OB Madness

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kev!

"Bride Of Frankenstein" it is,, I like that :)

I have put a 1445 on there and everything looks good,,two problems with that,,

the added lift is going to require a larger boat than 30" and it's going to have to

be specially cut,,seems like alot of blade.

The 445 would be the better option all the way around,,but I think both props

will have to be reduced in dia somewhat for the engines sake.

Both props fit in there in they're stock form,, but I agree they're gunna have to

retain some pretty unusual pitch,,,from what I'm used to anyway.

It's gunna be Fun :D

Maybe the 1445 can be manipulated like the 1440's to kill off some of the lift? Any of the prop guru's tried modding the 1445 for O/B use?

Maybe the 1445 can be manipulated like the 1440's to kill off some of the lift? Any of the prop guru's tried modding the 1445 for O/B use?
Hi Tim, I got to run the TT/Lynx today and I'm really gettin' to like the reduced

640 and 642,,,thinkin' maybe the same treatment with the 645.(for the "Bride")

I have used the 1440's and thought they were great but I think I have a better

deal with the X "6" series and most of the tounges are still on'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jerry,

The full diameter X642 was my favourite on the TT21 for a long time (with gears). I must admit I never tried the X645.

My reference to the 1445 was for the Bride of Frankenstein B) B) That thing should have some serious torque on hand considering what it was designed for....... it will probably pull it at full diameter but the cav plate might get in the way! Reduced diameter ABC H4 or H7 could be a possibility too.

Hi Jerry,

The full diameter X642 was my favourite on the TT21 for a long time (with gears). I must admit I never tried the X645.

My reference to the 1445 was for the Bride of Frankenstein B) B) That thing should have some serious torque on hand considering what it was designed for....... it will probably pull it at full diameter but the cav plate might get in the way! Reduced diameter ABC H4 or H7 could be a possibility too.
Tim,

I was talking about using the 645 & 1445 on the "Bride" too,(not the TT) but at 46mm dia I think

the stock dia 1445 is a bit much, even for a 5cc OB motor.

It does fit in there, in all areas it needs to but I think 44mm would be better, like I said, for the

engines sake and the flex cable too.

Thats where I would start but only with the 645,,it has the same dia as the 1445 but I can do the cutting

on the former. The technique on cutting the 14 series I just don't have the skill yet. :(

I must confess that I don't have any experience with the ABC props.

Anybody have other thoughts?

You think that's sumthin', there's a member on this site that could go "All In" on this one, fer sure :eek:

He may show ya,,,,
From the GPRC "skunkwurks"

A "quick-change" gearbox for an assault on the "A" SAW record.

Rod,

What is the ratio of your gearbox? I have a completely different application that might benefit from a gearbox almost identical in design to yours, in a ratio of 3:1 or maybe 5:1. Would it be hard to adapt yours'?

Fred Howe

Jerry,

The 1445 will work with a 17* backcut. Try it you might like it,Bob did. :D :D :D

Good Luck Testing Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Rod,

What is the ratio of your gearbox? I have a completely different application that might benefit from a gearbox almost identical in design to yours, in a ratio of 3:1 or maybe 5:1. Would it be hard to adapt yours'?

Fred Howe

With a 3:1 or 5:1 ratio our gearbox will not even get close.

Jerry, any update on your testing? I haven't had a good nights sleep since you posted that picture. :(

Looking forward to hearing your results

Haven't got to the testing phase yet, still have to get a useable pipe which could take a while.

Not too many 5cc OB "J" pipes layin' around these day's.

Hi Tim, I got to run the TT/Lynx today and I'm really gettin' to like the reduced

Jerry if you remeber awhile back I mentioned the cut down 642. It's a fast heat racing prop. Much faster than the 1440 and it will launch without shoving the nose under. It's what I will be hanging on the back of E.J.'s Lynx for the Spring Nats.

I remember Joe, Haven't got it off my mind,, sure would like to have a look at it.

I remeber you saying that it didn't look like a 642 anymore,, mine are the same look,

( as stock ) just reduced to below 38mm.

I remember Joe, Haven't got it off my mind,, sure would like to have a look at it.I remeber you saying that it didn't look like a 642 anymore,, mine are the same look,

( as stock ) just reduced to below 38mm.
I'll try to get a shot of it soon.

Jerry if you remeber awhile back I mentioned the cut down 642. It's a fast heat racing prop. Much faster than the 1440 and it will launch without shoving the nose under. It's what I will be hanging on the back of E.J.'s Lynx for the Spring Nats.
If you wouldn't mind, I would like to see the prop as well. I have a 642 that I tried to run on my Lynx but I had the problem of it wanting to shove the nose under. Just curious as to how you fixed that.

Thanks,

Mitch

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to see the prop as well. I have a 642 that I tried to run on my Lynx but I had the problem of it wanting to shove the nose under. Just curious as to how you fixed that.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch, you will be able to see it first hand in Atlanta. Hopefully a rear view!

RE: the last post.........

As soon as I can free up some space I will post the photo of the gearboxed IMPBA "A" [.12CI-2.5CC] SAW boat rigged and ready to go.

It ships out today to Alabama to David Hall for testing and set-up for the SAW trials in Huntsville in April.

This is just a good start....more to come,which we will share with you later,from the GPRC "skunkwurks". ;)
David came down to our pond yesterday (Sunday) and ran the geared 12 tunnel. I am not going to give away the speed other than it was VERY sweet! That was a very clean setup and worked as good as it looked.

David was very happy with it and he should be. Very nice job David & Rod!

-Carl,

Now that last post has got me wondering what the speed was!!!! :blink:

Jerry, look for a pipe quick dude, I am dying to hear how the 5cc monster runs! What prop are you going to match it with ?

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch, you will be able to see it first hand in Atlanta. Hopefully a rear view!
lol. Alright that works. I guess I could let you by in at least one heat to get a peek ;) .

~Mitch

Back