven't been watching TV in the USA lately.

8.)The media wants you to believe that there is NO DISSENT with respect to the "FACT" of Global warming. But you need to know there are thousands of scientists and academics who do not agree with the theory that human activity is the cause of global warming.

9.) It is believed that the eruption of the volcano Krakatoa (Indonesia August 1883) put more CO2 into the atmosphere than all of previous human activity combined.

If someone wants you to believe that humans are causing global warming they are wanting to take the fruits of your labor and "redistribute" them to the poor non-industrialized nations...minus of course a healthy chunk as an "administration fee".

Look-up, Look around, Stand-up and Fight Corruption!

Y2K, I forgot about that, I remember now all the hoopla the news media was stiring up...Now we have this 2012 scare coming up & the end of the world, again. The worlds been coming to an end I dont know how many times, personally I think the world ends when one passes away, at least for that person...Hollywood already is trying to cash in on 2012....Its always about money my friends..

A geologist friend of mine says Global Warming is real, and has been going on for the last 250,000 years or so, exc ept of course for a little ice age here and there.

The real bugger is that there are many people with agendas that want to convince the public that global warming will lead to the extinction of all life on earth, or at the very least cause all the low lying areas along the coasts to be catestrophically submerged. Costing us thousands to millions of lives and countless billions of dollars in financial ruin. All the effort put into these "DOOMSDAY" scenario "reports" and "documentaries" is an attempt to panic people into doing something that will benefit someone else. And the benefit usually flows to the people that produce and promote the message and their patrons. Before "Earthfriend" Al Gore produced his movie he was a political consultant to a firm (that's a business) that was (and still is) trying to establish an international "Carbons Credits" trading mechanism. To accomplish this they have to get international public concern whipped up to the point where governments (pressured by their fearful citizenry) will legislate all forms of carbon emisions. That means TAXES or FEES for anyone that produces carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide in their daily activities. (Who would that be, I wonder?) This in-turn means that those who live in industrialized countries (YOU & I) will be forced to pay additional fees for the priviledge of using hydrocarbon fuels for which you already pay a price that includes about 30 to 40% tax. Oh and guess what...almost everyone uses energy generated by burning hydrocarons of some type. Even if you are all electric at your house, your energy probably comes from burning gas or coal or oil.

Why do you think that these fearmongers want you to believe that burning hydrocarbon fuels (ie: producing carbon dioxide) with be the death of us all? Because Oil and Coal consumption can be and are measured quite accurately, thus it's easier to track!

Scientific issues like the cause of global warming are not decided by governments but by free and open discourse among the members of the scientific community who are interested and working in the topic. The "Greenhouse Gate" scandal that recently came to light revealed how politically motivated members of the scientific comunity and academia (that would generally be extremist environmentalists and liberals) siezed control of the major scientific journals & other media and blocked (that means prevented)the publication of data and theories produced by dissenting scientists. It has even come to light that these pro-global warming politicos were "adjusting data" to make their results look better.

If you are concerned about carbon emissions and global warming consider these little items:

1.) Carbon dioxide is critical for life on this planet, it's critical for photosynthesis (that's growing plants)

2.) Of all the different greenhouse gasses, guess which one has the single greatest impact on solar heating of the atmosphere?... (It's water vapor not Carbon dioxide.)

3.) Plants release Carbon dioxide at night.

4.) Termites, for which there are over 1,000,000 for every human being on the planet, release Carbon dioxide & methane continuously while digesting cellulose (plant & wood fiber).

5.) If there is any significant rise in global sea levels it won't be overnight and it would probably take longer than it would take for a seaside business to turn to rust from the seawater corrosion. Needless to say that relocation or engineering to resolve coastal flooding will result in plenty of employment opportunities.

6.) The computer models used to predict temperature increases due to global warming have been completely inaccurate and wrong over the last ten years (We've been in a "global cooling" event). But the advocates of these models say that the solution to improve the accuracy is to simplify them and run 100 year projections. Do you understand what happens when you compound errors? (I bet you know what compound interest is!)

7.) Impending disaster sells well on TV and in the media. If you don't believe that you haven't been watching TV in the USA lately.

8.)The media wants you to believe that there is NO DISSENT with respect to the "FACT" of Global warming. But you need to know there are thousands of scientists and academics who do not agree with the theory that human activity is the cause of global warming.

9.) It is believed that the eruption of the volcano Krakatoa (Indonesia August 1883) put more CO2 into the atmosphere than all of previous human activity combined.

