Official NASCAR thread???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Martin, good year going, keep it up.

Just an fyi, I had recorded the race and was 24 laps into the recording and I get a text from Stan "Martin won Pocono" go figure?????

Tight work MTJ
default_cool.png

Nascar, Junior, Jeff Gordon and the others that want to ban the confederate flag from anywhere need to keep their minds on racing and stay the hell out of politics. Who gave them this right. Banning the confederate flag just because some idiot decides to post a photo of it and himself together is one of the dumbest things there is. I am against what was done in that church or almost any killing at all. I do not hunt for this reason. I do not find any sport in taking the life of anything, but then again, this is MY CHOICE. The flag did not shoot or kill anyone in that church.

Are they going to ban flowers, flower pots, shorts and sunglasses to. They are in the photo also.

I am not for or against showing the confederate flag, what I am against is for anyone to make such a stupid gesture as to try and force their opinion on anyone else, telling them what they can or cannot do.

This is my opinion and my opinion only. No reflection on International Waters or anyone else unless they try to pull the same idiotic stunt.

Charles Perdue

Well said Charles.

We need to ban "prayer mats and the qur'an, not the Confederate Flag!

Man, they're tearing up some cars at Daytona. Like DW says"cautions breed cautions". I think the guys are just getting sleepy after starting at 11:30 yesterday evening!!

Dayum!! All I got to say is Austin Dillon & the fans just past the finish line are some lucky folks. If you haven't seen the replays yet, Austin's car got airborn at the finish (like 20'!), hit the fence, sheared off two of the catch fence uprights & literally stopped cold from 190+. He walked away, & as of this moment, 3 fans are being treated for MINOR injuries. The engine from the car was laying in the infield on fire, Austin's car was upside down about 100' away. Then Brad Keslowski's car comes sliding in sideways & smacks him hard enough to spin it around & rip the front suspension off. This was as violent a crash as I have seen in 50 years of watching NASCAR!! Reminded me of when Micheal Waltrip hit the end of the wall at a gate opening, came apart much the same & then got rammed by someone right behind him years ago. The lack of serious injuries is a testament to NASCAR's safety rules & the guys that designed & built that car. The driver's compartment on Austin's car was basically intact, upside down you could see the main frame rails were still straight. The roll cage held up well enough that he was able to exit through the window opening as usual. Absolutely amazing work all those folks do (-; Glad everyone's safe, race is over & I'm going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other one I have seen that bad was Geoff Bodine in the truck race that one year there at Daytona.

Something has to change - I honestly thought Daytona had claimed the driver of the 3 car yet again. Im sure Jr's crew is gonna get in trouble for rushing onto the scene , but they did what any fellow team would have done. Just glad it wasnt worse.
default_sleep.png

Phil, I just posted a video on my Facebook page that somebody shot from the stands, it really looked scary from there. If I can find it on You Tube I'll post it here. You can see and share it from there on yours.

Nobody is going to get into trouble for running to the car according to NBC Sports. I was up until after the race was over, after 3:15 this morning as it rattled me. I really don't like him but I still hate to see a racer get hurt or worse.

They were saying that the cars are fast at Kansas! And he's starting 7th.

Fox you have to watch. Last year they reported that Jimmie Johnson was a winner during a rain-out but somebody failed to mention to them that it was a replay of the previous weeks race that they showed to kill time.

Back