NEW JAE FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hugh with the nano 5.0 A I guess we can run about 2 minutes so for a 2 lap race or saw its fine.Yes at the end of each test we checked out the voltage and % so it was ok for this purpose.For the tests we put a small fin just to keep the boat driveable and we expect higher speeds with no fin in a bigger lake.....well for a nitro guy this first fe experience was a blast Gill

any updates Gil? Went to your site. You have a nice shop my friend. A really nice page too. Did you design the page?

Hi Hugh...waiting for some props from Mark Sholund for more tests .Thanks for the nice words and yes it is a pleasure work on my shop that took me years to be ready.The page was done by my son that is a web designer and the platform is called the Worpress ...neat,clean and very easy to deal with it. Gill

Last edited by a moderator:
Gill re turn fin & cg position, i know your using the 60/40 cg. Where is the cg in relation to the turn fin, ie at the rear edge of the fin or 1" behind etc. Thanks Martin.

Gill would that be centre of the fin at the top, bottom or at the waterline, also how close do you get to 60/40. Is their room for leeway on the 60/40. Thanks Martin.

Martin at the waterline.It's hard to say how much close I got...maybe 90% .... but with my set up the boat is well balanced in all level of speeds.Could you please explain what leeway is...I'm not really familiar with certain terms? Gill

Gill as a rule of thumb do you have the cg on the fin centre on most off your riggers or does it vary. Thanks Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin it vary a lot cause most of my riggers are SG/SGX or scratch built but I usually consider a good location 1" forward or back to the centre of the fin.For the Jae series seems that the CG is also in this area too.If you follow my Jae Fe building and use the same parts you won't go wrong..Honestly I built this boat following the plans with very few mods and all tests were amazing showing that the Jae team invested lot of efforts to produce a great contender with no secrets.With the extra power of my boat I was afraid about its handling but you could verify by yourself on the video that she runs on rails,is absolutey predictable during acceleration and makes sharp turns when necessary so a great project that inspires me to build another one.Let me know your progress and a new video will be posted soon.Gill

Yesterday was at the lake testing the datalogger gps from H.K.. Very nice small device that runs directly on the receiver and records lot of things ...in my case the top speed is what I 'm looking for and compared with the big Etrex I can say there's no difference in numbers.Gill

I was thinking to build another Jae Fe but decided to improve this one with some mods to run on 8S....pics soon. Gill

Gil Ive see one modded with the skis on the outside like traditional riggers with the drive shaft out in the open; Thats fully adjustable.

he has the water pickups in the skis too.A 'trick" JAE.

Hugh

Last edited:
Hugh I see what you said but the stock Jae Fe is an amazing project so I will keep it just like she ran in my previous tests adding another 2S 5.0 A in serie with the 6S 5.0 A .I removed the front upper deck that I had closed to accomodate the new batt and reinforced the complete interior with 2 laywers of 1oz fiber cloth.The width between sponsons was narrowed in 2" and the fin removed........let's see if I can get what I'm looking for with the new props and new esc(130A HV)! Gill

Gill is that the HW Seaking 130hv esc your going to use or something else, be sure to post a vid of the new setup. Good luck with your project& hope you can break the 100mph. Martin.

Hi Martin yes it is.I will post for sure and just waiting on props to get wet! How is your progress? Gill

Gill will this esc be better than the t180 as its only 130a continuous & burst 180a, not sure what difference the HV makes on these though over the 180a do you know at all. If your looking to push a bit further in future OSE, Offshore Electrics have a custom wound Leopard 4082 - 2200kv which is also a y wind motor. I dont know if you are aware but their are boat specific Leopard motors that are different inside the motor & they have slotted end caps for better cooling. The internal changes are only on the 40 series motors, all the other series motors ie 28 series,36, & 56 are all the same inside with no boat specific motor. All the 40series boat motor have more magnets than the car motors (car versions have the wires coming out of the side of the can at 90 degrees & solid end caps. The motors with more magnets are said to give more torque. This info was given to me by Leopard factory tech department when i spoke to them. Im still deciding what Leopard motor to go with for mine. Martin.

Martin the T180 is built to work on 6S and the 130 HV can handle till 12S..Great info and will dug a little more on this.The only change I did on my Leo was substitute the ball bearings for ceramic ones as it is known the original's aren't good.I will need to make more tests with this combo but for awhile everything came true.I'm still waiting a german stuff that is coming with my son from Swiss to start the building of a serious contender: a GRX carbon rigger equipped with a big block Lehrner..If you are in doubt about what motor to choose from I would like to tell you that I'm quite impressed with the 4074(2200kv) mounted on the Jae Fe....my brother has one running on 6S in the low/mid 80's.Gill

Back