If someone wants you to believe that humans are causing global warming they are wanting to take the fruits of your labor and "redistribute" them to the poor non-industrialized nations...minus of course a healthy chunk as an "administration fee".

Look-up, Look around, Stand-up and Fight Corruption!
So, your thinking is;? The population of the planet should keep on doing what it has been doing? Scrape every last source of burnable fuel

and just say; WHOOPS ,when it is gone? The CO/2 into the atmosphere won't make any difference? Like it has already.We will be dead and

buried by then, but what about the future? Global warming as the issue states, will take many years, we won't be here then. Your children

may have to?,or their children may have to deal with our indescretions? I chose not to bury my head in the sand, and not even consider the

possibilities.

I did a little research of my own and found the weather statistics for Mawson in Antarctica. The same site had provision to overlap the statistics for 2009 along side other years for comparative analysis. So I figured I'd compare it to 50 years earlier.

See attached and make up your own mind.

Source was the BOM Website

So, your thinking is;? The population of the planet should keep on doing what it has been doing? Scrape every last source of burnable fuel

and just say; WHOOPS ,when it is gone? The CO/2 into the atmosphere won't make any difference? Like it has already.We will be dead and

buried by then, but what about the future? Global warming as the issue states, will take many years, we won't be here then. Your children

may have to?,or their children may have to deal with our indescretions? I chose not to bury my head in the sand, and not even consider the

possibilities.
No, I did not say any of that, and I do not have my head buried in the sand. My point is that no one really knows why the planet is warming. And that there are plenty of smart and knowledgeable people that disagree with those who want you to believe that the warming trend (which recently has been a cooling trend) is caused by human activity and by burning fossil fuels in particular.

I am a conservationist by nature, and would like to see sustainable and renewable energy sources developed, but economic and viable energy sources should not be arbitrarily set aside unless there is a clear concensus that they are harmful. Despite what the media feeds us, the scientific community simply does NOT have that concensus. To snap to judgement prematurely will only further complicate and weaken the global economic situation. When sustainable energy sources become economic, and they eventually will, there will be a natural shift to those forms of energy as fossil fuels become more expensive.

The atmosphere of this planet is in balance with the geochemical and biological components. The planetary biosphere and geosphere are pretty effective recyclers of atmospheric consituents. To leap to the assumption that recent human activity is the cause of planetary warming and by extension that a period of planetary warming will destabilize the ecologic balance and destroy us all is not rational. Global climatology, as a science, is in its infancy, and there are plenty of differing opinions. The problem is that we are all being fed only one side of the argument.The primary tool being used to motivate us, to set aside our natural skepticism and take sides, is "fear". The recent revelations about how politically polarized scientists and environmental extremists used the academic and scientific literature system to block the presentation of different opinions should alert us all to the very real potential that someone is trying to sell us a bill of goods.

Your desire to ensure that your children and granchildren have good lives on a beautiful and sustainable planet are wonderful, and I applaud them. But, are you willing to significanly reduce your standard of living and by default the standard of living of your immediate children? If we pre-emptively discard the use of fossil fuels there will not be enough energy available to supply the basic needs of our society, let alone the global population. Global population growth, which has been essentially flat in the US and most of the developed nations, and energy demand are linked. A growing global population expects to have its energy needs met. Even with extremely rapid growth in the capacity of renewable energy sources, to set aside carbon based fuels would create severe shortfalls of available energy for the global population. All the solar, wind, hydo and nuclear power(which many environmental extremists also hate) when combined would not be able to fill the energy gap for many many years, if ever. Therefore to say, without clear evidence, "Gosh we have got to quit using carbon based fuels because of CO2!" will condem the vast majority of the population to a reduced standard of living.

Some argue that local weather shifts are clear harbingers of disaster, but local climactic conditions are constantly shifting and have been for many milennia. As topography changes so do local conditions, its geologic as well as climactic. No one knows how many times in the last 200,000 years the north pole has been ice free, or is this even matters.

Please consider: If, over the last 100 years, the populations of Haiti, Dominica and Madagascar had sufficient oil & gas to power their needs, do you think the rainforests of Haiti the Dominican Republic and Madagascar would have been stripped away to make charcoal? Oil & Gas demand and use are not responsible for the precipitous decline of the Amazonian rainforests, its the need to grow food for a growing population! The carbon credits crowd want's you to think that the redistribution of wealth, by charging you for the CO2 you produce will precipitate the rapid development of alternative forms of sustainable energy. It won't, it will only fatten the pocketbooks of a few devious scoundrels.

