Official NASCAR thread???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost all respect for Harvick, bogus move.
default_blink.png

So the first non attempt the track lights go green but flag man doesn't wave green flag so that tells me flagman has control. 2 nd attempt oh I mean first reattempt track lights go yellow but flagman hasn't waved yellow yet now track lights have control. Track lights always used to have more control over flag. If you say 1 attempt that means 1.

I have to agree with what Kyle Petty and Jeff Burton said on TV yesterday. Where is the rule that says on a restart of the race that you have to get to the start/finish line before it is an official attempt of a restart? Is this something that is in the NASCAR Rule Book? I doubt it. NASCAR has always kept many 'grey areas" in their rule book that way so that they can manipulate races and the outcome of races to suit themselves, media, sponsors, race teams, you name it. Joey Logano said it best Sunday in Victory Lane. You are playing in NASCAR's sandbox and you play by their rules. Sometimes you just don't know what the rules are..........

As far as Kevin Harvick goes, he managed to get to the outside ( out of the way ) on the first attempt at the green/white/checker ( sorry, NASCAR said that wasn't an attempt ) and did not cause any wrecks that I saw. On the second green/white checker attempt ( oops, the first attempt according to NASCAR ) Trevor Bayne in the 6 car jumped to the outside before Harvick could get to the outside and out of the way. When Harvick did move to the outside he hooked the 6 car and spun him. That DID cause the big wreck. Did Harvick do this on purpose? If it was me in the 4 car? Yea, I would have hooked the 6 car and caused the caution because I knew that I couldn't lose any positions and lose my spot in the Chase. Harvick doesn't need to own up to anything. He's still in the Chase. It's racing............too many rules. And sometimes not the right ones.

I would have liked to have seen the last caution come out about 3 seconds later than it did. We would have seen a different winner. It sure would have kept the beer and soda cans from raining on the track after the race. That reminded me of a Talledega race in the 90's when Jeff Gordon spun Junior to win a race there and he really got bombarded with cans and other stuff after the race.

And the show goes on.

Dick Tyndall

well I don't care for joey but what matt kenseth did was not right. glad no one was hert way to go jeff gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a fan of either drivers BUT if you dish it out, you had better be able to take it because it will certainly come back to you. Not only on the track but in life also.

There are just some people that you do not keep pushing on..........

Besides, Matt did not have a choice after Brad tried to take him out, hitting him twice.

If NASCAR penalizes Matt, they will loose a lot more fans than they have already lost.....did you hear the crowd when Matt spun Joey.

Lets face it , Kenseth had a shzt day with some help from Joey's team mate - again.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

Frustration took the place of better judgement and he did what he did at a track that is know for paybacks due to its distance and size, or the lack of.

Did that make it right ? , not really- Could someone have gotten hurt worse in the move Joey pulled at Kansas ? yeeep

Was that a racing deal ? yeep.

Does that justify Matts deal? - nope.

Did it make you say " hell"yeah" if you dont care for NASCARS latest poster boy - yeeep.....

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out-

IMHO , Nascar is gonna make an example of MK - the rest of the season off would NOT suprise me, at least one race.

I for one enjoyed watching the F-1 race / NHRA and a replay of the Key West Offshore Worlds yesterday than anything Nascar offered. Oh yeah and the Bucs blowing yet anoth 17 pt lead in the 4th qt, only to somehow win in OT.

Jeff Gordon has been sitting there all season nibbling on the cheese and now is going to take all the cheese.

Dave

The fact that it is quiet today on NASCAR tells me that it's not looking good for the 20 car. We will see.

And way to go MTJ. Now get a win to get into Homestead.

NASCAR has gone down the tubes, too much BS these days. I only check in to see how MTJ is doing, otherwise I doubt I'd even bother anymore. It sure ain't what it used to be...............

Same here Don

Haven't been into Nascar for a few years. After returning to to this hobby late last year an finding out that MTJ was a R/C nut like all of use.Happy to see him doing well

DRV2WIN

Ken

The last NASCAR race I tried to watch was when JPM crashed into the jet dryer and set the track on fire.
default_sad.png
default_huh.png
2012??

How quickly will the crybaby Logano go into the outside wall? Hope it is the first lap. He needs to grow up a bunch. He'll get punished by the racers that have the stones to do it. Who steps up?

Back