OFFICIAL HOBART RACE COMMENTS...........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

I would just like to start off by saying thank you to the Town of Hobart for giving us boaters an AMAZING site with all the access to everythin we needed. Stu Barr and Bruce Jacobs along with countless others put on a race that will be hard to top. The racing was amazing guys. There was an all-star line-up in every class, it wasnt even funny. It was a pleasure meeting many of you on this website. Its nice to put a face to all theses names. There were boaters from California, Texas, Virginia, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, New York, New Jersey, Indiana, Ohio, Canada, France, and Bermuda just to name a few. We also had boaters that flew in from all over just to be spectators. It really was an amazing event. MeTimeProductions was there with some amazing footage that can be seen on there MeTimeLive site if you want to pull up video footage from each heat (I just did). Doug and his crew were just awesome. There had to have been close to 1,000 spectators lined up rows deep along the front straitaway on Saturday. People were saving eachother spots! The prizes were outstanding! This was a race to remember folks. Over 250 of the best boats in IMPBA and NAMBA showed up to race! Again, Stu Barr, Bruce Jacobs, Greg Hahn and the countless others along with the Town of Hobart, IN put on the biggest and baddast RC Boat race I have ever seen. Im already looking forward to next year. Just a great weekend, and can wait till next years big show!

Thank You All,

Larry Gempp Jr.

Couldn't agree more on what Larry said. Awesome time, great site along with great people and great racing. What more could you ask for??? Thanks to all in the Indy boat club and to everybody in Hobart for making this possible. Look forward to next year already.

I second that!!! Larry said it all! Thanks to the Indy Club,City Of Hobart and all those that helped. It was a great weekend of racing,great weather and making new friends. What more could you ask for? Will be there next year.

Yup,

A great time was had by all and what a beautiful site.

The town of Hobart rolled out the red carpet for us all. I've never felt more welcome in any town. The Mayor, police chief, town council members and the locals went way out of their way to make us feel like their guests. They even had banners in the streets as we came in. It was awesome. The Mayors daughter also sang the national anthem Friday and Saturday.

The spectators were also plentiful. Tons of em. Heck, there were even 2 school trips of little ones that came on Friday. The kids loved it as did everyone that watched. The questions never stopped. It was great!!!

The food in Hobart was fantastic also. Most places delivered or were just in walking distance.

Mike Z also brought 6 boats for the Mayor, police chief and the council members to race for an excibition yesterday. They had a ball and it was hilarious to watch.

Mike, your a class act!! Thanks for all you do.

I was also told that the Mayor and police chief bought Vegas Duces for themselves.

The drivers lineup was also second to none. It was great to see and meet so... many people that I know, but never met.

I can't wait to go back.

There's also rumblings for the Internats to be there in the future. They have my vote for sure.

And as a bonus, it's only 1 3/4 hrs from my house.Can't beat that.

I just can't thank Bruce, Stu, Paula, Kyle and the biggest thank you goes to Janet and the town of Hobart for all of the work they have done to make this one what it was.

AWESOME!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,

The town of Hobart rolled out the red carpet for us all. I've never felt more welcome in any town. The Mayor, police chief, town council members and the locals went way out of their way to make us feel like their guests. They even had banners in the streets as we came in. It was awesome. The Mayors daughter also sang the national anthem Friday and Saturday.

The spectators were also plentiful. Tons of em. Heck, there were even 2 school trips of little ones that came on Friday. The kids loved it as did everyone that watched. The questions never stopped. It was great!!!

The food in Hobart was fantastic also. Most places delivered or were just in walking distance.

Mike Z also brought 6 boats for the Mayor, police chief and the council members to race for an excibition yesterday. They had a ball and it was hilarious to watch.

I was also told that the Mayor and police chief bought Vegas Duces for themselves.

The drivers lineup was also second to none. It was great to see and meet so... many people time that I know, but never met.

I can't wait to go back.

There's also rumblings for the Internats to be there in the future. They have my vote for sure.

I just can't thank Bruce, Stu, Paula, Kyle and the biggest thank you goes to Janet and the town of Hobart for all of the work they have done to make this one what it was.

All I can Say is you PULLED IT OFF. What a great time. And the folks from Hobart helped make this a MUST DO EVENT

Yup,

The drivers lineup was also second to none. It was great to see and meet so... many people time that I know, but never met.

