Altamotive (Brent Byers) Wire Drives

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Hopefully an Admin can move this to the manufacturers section as I am not allowed to post there. Over the years I kept asking Brent for smaller 3/16" and .098" wire drives to suit smaller Nitro and FE boats. Earlier this year Brent asked for some help in making recommendations and I came up with a recommendation guide. I may not have the part numbers correct, but you can reach out to Brent and ask for the correct model.

Click on the PDF link at the bottom:

You can reach Brent here:

[email protected]
https://www.instagram.com/altamotive/

Brent is now making several additional sizes:

1/4" Stub shaft to .125" wire
1/4" stub shaft with 3/16" step down to .125" wire
3/16" stub shaft to .125" wire
3/16" stub shaft to .098" wire

SFD line up.jpg

Attachments

• Brent Byers SFD Application Guide 2022-05-18.pdf
    818 KB · Views: 9
Very nice since most of the stuff on OSE is for smaller boats. Too small for what I needed so I made my own. Good for other bolt together type boaters.
Mike

Hi there
I have been trying to get in contact with Brent byers.i have sent email him with no reply I would like to purchase a drive system from him any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Thankyou
Peter

Hi there
I have been trying to get in contact with Brent byers.i have sent email him with no reply I would like to purchase a drive system from him any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Thankyou
Peter
Hi Peter, I received your email and sent a couple replies several days ago. Maybe check your spam?.

Brent

I got my shafts a few weeks ago, they look like works of art thats for sure! Well done Brent, cannot wait to put them to work in my next SAW boats :)
Thanks Tyler for your help also

I got my shafts a few weeks ago, they look like works of art thats for sure! Well done Brent, cannot wait to put them to work in my next SAW boats :)
Thanks Tyler for your help also
Kris, are the wire drives ok for s bent stuffing tubes? Keen to see if they wold be ok for the JAE21 and the FE 4 and 6 cell outriggers.
Dave

Wire drives should be set up with a little amount of bend as possible. No hard corners. The bend should be over a large area in small increments.
My good friend GQ (Glenn Quarles) always said, you take the wire at both end and push it together. The natural bend of the wire is how to set it up. Trace it out and build the boat around that.
Mike

Back