OB Madness

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the 1445 can be manipulated like the 1440's to kill off some of the lift? Any of the prop guru's tried modding the 1445 for O/B use?
Hi Tim, I got to run the TT/Lynx today and I'm really gettin' to like the reduced

640 and 642,,,thinkin' maybe the same treatment with the 645.(for the "Bride")

I have used the 1440's and thought they were great but I think I have a better

deal with the X "6" series and most of the tounges are still on'em.
Jerry if you remember awhile back I mentioned the cut down 642. It's a fast heat racing prop. Much faster than the 1440 and it will launch without shoving the nose under. It's what I will be hanging on the back of E.J.'s Lynx for the Spring Nats.
If you wouldn't mind, I would like to see the prop as well. I have a 642 that I tried to run on my Lynx but I had the problem of it wanting to shove the nose under. Just curious as to how you fixed that.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch, you will be able to see it first hand in Atlanta. Hopefully a rear view!
lol. Alright that works. I guess I could let you by in at least one heat to get a peek ;) .

~Mitch
You can find a photo of the 642 we have been running on E.J.'s Lynx here.

Mitch, it took us all year to get the boat set up and I cost him several opportunities to win his first race since he moved from the novice class. You might think a 14 year old would get discouraged but he never gave me the 1st bit of grief about it. I hope to make it up to him in Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Joe, One thing about a prop, you can turn that thing at any degree of any axis

and it will always look different,,,, so I guess we just wasted all that time to get that

pic to us,, :lol:

Don't look too complicated though,

I'll see what I can come up with :blink:

Jerry,

Piece of cake, :D How many are you looking for?

Thanks Joe,

Mark Sholund
Mark, I don't think I'll need your help on those but I am building that O.S.30 on the TT lower

that I want to use the X645 cut down to the 43mm area,,crop the tounges.

I need the pitch that they have but the diameter has to be brought down to an area where

the small TT flex shafts are going to live.

This is all just a big guess on my part,,so if your looking for something to do, there it is.

I'd say one at 43mm and one at 42,,, and remember the TT shaft is metric (smaller)

Jerry

And Man, I am really impressed with you guy's Tim and Dave. I didn't expect Tim to tackle

this pipe situation so fast,, your gunna make me hurry up on my end and I have to get a boat

ready for it.

I have been thinking of just " biting the bullet" and get the HTB boats 340,, it's obviously going

to take a longer boat than what I have for that engine.

Maybe the TS2 would handle it Ok,,,thoughts?

Too late, already took the bite,, 340 it is

Cool thred Jer ;)

I've kept up on tha reading and the Outboard is very inovative,

Nice work Dude!

And that'sa slick look'n little SAW rig thar too Rod, Thanks for posting the pics :D

Geeeez I said something nice about JW :eek: :p

Gener B)

Yeah Slidey,,I knew it was a sure thing if'n I cud get Rod to post,,just kept throwin' that big spinner

out there til i caught that whopper :p

If it wasn't for Rod sayin', "send'er on up", the Bride wooda never got that fer,,,

and it was KB that gave'r the name, Tim n Dave the pipe and maybe Mark the prop :lol:

Heck all I had to do was buy the dang thing :)

Jerry,

Maybe the propeller? I have something better. When will you need it?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

You Do Mark? Have something better? Man this has been a "Red Letter Day" I tell ya :D

What On Ert Could that Be,,,, don't like the 645 idea?,,,I can't wait to hear :)

Not in a Big hurry Mark,, inside a month maybe

1445 B/C :D

IT SHOULD BE "WICKED" ON THE OLDE BRIDE :D :D :D

Somehow I knew you were gonna say that,,

What kinda diameter would you think,,knowin' its runnin' a TT flex shaft?

Jerry, sounds like its all falling in place. Instead of the TS2, how about your 29" WOF?? the one I was drooling over on OBnuts page?? :D

Can't wait to see this baby rip

Tim, do you think you can share some info on the pipe, if its not a trade secret?

a Shaman??? that sort of combo should be outlawed!!!

Jerry, I think I need to come over and steal this from you man, it just sounds better and better all the time. Hope you can get some video of it running as well

I had no idea the Shaman was 31 1/2" long,,wasn't payin' attention I guess, bad habit I have.

I think it's going to be the perfect choice for the "Bride" but it is all unknown territory for me

at this point.

I have received an Unbelievable amount of help with this project , Thank You

First, Intlwaters! Without this site , not much of this would have been possible, and those

members that have contributed, You have really Humbled me,,it's really Exciting to see what's

happening.

I just hope I can hold up my end of the log and not waste all this, I'll do my Best :D

Thank's All!

I had no idea the Shaman was 31 1/2" long,,wasn't payin' attention I guess, bad habit I have.
I think it's going to be the perfect choice for the "Bride" but it is all unknown territory for me

at this point.

First, Intlwaters! Without this site , not much of this would have been possible, and those

members that have contributed, You have really Humbled me,,it's really Exciting to see what's

happening.

I just hope I can hold up my end of the log and not waste all this, I'll do my Best :D

Thank's All!
When Carl came out with the boat, I immediately started thinking of an Outlaw motor like the Nova Rossi. Getting the crank machined is really the only issue.

at this point.

happening.

Thank's All!
When Carl came out with the boat, I immediately started thinking of an Outlaw motor like the Nova Rossi. Getting the crank machined is really the only issue.
You wouldn't have to if you used the TT lower. All you really would have to do is get a pto made and get a pin to insert into the base of the crank.

~Mitch

Latest posts

Back