OB Madness

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitch is right, partly, cause you can cut the TT PTO body to fit some engines. KB had the TT pto

in that Ofna Hyper 8 that he had mated to the TT lower.

The NovaSS might be a good choice and it could utilize the gear reduction of the TT.

Trouble is the 1.04:1 gear set is all that's available now,, the other gear set's are gone

unless someone, somewhere still has the others.

Still, it would be a much better powerhead than the TT and allot of other's.

It's helpful if the engine has the crank pin at least counter bored for some kind alternate

starting system, like pull start or rotor start,,etc

I just about went blind looking at "exploded views" of various car and inboard marine engines

trying to "grow" something off the end of their crankpins :lol:

For Carl and anybody else that's interested,,

Puttin' back up the "Quantum Models" Ph# (218) 543-5417

For new TT 21 OB's and they have all the TT Ob parts too.

For Carl and anybody else that's interested,,

Puttin' back up the "Quantum Models" Ph# (218) 543-5417

For new TT 21 OB's and they have all the TT Ob parts too.
I called Jim David at Quantum Models yesterday and talked to him about the Pro 21 O/B Thunder Tiger engines. Very nice guy. We plan to get a couple and see what all can be done with that lower unit.

We have some ideas but we need to finish all these projects we have now before we start anymore new ones. It will probably be this fall before we get to that.

Thanks for the number!

-Carl,

Mitch is right, partly, cause you can cut the TT PTO body to fit some engines. KB had the TT pto

in that Ofna Hyper 8 that he had mated to the TT lower.

The NovaSS might be a good choice and it could utilize the gear reduction of the TT.

Trouble is the 1.04:1 gear set is all that's available now,, the other gear set's are gone

unless someone, somewhere still has the others.

Still, it would be a much better powerhead than the TT and allot of other's.

It's helpful if the engine has the crank pin at least counter bored for some kind alternate

starting system, like pull start or rotor start,,etc

I just about went blind looking at "exploded views" of various car and inboard marine engines

trying to "grow" something off the end of their crankpins :lol:
After looking around and trying out the ol' thinking cap, what is the difference between the car on-road, off-road, and buggy engines and which would be better suited for marine use? The only difference that I have noticed is ports and rpms. Any car guys out there? lol.

~Mitch

Mitch,

Generally the buggy engines have lower timing #'s than the on-road and marine engines. Nothing that can't be fixed tho'!

Jerry,

Something arrived at my house yesterday for "the Bride"....... Thanks Dave! It will go in the post in the next day or two.

Tim.

Mitch,

Generally the buggy engines have lower timing #'s than the on-road and marine engines. Nothing that can't be fixed tho'!

Jerry,

Something arrived at my house yesterday for "the Bride"....... Thanks Dave! It will go in the post in the next day or two.

Tim.
That's Awesome News Tim :D

I haven't fergot 'bout the bubble volume thing on the 30, just got buried with plumbin' work fer awhile.

I was just wonderin' about Mitch's post,,the Ofna Hyper 8 that KB put on a TT lower,,is that a on-road timed engine?

He said his ran perdy strong,,,,I was thinking 'bout a statement You said one time I think Tim, concerning

The "SS" Nova 21 engine,, does the "SS" part mean, "short stroke"? And if so, how would that do with the

TT lower?? ( or did I blow another one of Your ideas? :ph34r: :lol: :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking 'bout a statement You said one time I think Tim, concerning

The "SS" Nova 21 engine,, does the "SS" part mean, "short stroke"? And if so, how would that do with the

TT lower?? ( or did I blow another one of Your ideas? :ph34r: :lol: :( )
Hi Jerry,

Yeah - the Novarossi short stroke / TT lower was something I thought about a while back. Why? Because it uses a 13mm diameter crankshaft and I was thinking of adapting the TT crank. The Long Stroke Nova's use a 14mm diameter crank.

However - Novarossi no longer make the short stroke engines, so parts will dry up. Also, I'm not sure if the gear reduction is worth the weight penalty compared to a Lawless.

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch, It's kinda risky buisness finding a donor engine for the TT lower.

My choices were the Ofna and OS line (buggy engines) with the pull start feature,

and all three I bought were adaptable.

There were some OS enines in the 21 size that looked doable but I was concerned

that they would be too mild, but like Tim was saying changes can be made to mod them

that may put them above the mod TT's I run.

Almost anything is possible if you have access to machine equipment or skilled folk with

the same.

Mitch, It's kinda risky buisness finding a donor engine for the TT lower.

My choices were the Ofna and OS line (buggy engines) with the pull start feature,

and all three I bought were adaptable.

There were some OS enines in the 21 size that looked doable but I was concerned

that they would be too mild, but like Tim was saying changes can be made to mod them

that may put them above the mod TT's I run.

Almost anything is possible if you have access to machine equipment or skilled folk with

the same.
I have access to the equipment and skilled folk too. Now it's just about making a decision and getting it done. Originally I had looked around for someone who could make reversed cranks and found the prices to be way up there. So now I'm kinda looking around and weighing my options. I'm hoping after the Atlanta Spring Nats I can start putting my ideas to use. You never know what you might see next. :ph34r: . lol

Any updates on the OS 30 or the geared A SAW boat?

~Mitch

Mitch, The OS 30 is waiting on the other components, boat, pipe, prop and such

to come together,,I think the post explaining that went away with the last site

problem we had.

Rods "gear drive" .12 OB went almost 48mph as I remember,, That is just amazing

for that little boat :D I just can't stop grinning when I think about that set-up.

That post was lost in the "back-up" restart thingy too, I believe.

Latest posts

Back