Wake-up, Look-up, and Think!

hi, sorry must throw me two cents in.i haul haz-mat waste and all types of other goodies to facilaties all over the country and if i told you what a f***in wastse of time and tax payers $$$$$$ is wasted on this bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!! i have driven 300 miles to pick up 1,yes i said 1,wall thermostat like the one in your very house and drove it anthor 700 miles to properly dispose of it at a speacial place just becaus of these

fu**in as**holes in congress but yet the rest of the world could give a sh*t less!! i just spoke to a EPA as*whipe today and he told me that the way CHINA took care of its problom with LEAD in the products was to REPLACE it with a CADMIUM of some type and now it is 200 times worse

than it ever was!! i have no children so i could give a Sh*t less,just cause all you jacka**es reprodused that is you problem!PS, did i ever mention i am a OUTSPOKEN PERSON! line up all these jerko**s from congress and kill them ALL! oh yeah, except the ones who are PRO GUN!!

i can't preach what to say to your kids, but i think the subject of REVOLUTION should be first on the list! i LOVE my country, just can't stand what they have done to it!! wake up people!!! PS,have a great night. Mike Costanzo, AND DAM PROUD OF WHO I AM !!!!!

I have nothing what so ever against searching for and discovering alternative energy sources...just dont shut down the economy of an entire nation to do so....and if the climate is changing due to cyclic events, which is what i personally believe...just what in the HELL can anyone do about it anyway?? Are we really arrogant enough to believe that we can control all aspects of nature? Alot of disengenuious and CORRUPT people have made millions off of this nonsence at the expense of hardworking taxpayers...this is NOT the country that my father fought in two wars to defend! And Mike you should be VERY proud of who you are and what you believe in! :)

I have nothing what so ever against searching for and discovering alternative energy sources...just dont shut down the economy of an entire nation to do so....and if the climate is changing due to cyclic events, which is what i personally believe...just what in the HELL can anyone do about it anyway?? Are we really arrogant enough to believe that we can control all aspects of nature? Alot of disengenuious and CORRUPT people have made millions off of this nonsence at the expense of hardworking taxpayers...this is NOT the country that my father fought in two wars to defend! And Mike you should be VERY proud of who you are and what you believe in! :)
I agree, and very well said...

Down here in Brownsville Texas, they already voted for a ban on plastic bags, starting in Jan, 2011..And now we're seeing more of the "green" canvas shopping bags...Which is perfectly fine with me...

I agree, and very well said...

Down here in Brownsville Texas, they already voted for a ban on plastic bags, starting in Jan, 2011..And now we're seeing more of the "green" canvas shopping bags...Which is perfectly fine with me...
A little off topic, but HEY RJ...i saw on your list of boats that you have a 40 size U-71 Atlas..that was my first Sport 40 boat WWWWAAAYYY back in the day..I had a K&B 7.5 I.B. in it..ran like a rigger down the straights, but had to be careful in the turns...the boat was narrow and liked to hook in the turns! Id like to build another one someday..maybe make it a little wider...LOVED that pic of the PAK aired out! I was born in Ft.Hood...a lloongg time ago! HOOKEM HORNS! :)

Mike and Bill,

You guys are right on target! I see this sort of ridiculous "faux" environmental activity all the time. So I wonder why don't rational Americans speak up, or at least email their senators and representatives? The answer is simple, the radicle environmentalists have created this image that they "apply" to anyone who disagrees with them.

Being painted with "the anti-environmental image" tends to inhibit us from speaking up, because after all we want all people to like us. Right???

It works something like this:

Rad Environmentalist: We want to ban the use of fossil fuels because we want to ensure the survival of our plant, preserving the marvelous diversity of life on earth, so that our children and children's children will be able to experience the marvels of nature on a healthy planet.

Now really!... What is there in that statement of goals that anyone would disagree with?

The hook is imbedded in the unspoken assertion that fossil fuels are bad for the planet. To agree with that statement you must accept the assertion that fossil fuels are bad. If you disagree, or have the temerity to suggest that we need to talk about this, then you must not understand how critical the situation is or how important biodiversity is (i.e. your stupid!), or your indiferent to the conservation of wildlife (i.e. your callous!), (heck your probably a fur wearing, endangered animal poacher), or you could care less about "the children" or our "future generations"(your cold hearted!) or even helping to keep a clean functioning planet. Oh My GOD! Come on people, can't you see what's going on here. Your being painted into a box! A box where you can be marginalized and controlled.

