Octura 3/16" square drive ferrels - In search of ( 3/16" squared cable to 3/16" stub

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called Lenny but no luck for my type setup.
He does however carry a square drive setup.

Mark,

I think I still have some as well. I Will have to look tomorrow
when I get home from work.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Timbo, I talked to Dave a few yrs ago. After a number of phone calls over 2 months. He was going to make them, then decided they were old school and wouldnt sell. I even offered to buy 20 that day before he made them, still no. Suprising is he still carries the 1/4" square ferrel.
I bought a new p Sport to build and have a few other boats to convert to dbl ended square drives.

Last edited:
Mark,
I dug deep. I have 3. Last of my stock. I think I have sold you some before. I am thinking 55 shipped.
Mike

Thanks Mike, These would be the first I bought from you but I will take them.
Pm me with payment details

Timbo, I talked to Dave a few yrs ago. After a number of phone calls over 2 months. He was going to make them, then decided they were old school and wouldnt sell. I even offered to buy 20 that day before he made them, still no. Suprising is he still carries the 1/4" square ferrel.
I bought a new p Sport to build and have a few other boats to convert to dbl ended square drives.
Mark, if all else fails, check with Offshore Electrics and Graves RC. Both places are well stocked with Octura components and specialty sourcing. Maybe you already know that.

Wasnt aware of graves rc. Will check into it. This gets my current boats covered. But would like a couple spares.
I was going to make my own but couldnt find a resonably priced rotary broach with an mt2 taper
Even chinese ones were $400

Wasnt aware of graves rc. Will check into it. This gets my current boats covered. But would like a couple spares.
I was going to make my own but couldnt find a resonably priced rotary broach with an mt2 taper
Even chinese ones were $400
Mark
I used to make a single point tool for a mill (locked the head) and would broach out round holes to square using the quill feed like drilling but without the spinning. I would only do one side at a time. Did many key ways that way, I think it would work for a square drive.
John

That I can probably do. I have a spin fixture I can set up for that. As long as it has 4 90 degree positions that. Kicking myself for not buying a lathe already

Back