nitro content / oil blend

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigriggr

SGX MAC 67 (un-started new)

New to IntlWaters. There is alot of experience and helpful suggestions in these forums. That is why I'd like to hear some of your opinions and suggestions on choice of nitro. Especially the straight Synthetic vs blend theories. Want to run fast heats. On the edge, Not really..... I'm not running any Nats or anything. Appreciate hearing your hands on experience.

Bill

Well if you don't want to start off radical and i am assuming your boat is the hydro stated, i would start with 50% if you feel after a while you want to change go to 60%. anything more and big motors get picky

Now with that being said. There are A LOT of people that feel differently about the oils for the fuel. Me personally i run 60% with 14% synthetic and 2% castor. . on the 20 boats i use 70% with 13% and 1% castor.

If you want to make it easy call red max or find a hobby shop that can sell you fuel at a good price.. or if you club buy's fuel every year..

If you rather mix it yourself.. alot of guys use morgan oil for theres. and klotz.

hope i helped.

chris

I run a MAC 67 in an SG. I use 50% Nitro with 16% Klotz Super Techniplate Blend. Rigger is an awesome heat racer. You'll probably get suggestions to run higher nitro contents and lower oil percentage but the reason I run what I do is for ease of finding a good needle setting in all atmospheric conditions, to preserve my valuable MAC 67 and to finish ALL my heats.

Hope I Helped.

I run a MAC 67 in an SG. I use 50% Nitro with 16% Klotz Super Techniplate Blend. Rigger is an awesome heat racer. You'll probably get suggestions to run higher nitro contents and lower oil percentage but the reason I run what I do is for ease of finding a good needle setting in all atmospheric conditions, to preserve my valuable MAC 67 and to finish ALL my heats.

Hope I Helped.

Scott and Chris...

Very helpful, you both are at the 50% and 16% blend. I did speak with FHS, they recommend I break the engine in with castor blend then run straight synthetic. They also said higher nitro don't agree with castor, there's a fine line there. Spoke with Morgan aswell, the 50% sidewinder only has 12% Morgan blend but told me to add castor myself if I wanted to reach 16-17%. A long time nitro racer told me his thoughts and I respect everyones personal opinion, that any nitro percent over 45% will only marginally affect your bigger engines, smaller CC's is like Chris said a different issue.

I do like to hear the ease of finding that good fuel mixture. My local hobby tells me I put too much debate in whatever it is I'm trying to figure out. This rigger is a big step for me, just trying to dot all my i's and cross all my t's.

Thanks again guys,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody has a different view on this, I myself run 40% in my 40 and 90 riggers with 18% oil, run 60% in my 20 motors with 18% oil. Twins would usually run 25%. On the bigger motors I have not seen a big increase in power when going with a high nitro content. Some guy\'s like to run a lot less oil but the reason I run a minimum 18% is extended engine life. Some of my engines are 10 years old.

JJ

Excellent Jay,

Appreciate your opinion. It's cool to hear the help from all you guys. I'm not trying to start a major blend debate amongst everyone, just appreciate hearing some personal opinion's.

I'm pretty sure when this rigger hit's the water, I'll be seeking more of everyones advice.

Thanks again Jay

Bill

You're gonna Love It! :D
I mix my own fuel so that I am sure exactly what I run . 60 % nitro 18% synthetic oil I run this in 20 and 45's I run 18% oil to help my engines live longer.

Walt Barney

I mix my own fuel so that I am sure exactly what I run . 60 % nitro 18% synthetic oil I run this in 20 and 45's I run 18% oil to help my engines live longer.

Walt Barney
Walt could you please give a break down if i was to use 1000mls of fuel @ 60% nitro 18%oil

I use at the moment Klotz syn-200

Klotz bean oil

i.e

Nitro

syn oil

castor

meth

Thanks jason

I will probably be in the minority but our engines run pretty well and usually only break when we do something wrong with the needle or wear out the bearings.We run a lot when we get to the pond.

2 of us alone have used the better part of 12 gallons this summer and have had good luck with Wildcat 35 % nitro pro mix.

Good product good price and excellent people to deal with.

Most run much higher nitro but our engines seem to last well so far... ;)

http://www.wildcatfuels.com/fuel_promix.htm

Hope this helps.

Terry

Walt Barney
Walt could you please give a break down if i was to use 1000mls of fuel @ 60% nitro 18%oil

I use at the moment Klotz syn-200

Klotz bean oil

i.e

Nitro

syn oil

castor

meth

Thanks jason
Nitro- 600 ml

Synthetic oil 180 ml

or if you wish to add some Castor

Synthetic 160ml, Castor 20 ml

Methanol 200 ml

50% Nitro works good for me year round. Everytime I try 60% or more I see only a small increase in speed and the engine gets touchy and inconsistent. A predictable boat is a fun boat!

SGX MAC 67 (un-started new)
New to IntlWaters. There is alot of experience and helpful suggestions in these forums. That is why I'd like to hear some of your opinions and suggestions on choice of nitro. Especially the straight Synthetic vs blend theories. Want to run fast heats. On the edge, Not really..... I'm not running any Nats or anything. Appreciate hearing your hands on experience.

Bill
The REDMAX House 60 percent fuel with 16 percent synthetic oil. Then add 4oz of KL 100 klotz Oil per gallon. make s a Very Good Blend for several size engines... Easy on the brgs & fast fuel.

Just got back in town--Have the weekend off..... Yea man!!!!!!!

I'm thinking I'd rather scrub a little speed, and add good life. From what I'm reading there's plenty of speed to be had.

40%-50% nitro and 18%-20% blend, probabaly what, 5% castor?

What's the pros and cons of same nitro but 20% synthetic vs 20% blend (15%-5%). The synthetic is a heat reducer and the castor is a wear reducer?

Thanks guys, Appreciate all the post

Bill,

:p My 2 cents worth

15% Novarossi 1T3 premixed oil, 55% Nitro. Works for me

Back