NEW JAE FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Fredrik you won't be disappointed ! This is my first FE boat and for its low budget the performance is impressive.Next video soon!

Gill

No Martin.... 2200kv will be ok on 6s..this is the set up of a previous boat I built for a friend and it is also very fast....I used the Leopard 4074 turning a X448..

Gill.

The 4082 is also a good option too as you can use it with a stock waterjacket ..in fact it was my personal choice but as it was in backorder I stuck to the 4282..Gill

p.s with the 4282 I had to make mods to the Zipp motormount that is designed for motors untill 40mm diam.

Gill do you use teflon liners in the stuffing tubes on your boats or have you had bad experiences with teflon. Thanks Martin.

No teflon in my stuffing boxes for years.Actually I've never had any issue with teflon but it s well known that they produce drag and loss of power.Gill

Yes ive often thought theirs more drag with teflon, nothing scientific other than spinning with fingers a piece of flex in a curved teflon liner then doing the same in the brass tube. It spins more freely in the brass but seems to drag more in teflon. Martin.

Almost anything above 4s and the Teflon will ball up and destroy the drive line at 30,000 rpm and 5000 watts.

I have seen it happen multible time on the high powered setups.

We are working with lot of props for our big lake test in a few days so for the experts Fe guys what do you recommend for this set up? Thanks

Gill

Gill what is the best way to do the holes in the tub sides for the motor mount as your working from inside the tub ie marking & drilling in the correct position. Thanks Martin.

Martin after you have the motor ,stuffing box,strut and flexshaft aligned make marks from the inside of the holes with a piece of steel or whatever and then use a right angle mounted on a dremel to do the holes....IMO the best way to do that! Gill

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin I'm using a Turnigy digital 958 MG BB 15kg of torque...great servo for a great value at HKing.

Gill did you use the stock bullet conectors that came on the motor ( 5.5mm i believe ) & the stock ones that came on the Nano Techs also 5.5mm. Thanks Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back