I wonder what the difference is in the environmental cost (damage) of producing a Hybrid engine system vehicle vs a standard ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle)and if there is really any environmental benefit over the life of the vehicle. Smelting Lithium to make those big ole lithium battery packs has got to have some negative environmental impact. Each vehicle must have some net environmental impact over its life span. I wonder how much difference there is?

Our government and much of our populace seem to think that change for the sake of change alone is going to solve our problems. In my experience this sort of change only replaces one problem for another and often the new one is worse and harder to fix. IMHO this is the wrong approach and it smacks of arrogance at a whole new level!

Come On...Look Up, Stand Up, Think, Speak Up!

Mike and Bill,

You guys are right on target! I see this sort of ridiculous "faux" environmental activity all the time. So I wonder why don't rational Americans speak up, or at least email their senators and representatives? The answer is simple, the radicle environmentalists have created this image that they "apply" to anyone who disagrees with them.

Being painted with "the anti-environmental image" tends to inhibit us from speaking up, because after all we want all people to like us. Right???

It works something like this:

Rad Environmentalist: We want to ban the use of fossil fuels because we want to ensure the survival of our plant, preserving the marvelous diversity of life on earth, so that our children and children's children will be able to experience the marvels of nature on a healthy planet.

Now really!... What is there in that statement of goals that anyone would disagree with?

The hook is imbedded in the unspoken assertion that fossil fuels are bad for the planet. To agree with that statement you must accept the assertion that fossil fuels are bad. If you disagree, or have the temerity to suggest that we need to talk about this, then you must not understand how critical the situation is or how important biodiversity is (i.e. your stupid!), or your indiferent to the conservation of wildlife (i.e. your callous!), (heck your probably a fur wearing, endangered animal poacher), or you could care less about "the children" or our "future generations"(your cold hearted!) or even helping to keep a clean functioning planet. Oh My GOD! Come on people, can't you see what's going on here. Your being painted into a box! A box where you can be marginalized and controlled.

I wonder what the difference is in the environmental cost (damage) of producing a Hybrid engine system vehicle vs a standard ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle)and if there is really any environmental benefit over the life of the vehicle. Smelting Lithium to make those big ole lithium battery packs has got to have some negative environmental impact. Each vehicle must have some net environmental impact over its life span. I wonder how much difference there is?

Our government and much of our populace seem to think that change for the sake of change alone is going to solve our problems. In my experience this sort of change only replaces one problem for another and often the new one is worse and harder to fix. IMHO this is the wrong approach and it smacks of arrogance at a whole new level!

Come On...Look Up, Stand Up, Think, Speak Up!
hi, sorry did not mean to sound bad about people having kids(it's just not for me),i really do love kids and i feel sorry for the next generations.i have a friend that owns a repair shop back up in nyc and he told me that he replaced a batt pack in a toyota preus and it cost like $6,000 to replace.and yes to recycle these units cost alot of $$ and still polluts the atmosphere. we are just a bunch of porns in a bad chess game. i have always said if the tax paying people stop paying there taxes then maybe the gov would start to listen.yeah i know, good luck.

when someone finally comes up with a solution, please let me know. mike.

Enough warming and cooling BS ...I'm never buying a Prius....hard to tow a boat around with a friggin turd like that !!!!!! It's gonna be back in the 70's this weekend and i'm gonna test RC boats rain or shine . How bout you Bill ..gonna put down the Windex and snort some Nitro ?? :D :D :D :D

Enough warming and cooling BS ...I'm never buying a Prius....hard to tow a boat around with a friggin turd like that !!!!!! It's gonna be back in the 70's this weekend and i'm gonna test RC boats rain or shine . How bout you Bill ..gonna put down the Windex and snort some Nitro ?? :D :D :D :D
GOD! HOW I NEED TO! The 20 hydro is VERY close.......spent the better part of Saturday over at Norms shop with Norm, Marty,Rod, Joe, and Hank..Sent you a PM .......

amen to that! just waiting on a few parts and a little warmer weather. also working on the drag car at the same time.can't deside on which one i want to sniff 1st- nitro or cherry sented methanol?? both make BIG HP!!! :D

Latest posts

Back