NEW JAE FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gil sonsino

Jae Fe with few mods

features:

motor Leopard 4282 with custom water jacket

esc turnigy 180A

bat nanotech 6S 45c

props to be tested Octura 1655 cup 4,3 1460 cup 4,3

custom cowling

custom flexcollet

rudder with bushed pivot and milled for a perfect sharpening.

stainless steel water pick up

Hope you enjoy and will post video after her first voyage next saturday.

Thanks

Gill

Wow you stuffed a 6S inot a JAE 21FE hull! I bet that was a tight fit. I'm thinking the 1655 and 1460 are too big for a 6s. what is the Kv on your motor? 1650 sounds more like it. Recall your limited to 180A on the ESC.

Paul

Hi Paul yes a very tight fit but with the cowl everything is in place.The motor is a 2000kv and 3500watts and I've ran these props on another jae with same esc and any issue...let's see what happens..

Thanks

Gill

Looks VERY tight indeed! I'm sticking to my story and 6S with a 1655 is going over 180A (assuming the battery can SUPPLY more current) and I predict a rather hot JAE. Just saying is all. I have been running a 6S JAE style and run up in the 200+ amp range on a 1650 prop, but I have a Neu motor and it does not even get warm. The batteries are warm if I do 2-3 laps, and rather hot if I do 6 laps. I do have some experience with "hot" setups in FE... ;-(

Paul

Paul I forgot to mention that this is not a race boat .....just to have some fun and make some good straights.Anyway I appreciate your data and will consider it when build a real heat race rigger.

Thanks

Gill

Gil no problem and good luck with the new JAE. Just a small side note maybe slap on a smaller prop for that first run, take her out for about 1 lap and bring her back to the dock and open her up to see if things are getting warm or not. Just FYI and COULD save you some of that magic smoke...

Paul

Paul I will do this and let you know how she performed.I've seen lot of smoke on my club and it's always time to learn something new as I'm a nitro guy.

Thanks for your help.

Gill

Thanks guys .Ray I will put tie wraps for sure as I have seen some floods in another Jae's.I'm not so confident to get those speeds but let's see how I can deal the trigger. And the winglets are definitely a SGX influence and they can contribute to keep the rear down at high speed.Tomorrow I will have the first test and video.

Gill

Well went to the pond near my house for a first test and what can I say is that everything came true.Motor ran great with X450 , good speed despite small pond, temps around 45C in motor esc and bat so let's see how she will perform next week in the big lake with more props.Gill

Gill you must be pleased with that for first time out on a small lake, that has got serious potential on a larger lake. FE rules.Martin.

Martin you're right...I'm very pleased with this first experience with a FE rigger and I'm looking forward to see that serious potential next week.I will post a new video soon.

Thanks

Gill

Hi Ray..unfortunetely we only have this small lake ten minutes away from our house,so it's good for some tests before hit the road to the big lake ...next week believe me I will be really nervous. :) Thanks Gill

Back