New member - first post! laser cutting services available!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Koch

Good Evening fellow board members!

My name is Bob and this is my first post. I am new to the hobby and think I could contribute many things with my mad set of skills.

I have joined the local club and have a 1/8 scale in the works. 99% of the club runs riggers and maybe the next thing will be a boat to run with the boys on the weekends. I have been lurking for a spell making sure I don't say the wrong thing and also make sure I don't just start posting offensive stuff.

So here it goes....

I own my own laser cutter. 1200x900 and plenty of power to burn through anything these boats are built from. I would like to offer my services and even help develop other ideas or prototypes. I will have a website up shortly with limited items but in the future this will grow. Mainly cutting services with your files or plans for now. I can work out almost any option or scenerio with your plans or cad files. propietary, file share, free plans... you get the picture. I will never take your personal plan and sell it to another out of simple integrity but if you send me a free web posted plan then expect that to be what it is. Make changes to it...it is now yours!

So, I will soon be posting pics of my first kit. The T4 Miss Bud. The plans were from Newton Marine and they got to where I am today but the engineer side of me took over and the ability to build this kit and still keep strength and weight in proportions... look for that thread very soon!

With that said, let the good will comments begin...or constructive critisism... I am thick skinned :) but certainly looking forward to an early spring making rooster tails!

bob

Welcome Aboard, Mr Koch

Tim

My name is Bob and this is my first post. I am new to the hobby and think I could contribute many things with my mad set of skills.

I have joined the local club and have a 1/8 scale in the works. 99% of the club runs riggers and maybe the next thing will be a boat to run with the boys on the weekends. I have been lurking for a spell making sure I don't say the wrong thing and also make sure I don't just start posting offensive stuff.

So here it goes....

I own my own laser cutter. 1200x900 and plenty of power to burn through anything these boats are built from. I would like to offer my services and even help develop other ideas or prototypes. I will have a website up shortly with limited items but in the future this will grow. Mainly cutting services with your files or plans for now. I can work out almost any option or scenerio with your plans or cad files. propietary, file share, free plans... you get the picture. I will never take your personal plan and sell it to another out of simple integrity but if you send me a free web posted plan then expect that to be what it is. Make changes to it...it is now yours!

So, I will soon be posting pics of my first kit. The T4 Miss Bud. The plans were from Newton Marine and they got to where I am today but the engineer side of me took over and the ability to build this kit and still keep strength and weight in proportions... look for that thread very soon!

With that said, let the good will comments begin...or constructive critisism... I am thick skinned :) but certainly looking forward to an early spring making rooster tails!

bob

And again WELCOME ABOARD

Just out of curiosity, what part of the country are you in? I'm sure some of the builders in your general area would like to know about someone to do lazer cutting for them ;)

Bob is a brand new member of the Charleston Model Boaters. I have had some conversations with him regarding some work for me.

The CMB club runs a lot of tunnels, gas, and nitro riggers among our members. The scale, Sport 40's and nitro mono classes are few, if any at the moment. Hope that will change in the near future.

I will be looking to you for a quote on cutting .45 rigger kits within a few weeks.

Thanks

So here it goes....

bob

welcome to the site sir... i think you will enjoy it... laser cutting is a great way to support this hobby,,so many people making thier own kits...nice to have you here....

alden

I will be looking to you for a quote on cutting .45 rigger kits within a few weeks.

Thanks

So here it goes....

bob
Looking forward to the oportunity to work with you! I know there is an expected margin on your end so when your ready call me and we can work out details. I would rather make 10 bucks 1000 times as compared to 1000 dollars once. Dont get excited about either of those numbers...I won't be close to either of them :) but I am looking to get this machine cutting.

I have cut 3/4 pine but it was very ugly.... the thinner stuff from 1/4 and thinner goes like butter. feeds and speeds are adjustable to reduce profile burn but we all know lasers tend to keep that trait with the cut. I also mask the wood to keep the glue / sap from scoring the face of the boards.... it really doesn't mean anything structually but it looks better so I do it. I will have my T4 frame completed this weekend and put together. no skins yet but I have some time off pretty soon so certainly by the end of the year the kit will be finished. I know my price will set the standard. I hope many like it, I put a lot of work into it and I feel it is the best hydro ever built by Bernnie. ...**** sea wall!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished up the CAD portion of the JAE 45 so that will be ready soon. My bundle of wood shows up Chrstmas eve... how appropriet. I got some time off this holiday so I will have a few pics to show off of the final T4 Bud design as well a few rigger kits I will have available. I am going to also work out the 91/101 cut paths tonight.

moving forward!

I am going to move the Miss Bud T4 portion of this to the Scale forums for my build on the kit I am making - Thanks everyone!

Bobk.

Back