Nitro Racing In Florida/ Nitro Series

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy, it will be either the weekend before or te weekend after. Just waiting on the clubs approvel from the county. It will be on rcrAcingevents soon.

David,

I see one tunnel boat,two classes. But weekend after 103 tunnels registered, FROM VIRGINIA, GEORGIA, S.C., AUSTRALIA!!!

don't blame racers........

You came to my race in march. Let me rephrase that. You showed up friday. Don't be so hard on your equipment, I watched you destroy everything you owned, on practice day. You got to save something to race with, or just take a hammer to everything then no worry.

Race turnouts are a reflection of the core group. I remember when there weren't three gas boats.Be proud that a core group can pull hundred plus in this economy, gas or nitro.

There are a lot of electrics that would love to see good numbers, someday it will happen. This one day race fell at the time where the points race date is closing in, I have run once since May, today. Ten year old boat, still gets it done.

Guess you need to build gas boats Dave. Or run the retrieve boat, three make a class, right?

Sarcasm, no extra charge.

Hi guys since Im starting to race again I feel I can add some input. The nitro only races should pull racers from further away so I think its a great idea. As far as when to have it, definitely the week after the winternats and we need to consistently do it year after year the week after so we can have the consistency the winternats has. Doing the all nitro race the following week every year will pull out of state/out of country racers to the nitro race who are attending the winternats and I believe they would love to race 2 weeks in a row on one trip to Florida. The combination should raise out of state attendance at both races since its really worth the trip to florida to race at 2 races. I also believe it must be the week after the Winternats since the 1st weekend of January is still families recovering from the Xmas holiday and New Years holiday. For my 2 cents I think the week after the Winternats would be perfect. It would be a January full of some great racing.

ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great fellows. Hope it is held at the Brandon pond, in my opinion it's the best pond we have going in all district 3.

Eric is having his race the weekend after the Wn's and if the norm follows, it will be largely attended by gas boats- I think the weekend after for an all nitro race in the same area is a wonderful idea.

Jeremy thanks I think this is a great idea, as I run both Nitro and Gas, and it is tough at best to stay on your game trying to run to different fuels and its a lot of work.

seperating the fuel class boats would make racing less stressful, and I would hope draw more boats.and face it some of the Florida clubs are Gas dominate.

So lets have some all Nitro races and some all gas races.

last comment seperating the gas or nitro only races should help the clubs banding together increases help and we all know there is never enough to score spotters retrieve boat operators,and clean up.

lets band together build the sport and stay strong

Greg Rowe

NAMBA 2366

Good news ! Great location! Support Nitro racing and plan on attending this race.

You know I here all this BS but when it comes time to register for a race where are the people typing on the key board.

We have a race in October in Orlando and not one nitro boat but mine.
default_sad.png

O thats right there is no room for them with all the gas boats.
default_rolleyes.gif
As you mentioned yourself David. 23 classes is part of the problem. The other part is that many Fla Nitro boaters are going to the Fall Nats two weeks before the Orlando race. Tough to do both.

I will add...Why are the Fla Nitro racers going to the Fall Nats? Because they are looking to race some different racers.
That and I just love the lake setup and the hospitality from Joe and the club . Awesome deal .

David,

I see one tunnel boat,two classes. But weekend after 103 tunnels registered, FROM VIRGINIA, GEORGIA, S.C., AUSTRALIA!!!

don't blame racers........

You came to my race in march. Let me rephrase that. You showed up friday. Don't be so hard on your equipment, I watched you destroy everything you owned, on practice day. You got to save something to race with, or just take a hammer to everything then no worry.

Race turnouts are a reflection of the core group. I remember when there weren't three gas boats.Be proud that a core group can pull hundred plus in this economy, gas or nitro.

There are a lot of electrics that would love to see good numbers, someday it will happen. This one day race fell at the time where the points race date is closing in, I have run once since May, today. Ten year old boat, still gets it done.

Guess you need to build gas boats Dave. Or run the retrieve boat, three make a class, right?

Sarcasm, no extra charge.
Hay Randy if you knew the whole story why I did not stay for the race may be you would not be such a horses ass!!!!!!But I don't air my personal problems on here!!!!!!!!!!!

Foot in mouth priceless.

Well it seams to me the lines have bin drawn here in FL.

You all have fun I'm done being stuck in the middle of this BS!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a life and this dose not seam to be any thing I want to be a part of any more.

The fun is gone just a political fight for who is in control of the toy boat world any more.

Who has the biggest race for bragging rights.

Gas verses nitro war with boat count as the prize.

Time for every one to close ranks and defend there toy of choice.

Ya you all have fun with that.

Later.................

No lines being made and no size contest being had, we are just trying something different to try and get more numbers for the nitro racing.

Please do not take anything personal David as this is and will not be what it's about.

I hope to race with you at one of the upcoming races as I have always enjoyed your company.

Jeremy

I know the intent you have is a good one.

Just some times good intent is mis trued by others.

I will be racing my boat as This is what I love doing.

Winning is not why I race but the enjoyment of spending time with good friends.

Heck if I don't tear the boat up I'm not going fast enough. LOL

GTFOOTWIACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, I am much more than a horses ass, for much longer than you will ever know. Twenty five years helping to foster model boating, donating countless hours for FREE. Offered my time last year to CD your race, but was replaced by a know it all with a say and spell lap counter system. Remember the infamous "do you want to come up here and do this" by some salesman from another galaxy, I think it was cali.And he bitched over the Mic about being paid two grand to do this.

Takes more than you got to wah wah wah me into a corner.

January nitro series has their CD.....

Come play. Ill be the guy behind you...

Back