New NAMBA 2 Lap 20 Sport Hydro Record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
Jeff Barnhart, a sophmore at Gonzaga, had better luck than the Zags' basketball team today. Jeff lowered the NAMBA 2 Lap Record in Sport 20 Hydro with his Bruce Mooring Snake Sport 20 and a Nova Rossi 35 PLUS, Octura X440, and Torko 66%.

I didn't write down the new record, but I think it's now 28.4. Unfortunately, before Jeff had the opportunity to try to lower the record even more the wind made water conditions too rough.

Congrats to Jeff.

JD

Way to go Jeff. Hopefully you'll be there tomorrow and we can find out how fast JD's new boat is.

Jim Hagan

Correction: The motor was a Nova Rossi 7 port, the time was 28.56. I will be there tomorrow, just need to fix the cowl tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff did a great job driving and the boat is certainly good.

Too bad the wind came up, we were about to start throwing props at it. There's more there for sure. I guess that's why we keep coming back.

During that run he may 4 passes at the record. First 2 were 1/2 sec out. He started to drive it in better then he tied the record. The last one he was able to to get it. Nice job dude.

Thanks to everyone in District 8, I've learned an enormous amount from racing with this group the past few years and they are excellent boat racers.

Excellent Job, Jeff! That was fun to watch!!

New Electric Records weren't all that spectacular...

One was for M2-Mono (1S Lipo, open motor, the old 4-cell NiMH class, updated for Lipos and brushed motors)... old record was 54.xxx... new is 45.87 Seconds, but was set on laps 3 and 4 of an attempt. Laps 1 and 2 were around 42 seconds, but I flipped through the lights and didn't stop the clock, so ran two more laps on depleated batteries.

Other record was for the new P-Ltd Class... P-Ltd Offshore, using my Pro Boat Miss Geico Cat, outfitted with a Pro Boat Mystic 1800KV motor on 4S... Ended up with a 36.97seconds before the winds kicked up. I know there are a couple more seconds there, but had to settle on that with the weather kicking up.

Always a FUN time. We'll definitely be back!

Here are some pics.

A BIG THANKS to Kelly Gruol and Casey Day for setting the record 2 lap course in a rain/snow downpour. You can see them in a couple of the photos setting the course. There's a reason we were wearing heavy clothing and rain gear - it was cold and wet for the first couple of hours. Then the skies cleared and there was about a 3 hour window of really nice water conditions before the wind made conditions too rough.

The Miss Seattle belonging to Jim and Adam Putich really looked nice on the water. This boat definitely has the potential to lower the 2 lap record for 1/8 Scale Unlimited - a record Team Putich currently holds with a Miss Budweiser design.

Thanks for posting the photos, Darin.

JD

A BIG THANKS to Kelly Gruol and Casey Day for setting the record 2 lap course in a rain/snow downpour. Y
I'll second that! Those two looked as pale as they could when they came back to shore. Glad Kelly had the heater in his trailer. THANKS KELLY AND CASEY!!

Jeff broke my record! Can't think of a nicer young man to do it! He really put it together for a couple laps and that boat was singing! Boat and motor were the same as mine just a different prop. Congrats. Greg

Greg,

Sounds like he may need a 6 series propeller.

20% more pitch is the answer.

That time can come down even more.

Nice job fellas.

Mark Sholund

Mark I agree he was running a x440 and i was running a cupped X442. He definetly turning more rpm than me. I think we need something in between. Unfortunatly I sold my boat but another is in the works. Greg

Mark I agree he was running a x440 and i was running a cupped X442. He definetly turning more rpm than me. I think we need something in between. Unfortunatly I sold my boat but another is in the works. Greg
I ran the 442 on it the morning after record trials and wished I had put that on the day before. I have some others I will try this summer as well and go at it again if I can make it back from school for a weekend in November.

Jeff,

An H-4 or a 45x66 may be what you need next.

If you haven't tried an X-640 or X-642 they would be two other

good suggestions if you have a strong motor.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

Back