New Kid "Sport 20" on the Block "UPDATE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbudpilot55

Hey Gang,

Went to visit with Bob Wilson of Accurate Racing of Baton Rouge this evening to check out his new Sport 20 hydro that he is almost ready to release. All I can say is I am impressed, it's like a shrunk down version of the PI Gas Sport Hydro.

Had a nickle tour of his manufacturing facility, and I can tell you this, that he runs a top notch boat manufacturing plant, all 10,000 sq ft of it and he is adding new features in the coming weeks. I saw more Speedmaster hardware than I have ever seen in my whole model boating career, hundreds of struts, rudders, tuned pipe brackets, ect, ect, one of Bill's best customers I would guess!!!!!!!!!

Now for the best part, boats, boats & more boats, a gas boaters paradise.

Glad I left the credit card & checkbook at home, LOL.

Here's a glimpse of the sport 20: ;)

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...10084&pos=-2282

[SIZE=14pt]Boat is 27" Long[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way Bob informed me a sport 40 is in the R&D stage at this time as well, didn't get to see it yet, still under wraps. He said the Sport 20 would probably sell as a complete package including Speedmaster hardware for around the $250, but wasn't exactly sure of the pricing at our meeting & tour last night.

Interested give him a call 225-756-3200 or e-mail: [email protected]

Hey guys anyone going to the Slidell race I will have a Accurate Racing Sport 20 to show, Bob Wilson won't be there but has agreed to have one availalbe for me to show.

If any of you guys get to see the boat at the race and have a digital camera can you get some pictures of the inside of the boat as well as the fit of the cowling.

Thanks,

Big Daddy

If any of you guys get to see the boat at the race and have a digital camera can you get some pictures of the inside of the boat as well as the fit of the cowling.
Thanks,

Big Daddy

90516[/snapback]

I'll look for it and get all kind of pic's fer ya.......

[SIZE=14pt]Up Date, Up Date:::::::::[/SIZE]

The boat I had with me was the electric version (24") and was supposed to be the nitro version (27"), a slight mix up when I picked the boat up.

Spoke with Bob Wilson this afternoon and the modifications are in the works as of today, the deck is being modified, for ease of getting to the strut for mounting & adjustment, the boat is going to be 27 7/8" - 28" long. The turn fin will come with a bracket for mounting. Set up intructions will be complete and easy to follow.

R & D is going to be done by a very reputable "Nitro Guru", sworn to secretcy on whom it is going to be!!!!!!

OK I saw that bulkhead where the motor would go that is for the electric mount i guess?

Try to get a sport20 finished and running we may be able to make it to Jackson Tn. in June they will race sport 20 if anyone is interested.

Phil

[SIZE=14pt]OK Phill it looks like the dual of the sport 20's is on for the Internats, there will be several of the Accurate Racing Sport 20's at the event.[/SIZE]

To everyone else that has been waiting for news of the modifications to the deck & cowl, I spoke with Bob Wilson today the new plugs are ready for the lay up of the molds, and the first boats should be laid up sometime next week. Bob has also informed me that a piece of aluminum is being glassed into the rear of the right sponson so that to mount the turn fin, a customer only has to drill & tap holes to hold the T/F mount in place. A lot easier than trying to put t-nuts in place!!!!!!

I'll keep everyone informed as to the happenings next week when the first new boats come out of the molds. Will try to post updated pictures as well.

OK Phill it looks like the dual of the sport 20's is on for the Internats, there will be several of the Accurate Racing Sport 20's at the event.

OK hope they get them running.

They will have to beat the boys from dist 4 that have been running thier dumas 21 boats for a few seasons, 1st and 2nd last year. Should be an interesting Deul there are seveal different sport20 boats showing up.

B) hey missbud what are the dementions of this hull L/W also what are the part numbers of the speedmaster hardware, also what type of engine mount is recommended and will you post more pictures of the ni

tro version?

thanks

norm j

norm j said:
B) hey missbud what are the dementions of this hull L/W also what are the part numbers of the speedmaster hardware, also what type of engine mount is recommended and will you post more pictures of the nitro version?

thanks

norm j

94318[/snapback]

Hi Norm,

I am awaiting a call from Bob @ Accurate Racing for the modifications to be finished with the deck & cowl. Once I get the call I will post updated pictures of the hull and take measurements. Better yet, give Bob a call (225-756-3200) between 7 AM & 4 PM Central and ask him for dimensions & speedmaster hardware numbers, the turn fin is his own design.

I do know that the length is going to be close to 27 7/8". Send me a e-mail & I will send you the pictures of the one I had at the Slidell race I have close-ups of the engine bay without the cowl.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Talked to bob on the ph. yesterday, Got my sport 20 ordered, Real nice guy, I think the sport 20 class is fixin to explode :D . By the way he told me he would be at the 2005 internats in jackson this year. Hope to see a lot of sport 20"s THERE.

Tom.

They will have to beat the boys from dist 4 that have been running thier dumas 21 boats for a few seasons, 1st and 2nd last year. Should be an interesting Deul there are seveal different sport20 boats showing up.

93065[/snapback]

I also have a new Sport 20 hull RTR for 2005

I would like to thank

Mark Anderson

Rod Geraghty

Tommy Lee

Lucky me im just the painter, setup dude and driver of the boat.. Pictures soon.

grimracer

Grim, Don't tell Ken he has a Dumas kit, he might get upset. I made a new cowl for mine, seems like it will hold the water on the straights. I'll probably have to learn to drive the corners now. :eek: :eek:

Jerry you are going to have to hold the corners tight or I am going to pass you on the inside. :lol: :lol: B) KEN

Grimracer said:

93065[/snapback]

I also have a new Sport 20 hull RTR for 2005

I would like to thank

Mark Anderson

Rod Geraghty

Tommy Lee

Lucky me im just the painter, setup dude and driver of the boat.. Pictures soon.

grimracer

95276[/snapback]

can I have one of those "pro built" :)

Tom

So which boat did you end up with? Is this Mark's old 20 boat he ran back in the mid 90's?

Mike

Mike Hughes said:
Tom So which boat did you end up with? Is this Mark's old 20 boat he ran back in the mid 90's?

Mike

95401[/snapback]

i dont have a sport20 yet..... was hoping i could get a copy of mike's :)

Back