Octura White Heat info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris I had a nib white heat 4-60 kit a few years ago and tried to get it copy but did not have any luck and sold it ...I cant remember who I sold it to but will try to find out for you good luck with your hunt...great looking boat and I am sure there are still a few out there somewhere

It was June of 1962 issue.

https://books.google.com/books?id=m...r=&rview=1&pg=PA124&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3596435-Octura-White-Heat-5-Build
Scan ME

SppTZI3.png

Last edited:
Popular Mechanics also published this article with plans in their Do It Yourself Encyclopedia. I was into control line airplanes at the time, and it was this article that got me interested in RC boats!

Attachments

• PXL_20230502_133244372.jpg
    PXL_20230502_133244372.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230502_133144206.jpg
    PXL_20230502_133144206.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230502_133208479.jpg
    PXL_20230502_133208479.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Hi Guys, Two years ago, I built 3 White boats from scratch. Two of them were from the plans in the 1962 June issue of popular Machanics magazine. One of them was made using a new (50 year old O&R engine) and the other was with a modern engine. I also had a steerable strut and made a V-8 stack for it. The third boat was a White 60 which I made for electric power. I also had a steerable strut for it.
I fell and broke my back last year on Memorial weekend so I still have not used any of them. Hopefully, I will be able to test them this year. Thank you, Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Phil,
That would be awesome! Let me know what you would want to do that. I’m mainly looking for the structural stuff not the skins, I can figure that all stuff out.
Thanks,
Chris

I have a one in the back of my van.. (built) heading to the fire pit this week.. (true).. I just don't have room for it and it seems pointless to try to ship a boat like this,... so she will be sacrificed to the boat gods.

Grim

Phil,
That would be awesome! Let me know what you would want to do that. I’m mainly looking for the structural stuff not the skins, I can figure that all stuff out.
Thanks,
Chris
I will trace the parts onto paper. pm me your address. What are your plans for this? I wonder if this would work in a gas Tboat size? The design of the rear bottom has a drop down to make it a 4 point hydro, that not with the racing rules of today, not hard to mod that to a flat bottom.

I will trace the parts onto paper. pm me your address. What are your plans for this? I wonder if this would work in a gas Tboat size? The design of the rear bottom has a drop down to make it a 4 point hydro, that not with the racing rules of today, not hard to mod
that to a flat bottom.

I’m going to build it and find a 40 motor to put in it. Nothing to race just always wanted a kit to build. Don Wagner built one in the early 80’s and I’ve always wanted one since then.

I have one also and I ran it in the early 70's till the crapshooters came out. I'll send it to you if you pay shipping. When I ran it I used a strudder, but converted it to a solid drive and a rudder only but never ran it that way. I stripped the paint off the top deck and will send a pic if interested. As previously said cost to ship may not be worth it.

I made a mold for the White Heat 4-60 cowl. It is a bit rough as I was new to making molds when I made this. It is a two part mold because that darn fin is so hard to release. I can make fiberglass cowls for the White Heat 4-60.

Attachments

• WhiteHeatCowlMold.jpg
    WhiteHeatCowlMold.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 0
Back