Nitro Winter Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great time thanks to all the people that put on this shindig good to see old friends and meet new ones hope to be back next year

Hey guys. Mike and I just finished unpacking and I wanted to make a quick post to thank all of the guys behind the Brandon and Tampa clubs that hosted this race. I wanted to send special thanks to John Otto, Marty Davis, Mike Culhane, James Shields, Rod Hendricks, and Greg Rowe for their hospitality and help in making sure we had a spot for the camper, and for their help getting us in and out of the site. It was very evident a LOT of work went into this race and I wanted to thank everyone for hosting such a nice event. It was a lot of fun to get away from the cold weather for a few days and come south to hang out with friends and race a few boats. I was happy to support this race and I am sure the other sponsors were as well. Mike, Marty, Rod, and the others in the tower made sure that all sponsors were announced and thanked for each class. The banner they posted as well as the sponsor signs around the pits were great. We are putting this race on our yearly list and would highly recommend that if you race nitro, you need to attend this race in the future.

This was the first race for the new Novarossi 91 DD engines. Thanks to Jerry Crowther, Mark Bullard, and Doc Turner as all three had the latest powerplant in their boats, and were easily amongst the fastest boats in their perspective classes. Their testing and feedback has already shown the 91 DD is competitive "out of the gate". The Novarossi winners I remember were Marty Davis, Mark Adams, Corey Duncan, Sam Bowden, and me in B Mod Tunnel. If I missed someone, please let me know. It was also great to meet our new International friends from Australia and Germany. Ian's 20 Hydro was insane in heat race setup powered by the Nova 21 DD.

Last, I want to send condolences and prayers to Doc Turner and his family. He and Mark packed up and left early Sunday morning after hearing about the loss of his father.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an Awesome race! The Clubs went all out with their efforts!

Despite the weather delay on Friday, racing finished early on Sunday. The water was great all weekend and the Temps were near perfect.

Many great running NITRO boats from the World over, and the Final heats were Spectacular. Congats to the Winners!

I had a great time visiting with old racing buddies and meeting new racing friends. Wish I could have arrived two days earlier so I could have spent more time with everyone.

Suggestions were made to run 4 qualifying rounds next year to give EVERYONE more racing time. 4 Q rounds would improve the level of competition in the Finals rounds also.

Looking forward to next year already!

Sooo , after about three hrs of farting around with a new picture video- I found the program Im working with tags it as a preview until I purchase it , yeah not so much. So here is a preview of what I will fix with my normal editor when I get a chance, keeping in mind the audio was just a loop as I hadnt gotten to that part yet . So any music choices you guys think fit it well are welcome sooner than later.Final trim will be in the 5 min range .

Click the link to open , enjoy......
default_cool.png

https://youtu.be/hWxt3EPsE4U

default_ph34r.png
What happen did Doc's new SST Twin broke front sponson?

Hey guys. Mike and I just finished unpacking and I wanted to make a quick post to thank all of the guys behind the Brandon and Tampa clubs that hosted this race. I wanted to send special thanks to John Otto, Marty Davis, Mike Culhane, James Shields, Rod Hendricks, and Greg Rowe for their hospitality and help in making sure we had a spot for the camper, and for their help getting us in and out of the site. It was very evident a LOT of work went into this race and I wanted to thank everyone for hosting such a nice event. It was a lot of fun to get away from the cold weather for a few days and come south to hang out with friends and race a few boats. I was happy to support this race and I am sure the other sponsors were as well. Mike, Marty, Rod, and the others in the tower made sure that all sponsors were announced and thanked for each class. The banner they posted as well as the sponsor signs around the pits were great. We are putting this race on our yearly list and would highly recommend that if you race nitro, you need to attend this race in the future.

This was the first race for the new Novarossi 91 DD engines. Thanks to Jerry Crowther, Mark Bullard, and Doc Turner as all three had the latest powerplant in their boats, and were easily amongst the fastest boats in their perspective classes. Their testing and feedback has already shown the 91 DD is competitive "out of the gate". The Novarossi winners I remember were Marty Davis, Mark Adams, Corey Duncan, Sam Bowden, and me in B Mod Tunnel. If I missed someone, please let me know. It was also great to meet our new International friends from Australia and Germany. Ian's 20 Hydro was insane in heat race setup powered by the Nova 21 DD.

Last, I want to send condolences and prayers to Doc Turner and his family. He and Mark packed up and left early Sunday morning after hearing about the loss of his father.
Yes , they left in a hurry . sorry Doc , sincere condolences for you and your family .

default_ph34r.png
Ouch. Had to have been pretty violent to tear it up that bad.
default_ph34r.png
Ouch. Had to have been pretty violent to tear it up that bad.
Most Twin wrecks wide open are ...well......severe !!
default_ohmy.png
default_blink.png
How many of Twin rggers destroy??? or Hardly see " Black" rigger dead on pond??

Thanks Tom. We had a military burial.

He received the Purple Heart, Bronstar and The SILVER STAR.

I was able to find the original LETTER from his commanding GENERAL describing why he was awarded the SILVER STAR.

He was part of the GREATEST GENERATION.

He always contended that he did not deserve it.

Thanks Tom. We had a military burial.

He received the Purple Heart, Bronstar and The SILVER STAR.

I was able to find the original LETTER from his commanding GENERAL describing why he was awarded the SILVER STAR.

He was part of the GREATEST GENERATION.

He always contended that he did not deserve it.
Sorry for your loss Doc. It is men like him why we have what we have today. I totally agree "GREATEST GENERATION"

Did anybody get any videos of the 21 class riggers running besides the one video that Ian posted? Marty how did you do with your new cougar against the field?---DAN---

Latest posts

Back