Nitro Racing In Florida/ Nitro Series

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Come play. III be the guy behind you..."

Wonder why we got some one from the out side ??????????????????????

Foot in mouth priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David they have gotten someone before and paid them doesnt make since when you have people that are good at CD in the district

You wanted it from another position and paid for it to boot ????
default_wub.png

Jesus guys drama drama drama. It's toy boats guys. One of the reasons I sold 90% of my stuff, I won't ever participate in any races when I easily could have made 2-3 in Florida. this hobby is about having fun we don't get paid to race RC boats.

I'll stick to my dragster at least I can't hear no one b**ch while I'm having fun ;-) going down the track at over 170 MPH

Julian

Sure would be nice to to see you run with us in are new style series Julian. No drama here just anxious to race.

Why does a topic that is informative and inovative always have to have people who fight each other. Julian is correct that this should be fun and is not started to divide. Unless you mean to divide 25 classes at a District Race. That is just to many to be able to provide enough heats for everyone. With specialty races for nitro racers, we will start out having only 15 classes. That is still too many, but we want to offer all of them and see how many make. If some don't make, we will eliminate them. There is no guarantee that there is enough interest in Nitro Only races, but we want to see if there is. We have accumulated over 130 nitro email addresses (95% in Florida) so we do have a good base. We have started sending emails to keep everyone advised of our initial plans and will keep doing that.

We had an initial meeting this past Saturday to get the ball rolling, and plan to have another in the next week or so. The thing keeping us from announcing the date is the County. The Brandon Club has to get approval for a race date since the complex is also used for other functions. We should be able to finalize the date this week and post the entry on rcracingevents.com. Once that is done, we can develop the race date, format, helpers, etc and put the race on.

It is very important that we get good support from the nitro boaters for this initial effort. We should have mild weather and a great pond facility to host this race. Plan to enter early so that we can do our planning.

Jeremy started the idea with a race in August so this is a follow up to what he started. We will use some format similar to what he developed.

Lets get this event planned and look forward to having a great race in January.

There will be class sponsorships available, so if you are interested in sponsoring one or more, let us know.

PLEASE let's stop the fighting and all get on the same page.

Marty Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Marty.

LETS BURN SOME NITRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT EACH OTHER...........................................

Why does a topic that is informative and inovative always have to have people who fight each other. Julian is correct that this should be fun and is not started to divide. Unless you mean to divide 25 classes at a District Race. That is just to many to be able to provide enough heats for everyone. With specialty races for nitro racers, we will start out having only 15 classes. That is still too many, but we want to offer all of them and see how many make. If some don't make, we will eliminate them. There is no guarantee that there is enough interest in Nitro Only races, but we want to see if there is. We have accumulated over 130 nitro email addresses (95% in Florida) so we do have a good base. We have started sending emails to keep everyone advised of our initial plans and will keep doing that.

We had an initial meeting this past Saturday to get the ball rolling, and plan to have another in the next week or so. The thing keeping us from announcing the date is the County. The Brandon Club has to get approval for a race date since the complex is also used for other functions. We should be able to finalize the date this week and post the entry on rcracingevents.com. Once that is done, we can develop the race date, format, helpers, etc and put the race on.

It is very important that we get good support from the nitro boaters for this initial effort. We should have mild weather and a great pond facility to host this race. Plan to enter early so that we can do our planning.

Jeremy started the idea with a race in August so this is a follow up to what he started. We will use some format similar to what he developed.

Lets get this event planned and look forward to having a great race in January.

There will be class sponsorships available, so if you are interested in sponsoring one or more, let us know.

PLEASE let's stop the fighting and all get on the same page.

Marty Davis
Great news Marty and everyone! Let us when the entry form is posted! We'll be there!

Ya know what. Emailed Ross Nov.2013 and volunteered. He even emailed me back saying that was awesome. His deal was to do whatever the club's best interest was. Looked self-serving to everyone else. A CD must know how to run a race, and I have done complete days in tower at Winter Nationals off and on since 1999. Brought in individual with zero true directors experience, let the machine think it out. Two people press the button at the finish of lap six. How to decide winner.... asked who crossed the line first....

Stevie wonder contest director graduate.

Your mouth needs more than a foot. It needs a brain attached.

Sorry you feel that way Randy.

Time to move on with a good out look.

If you want to perpetuate bad feelings and discontent please do it in privet.

It serves no purpose on IW.

What kind of classes do you guys have in mind , Marty mentioned 15 - Can we get a feel for what they are J ?

Andy

I believe this might be the classs to start with

Correct me if I am wrong Marty.

A mono

B mono

C mono

F mono

A hydro

B hydro

C hydro

F hydro

20 stock tunnel

20 mod tunnel

40 tunnel

Scale

Sport 40

Single f

And twin

You got em covered and with everyone's support, it would be nice to see most all of them make .

Keep us posted and thank you guys for your efforts. Without re skimming the last four pages, did I read right that your looking at Brandon ??

Andy

Back