I can't wait to go back.

When can we see some reults.

To me the town and the people of Hobart was like a step back in time, the way that the people greeted you, their openess and the warmness.

The racing event was put on along the same lines, unhurried and laid back.

A really great and fun race.

I don't think that I have seen that many smiles in one place since the last Larry The Cable Guy performance.

I truly enjoyed myself, seeing old friends and making new ones.

THANKS EVERYONE, I WILL BE BACK.

Charles Perdue

There isn't much more to add to what the others have said, I think that the citizens of Hobart were as excited for the event to be there as were the racers.

We got there just as the driver's meeting was going on then the Mayor's daughter sang. A gourmet restaurant was going around selling pork BBQ sandwiches that once word got around, racers were chasing the guy around. He was making 50# a day of meat.

On Friday the race was getting the attention of the kids in school across the street. Teachers said if the kids behaved themselves the rest of the day that they'd take them over to see what was going on.

The city wants the boaters back next year and would host any events that they could. Now they want to build a portable driver's stand and do improvements for a better launch area although the one used wasn't bad.

Kerri, Doug and Brian did a great job for their first real webcast.

Thanks to sponsors for coming through with not only great door prizes but also for the class winners. I made out pretty well in the door prize area, sorry Stu but I had a lot of tickets! :D

Good to meet many of the IW members that I haven't met before or been a long time since we did last meet.

I'm geeked for the next one and hopefully will have something to enter, one which just showed up while typing this.

OK, I just got some shots uploaded but it may take a while for me to work on the videos (new camera, computer and an idiot behind the keyboard).

Here's a link: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/floatsfast/Hobart%20Hydro%20Masters/

Hi,can't say Any more than everyone had said.had a great time,meet new people,shot many pics and want to say.....big thanks to the people who put the show on and hobart,thanks again.looking foward to be there next year..lil al

Ok who were the winners? results please

EVERYONE!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks Bruce and Stu and Kyle...and every one else who helped to put this on. I know that Bruce worked his fanny off for 2 years to do this thing right and it paid off with dividens! If any one out there wants to know how to pull off a first class event just call Bruce.

Absolutely a fantastic event. The racing was top notch, the site was top notch, and the people of Hobart were top notch. Kyle, Bruce, Paula and Stu all did an unbelievable job putting on this event. By far, the BEST race I have ever been to.

Results from memory (might be wrong)

B-Hydro: Brad Beckner

D-Hydro: David Preusse

E-Hydro: Ron Zaker

Open Hydro: Stu?

Twin: Stu

RTR: Mike Z

Stock Tunnel: Mike Z

Gas Cat: Gus Dolsen

Thunderboat: Brian Blazer

Open Gas: Brian Blazer

Sport 20: Chris Wood

Sport 40: Chuck Hildreth

1/8 Scale: Gary Preusse

Awesome job to all involved. A must make event!

To help with the question marks, I have it on high authority...(even though I wasn't there)

D-Hydro: David Preusse

E-Hydro: Ron Zaker

A big thanks to Bruce,Stu,Kyle,Paula and the city of Hobart. What a great race sight and the people that was there was just awsome. This is one of the best races that I have been too. See you next year for sure.

I have to say HANDS DOWN, this is one of the if not the best event i have seen in 15yrs. the town is unlike i have ever seen.. you want it you got it attitude and for boaters that in NOT something we are used to.. they have already planned on next year even bigger and better things.. and yrs to come..

bruce stu and greg are to be commened for all the work put into it.

I can say with confidence that this WILL BE the premier event in the impba for yrs to come.

very nice site.. great people and great races.. like charles perdue said.. kinda makes you feel like it used to be yrs ago.. I have never seen so much buzz going around in a town about our hobby like this one.. at any given time there had to been 300 - 500 or more people watching.. unreal.

mark it down for next year.. it is just gonna get bigger and bigger.

GREAT TIME.

chris wood

From the sounds of it, Sounds like everyone had a great time it also looked like that on the streaming video of METime. I HOPE some one will do an article with pictures for the December Roostertail? If you are interested contact John Equi and let him know you are going to do an article on the event.

One of the spectators told me this was the most excitement Hobart has seen in 3 years. Great job Bruce and the gang.

(if you go next year obey the speed limits)

DonB

Back