New Mod VP . . . COMING SOON !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprfrk440

Some of you might have seen this hull on the live feed from the Winter Nats. My cousin Chris will be making these hulls, and many more.

We still have some testing to do to make sure of the handling but the speed so far is great with a stock OS. I hope testing will be done soon and we can get this boat out in competition. Look for a few at the WTC.

Chris can make it out of just about any material you want, carbon fiber, bagged, etc.

There is a video on the front page of our site with Me and Chris talking about the hull from the Winter Nats. We are very excited about releasing this hull, can't wait.

. . . . . . and yes Julian, you will get number one carbon fiber :D

Doug

www.metimeliverc.com

IMG_0884 copy.jpgIMG_0890copy.jpgIMG_0889copy.jpgIMG_0887copy.jpgIMG_0885copy.jpgIMG_0888copy.jpg

Chris does really nice work and yep it's a STV Euro clone. Hope hell get one ready for the STORM race in two weeks. Like to see what it will do on the course. I talked with him in Orlando and on the phone since and he's working on one with a deeper center pod to make the MOD-VP rules. So far OMC,Vision and a couple HTV's signed up for the race.

Mic

I was discussing this hull with a friend this morning, and we both discussed if since it has pickle forks in the front, if it would even be legal in modVP, as they are suppose to look like a mono from the top side. Does anyone have the exact rules for this class that can share their opinion? Mike

This is not a nationally recognised class just a regional one hoping to grow. Mark Poole can provide the "official rules" but basically following full size Mod-VP hulls that are both pointed and pickle fork designs. The center V or pod on a tunnel have to be a minimum of 1 inch wide and 1/8 deeper than a line drawn across the rear sponsons. We have talked about allowing straight vees (monos) into the mix to help build the class. Has been no real break out design that dominates yet. Just fun racin and room for inovation.

Mic

Here are the Mod-VP rules as written by Mark. Its what we go by at the World Tunnel Championships.

~ James

Mod_v-p.pdf

Attachments

• Mod_v-p.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Some of you might have seen this hull on the live feed from the Winter Nats. My cousin Chris will be making these hulls, and many more.

We still have some testing to do to make sure of the handling but the speed so far is great with a stock OS. I hope testing will be done soon and we can get this boat out in competition. Look for a few at the WTC.

Chris can make it out of just about any material you want, carbon fiber, bagged, etc.

There is a video on the front page of our site with Me and Chris talking about the hull from the Winter Nats. We are very excited about releasing this hull, can't wait.

Doug

www.metimeliverc.com

View attachment 18004View attachment 18009View attachment 18008View attachment 18006View attachment 18005View attachment 18007
Very NICE, that is a good looking boat. I think this just might get me into Mod-VP.............I WANT one. What is your web site address so i can stay up to date with the development.

Terry

Bermuda

Please pay attention to the rules of the class posted by James. The center bottom sponson MUST be deeper that the two outside sponsons. If it does not meet the class hull specs, it will not be permitted to run in the tunnel champs race. The OMC, HTV and Junker versions all meet the specs.

Doug and I had some e mail conversations about the boat quite a while back. I made him aware of the hull rules in these exchanges. The rules are technical but not complicated. The minimum requirements of the center ride surface are mainly what seperates a Mod-VP from a true tunnel. It is important that the center ride surface is a main ride area, not just a "pod" in the tunnel. I would like to see the boat participate, the more the better!

Doug

www.metimeliverc.com

View attachment 18004View attachment 18009View attachment 18008View attachment 18006View attachment 18005View attachment 18007
Very NICE, that is a good looking boat. I think this just might get me into Mod-VP.............I WANT one. What is your web site address so i can stay up to date with the development.

Terry

Bermuda
Terry, not enought room to mount twins on the back :D

It should be available in a few weeks, www.metimeliverc.com

Chris has a copy of the rules for Mod-VP, the first hull that was created did not pass these rules. Modifications have been made and it now will pass these set of rules, and if it doesn't, Mic I'm sure will let him know.

No entries have been sent in to WTC yet because it is not completely finished, but plan to have at least 4 entered for 2010 :ph34r: .

you tube link:

I had a phone conversation with Chris a few weeks back and we hope to at some point get together on a pond for some testing and sharing ideas. He is very knowledgable on composits and general marine dynamics. He will be an asset to model boaters as he learns our applications and he can teach us all some things about molds and making really scale looking hulls. I hope he would bring one to the Brandon pond so we could see it run. and if he wants to register one we will find a qualified driver to shoe it if joining NAMBA right now is an issue. I am sure Randy or Jay could give it a fair run with minimal setup time. Either one of them would be happy to take a shot at me or Poole. Don't forget the newest Vision will be there also. WTC Mod-Vps are heating up.

Mic

Hey Mic,

I believe both Chris and Andy are planning to join the Brandon Club, not far from them. So yeah, as soon as they are comfortable with the hull you will see it at Brandon pond.

and you are correct, Chris has been in boats since knee high to a grasshopper and flat out loves any boats, now that we have him addicted to RCs, he's toast and ours forever :D

Doug

Doug and I had some e mail conversations about the boat quite a while back. I made him aware of the hull rules in these exchanges. The rules are technical but not complicated. The minimum requirements of the center ride surface are mainly what seperates a Mod-VP from a true tunnel. It is important that the center ride surface is a main ride area, not just a "pod" in the tunnel. I would like to see the boat participate, the more the better!
Something like this ...
biggrin.gif

2qk16cj.jpg

2wrn4bb.jpg

Latest posts

Back