NORTHERN LIGHTS OPEN - July 6 & 7

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys this event is on our door step can't wait to see all that are going.

let's all have a great time. :)

Fantastic turn out of NLMBC members today to help set up the race site at Fifty Point Conservation Area in Stoney Creek, Ontario. We are ready to race! Everything is set up and ready to go. This is one of the best race sites I have ever seen. Testing will be allowed Friday noon until 5:00 and racing starts Saturday at 9:00am sharp. You can still register at http://www.rcracingevents.com/ or e-mail Terry Keeley at [email protected] or just show up and register right at the pond. We will be accepting registration right up until Saturday morning for those last minute racers who want to come and play.

Thanks to Terry K, / Randy R. and the rest of the Northern Lights Club for the race this weekend. Despite the windy conditions over the weekend, the pond is sheltered enough to be raceable. We had a great time with old friends and meeting new ones. Looking forward to returning next year. Also, special thanks to Terry K. for helping us solve the mystery of Cindy's 20 mono performance.

T&C

Ditto. As a relative newbie to the rc boating hobby this was the first time attending a race event for me. I was in the St. Catharines area on Saturday and could only attend from 9:00 till 1:00. The level of committment of those hosting the event was certainly evident. The location was awesome as was the opportunity to meet and chat with some of the folks over the course of the morning. Thanks for the opportunity. Hope to attend with a couple of boating buddies next year. Our group of enthusiasts is slowly growing with about six guys who are making it to the river on a consistent basis.

Thanks to everyone that supported our race at our new home at Fifty Point Conservation this year and to the all the Sponsors for their very generious donations , please support them when ever you can.

Very proud to be a member of the NLMBC , not only did everyone step up to make this race happen but through out the weekend and right until the last thing was loaded we were all there.

Great group of dedicated people that I am fortunate to call my friends.

Tim

Very proud of our Northern Lights members and all their hard work hosting our 5th NL Open, considering that two months ago we didn't know if we would have a race this is quite an accomplishment.

It looks like we'll have a new home to host our event! The Fifty Point Conservation Area is a beautiful park, the water is the perfect size and very well sheltered. Yes, we had some issues with the ground being saturated from near record rainfall, our planned entry/exit point had a stream running through it. The good part is the park stepped right up and found us another way in and even though we torn up their grass they still want us back. They're already planning improvments for next year.

The campground was very clean and next year tent camping will be allowed for our group. Local hotels and restaurants (including the Landing restuarant on site) were also reported to be top notch.

Looking forward to next year! :)

Some random photos, look for a full article in the September IMPBA Roostertail.

Tboats.JPG

Rafflegirlz.JPG

Gilz2.JPG

Winner.JPG

Rudyb.jpg

s_2013_fleet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lot of guy came up from the state to race up there some of u canda guys should come down to break pond and race and see the pond it is only fair the pond is little small butt it race abowl

lot of guy came up from the state to race up there some of u canda guys should come down to break pond and race and see the pond it is only fair the pond is little small butt it race abowl

I would love to come down to Elmira at least once a year Chris but you need to find a bigger pond first .

Tim

I'm not gonna miss this one next year! I'm very happy that the park wants you back!

Latest posts

Back