Nitrotane fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxniner69

Has anyone tried Losi Nitrotane 30% in their boats ? It doesn't give an oil % on the bottle. It's the only fuel I can track down within a hundred miles of my house... Does anyone have any input on this?

Matt

Last year I called the factory and talked with the factory engineers about the Nitrotane fuel blend. I explained to him what we were doing with the boats and the fuels we traditionally use. They would not tell me exactly what the oil % was in the fuel but told me that the fuel is CAR fuel and it does not have anywhere close to the oil we use in boats - generally 15% or higher. I tried to pin him down closer to the number and I used 8-10% as a range and he coughed to acknowledge the approximate amount. That is the best I could get out of him as he could not SAY what it was. And the type of oil is greatly different as well.

I know of a club member that used it in a boat and in half a tank he cooked an engine. I would not use it for our boats as our engines costs too much $$$.

I also called the TRAXXAS factory and got the very same information. Buyer beware.

They have a sport blend and a race blend, right now I'm using the 20% sport blend, not sure of oil content but for break-in my engine is making gobs of smoke. Nitro is rather limited around here as well. What types of nitro would you guys reccomend for a stock Miss Vegas RTR?

Last year I called the factory and talked with the factory engineers about the Nitrotane fuel blend. I explained to him what we were doing with the boats and the fuels we traditionally use. They would not tell me exactly what the oil % was in the fuel but told me that the fuel is CAR fuel and it does not have anywhere close to the oil we use in boats - generally 15% or higher. I tried to pin him down closer to the number and I used 8-10% as a range and he coughed to acknowledge the approximate amount. That is the best I could get out of him as he could not SAY what it was. And the type of oil is greatly different as well.
I know of a club member that used it in a boat and in half a tank he cooked an engine. I would not use it for our boats as our engines costs too much $$$.

I also called the TRAXXAS factory and got the very same information. Buyer beware.
That is what I was afraid of John.I'm still waiting to hear back from Glenn @ Novarossi about getting fuel shipped to me. Thanks for the input guys.

Matt

Back