Official NASCAR thread???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first thought when i read it, ian. it is similar to heat races, will just move along a little quicker. but at least now, they will have to RACE for starting positions. wonder how this will affect speed, 'cuz i think some of the extreme qualifying setups will be gone. some of the tricks used barely allow the cars to make 2 laps without coming apart........

Aaaand yet again -
default_rolleyes.gif

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/big-day-nascar-expected-to-unveil-sweeping-changes-to-the-chase-013014

Yeah no kidding, what the Hell is so great about homestead... Move the last race to Bristol and fix it so they can race all over the track again.... This Nascar thing I used to love is turning into American Idol..........

They screwed up the final race when Atlanta lost it as I never liked Homestead from the first race there. The new system is worse than it was as they never should have started the Race For The Chase. NASCAR does need a serious restructuring but they really went the wrong way here!

Yeah no kidding, what the Hell is so great about homestead... Move the last race to Bristol and fix it so they can race all over the track again.... This Nascar thing I used to love is turning into American Idol..........
Maybe too cold at Bristol for Nascar's liking. Daytona with no restrictor plate.
default_biggrin.png
One race - top ten race for all the marbles.......

At Daytona - with no plates
default_happy.png

Duck Dynasty sponsors April Texas race. Oh ya!!!! Happy, happy, happy...

Last edited by a moderator:
That was one crazy assed race last night! The guys in the booth were making commets about there being a full moon and how nuts things get at the tracks on Saturday nights with full moons. KyBu making a great save. JJ who said that he didn't need any drafting practice sure could have used some with the new spoiler package. The pace car catching on fire! Getting amused with the jet track dryer blowing the entrance cone around. Jewnyer trying to blame Ambrose for his obvious screw-up. All they needed to add to the fun would have been the Keystone Kops!

Really, Danicant didn't really do all that bad last night. After all, she got a Top 20 finish!
default_biggrin.png

My new favorite NASCAR quote - “She was like, ‘Man, you drilled me.’ - Danica Patrick, I was like, ‘Sorry. I didn’t know who I hit.’” - Ricky Stenhouse.

My favorite new nascar quote came from the richard petty interview. after stating his thoughts on her chances of winning, he was asked about her impact on nascar. he responded "if she was a man, nobody would know she was here"

Wait until Danica takes out a slew of cars out during qualifying!
She'll be in shape for it.

Ray your GF was on bethenny today talking about her new sponsor and oral care?????
When the King was asked if she would ever win a race? He said yea, if everybody else stayed home !!!! LMAO The media tried to label it sexist, he told them to F...... Off.
default_ph34r.png
default_laugh.png

Read where Smoke told her to challenge RP to a grudge race
default_rolleyes.gif

I like what Smoke says about starting in the back because of the engine failure / change .

Stewart was more pragmatic about the issue, understanding the volatility of restrictor-plate racing. Because of the draft and the frequency in which drivers shuffle through the running order, starting in the rear at Daytona isn't as big a penalty as it would be elsewhere. In 2012, Stewart won the July Daytona race from the 42nd position after his qualifying time was disallowed.

"If you can't get to the front in 500 miles, you're not going to get there anyway, so it doesn't matter where you start," Stewart said. "I guess I don't have any feelings about it because I think we have a car that can go up and win the 500 regardless of where we start. I'm more worried about getting my car ready for Sunday.

"I really don't care where we start. They can start me a lap down, and I think we'll be fine."
default_biggrin.png

Yup, Smoke offered The King a car also like he really needs one! His cars didn't do that bad last year with Aric at the wheel, a lot better than Princess Sparkle Pony's did!

OK, let's get ready for the duels! My TV has been on FS1 most of the day anyway.

Back