NEW IMPBA INTER NATS HOST

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Sheren

Staff member

We have a new host for the 2009 IMPBA Internats.

Performance Model Boat Club

Seville Ohio

The IMPBA Board would like to thank Mike Laing and the entire PMBC club for stepping up and taking this on.

Thank you,

Kevin Sheren

IMPBA President

To IMPBA Racers,

Due to what has happened this year, we as members of the IMPBA, stand a chance of the biggest race of the year not happening. This e-mail is not to talk about the past but to look at the future. After hearing of the cancellation, I pulled my membership together, talked with our lake owner, and the bottom line is Performance Model Boat Club, in Seville, Ohio will host the 2009 IMPBA Regatta, if you the members want to race. Most of you know our site setup from the 2007 Regatta, and If we work hard over the next four weeks, I feel we can pull it off. The only question being will you come. Like most racers, Ive have taken off work for the original dates, so changing the date even though would be easier on our membership, will not work.

What Im asking from each of you is will you come and what classes are you going to run. What special classes you would be interested in for Friday and Saturday, and to contact your friends and fellow club members and pass on the word. E-Mail me your entries to [email protected] as soon as possible, then download the entry form and mail your entry fee, and together we will pull this off. But Please, Please dont send something in if youre not coming. Time will be the biggest challenge and I need the most accurate counts to order trophies, banquet arrangements, t-shirts and the list goes on..

Our Site: Location is on a full hookup to primitive campground (camping available reasonable rates) Park Passes at a discounted rate for this event. (not needed if camping)

Five plus acre lake.

Pit next to the lake, park close to pit, short walk from your campsite if camping.

IMPBA surveyed race course (records can be set).

Solid wood plaques will be awarded along with the US-1 awards.

Many Hotels within a short driving distance.

Host Hotel: Comfort Inn Seville, Ohio. Six minutes from the lake. Completely remodeled. Tell them your reserving for the International Regatta: Special Price 64.99 double room. 330-769-5025

Visit or Club Web Site: www.performancemodelboatclub.com for updates and more information.

Thanks,

Mike Laing

PMBC President

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan and I will be there (B-Mono-B Hydro-D Mono-E Mono) would like to see LS27 SportHydro and LS27 Mono added as well. Thanks for taking this on.. Tony J

Awesome for stepping up and taking on this huge task.

On the special events day can you consider adding a couple classes

LS-27 Mono.....big in gas

Twin Gas Rigger.....might get enough boats might not

Open Mono...electric/gas/Nitro

Open Hydro..electric/gas/Nitro

You'll keep the Nats racers happy for those 2 days so they aren't just hanging around for 2 days til the banquet.

Thanks again.

My registration is being filled out and going in Monday

Thanks to Mike and the Performance MBC for stepping up. You have a great site and put on excelent races. Looking forward to returning to Ohio. 1200 miles from south Fl and worth the trip.

The Halbrehder family will be there 3 B-sport tunnels, 3 mod B tunnels, 3 D tunnels & 2 gas cats.

Mic, Jay& Audra

Just sent a email with 12 boats to enter, mine and the Kensill's. THANK YOU for taking on a big challenge. You and your club are great for our sport! Great site to race at also!

Kevin,

I believe you have the wrong phone number listed for the Comfort in. 330-769-4949

The number you have listed is for the hawthorn inn.

I am booked and ready to go. See you there.

I would like to thank Mike & PMBC members for stepping up & holding the Internats this year. Entry will be in the mail. Looking foward for a great race & great time there.

Thanks

Greg

Fellow boaters,

Right now I am so proud to be an IMPBA member I am truly choked up. How the membership has come together, districts working together, all to help keep the 2009 International Regatta going, just is amazing. Many people have thanked PMBC for our part, but there are many more Individuals, Clubs and Districts that are helping to make it happen along with the PMBC, Thanks You all.

Mike

Racers,

Hopefully everyone has been able to access the race flyer and our web site for information. Some things like all the Special event classes are still being decided on, but Novice, RTR, Sport 20 Tunnel, LS27 Cat, LS27 Sport Hydro, Thunderboat will run. The final flyer will be sent to the IMPBA and posted and also on our web site on Monday.

Only one proposed change to the format for US-1 is moving the E Tunnel to Tuesday-Wednesday. I need your input on this Tunnel Racers so please send me your thoughts via email.

I will also starting Monday, post a list of racers and boats entered on our web site www.performancemodelboatclub.com and update it every couple days.

Racers have been e-mailing their info to [email protected] and I Thank You, it gives me a head start on paperwork and numbers.

See you in July,

Mike

Email meMy linkRacers,

The final race flyer is now up on our web site, the IMPBA web site soon, and here hopefully.

The right phone number for the host hotel is 330-769-4949 the Comfort Inn Seville, Ohio Sorry my mistake earlier.

The campground is more aware and will be watching the phone more closely.

E-mail me if I can help in anyway:

Our web site www.performancemodelboatclub.com has a page dedicated to the race and will get updated offen with information.

We are looking forward to seeing you in July,

Mike

What happened to the LS-27 Mono, LS-27 Cat??

Are the Open Cat, Open Rigger and Open Mono for gas/nitro/electric?

What is considered Stock Mono or Super Sport? Are they the same class?

What happened to the LS-27 Mono, LS-27 Cat??

Are the Open Cat, Open Rigger and Open Mono for gas/nitro/electric?

What is considered Stock Mono or Super Sport? Are they the same class?

Per requests from racers the mono, rigger and cat we're changed to open, so the answer to your first question is yes.

Super Stock or Stock Mono is stock gas mono with a canister muffler. They have been called the same and it still confuses me.

Hope this helps.

Mike

PMBC The list of entries have been updated on our club site tonight. I will try to keep it updated every few days along with any additional information. Sending your entries by e-mail helps get as accurate numbers as possible for planning the banquet, shirt orders, event patch, plaques, and all. When you mail in your entry form, make sure it says racers t-shirt free. If not, download the final flyer off IW or our web site.

Look forward to seeing you in, wow 23 days,

Mike

Racers,

I can not express the importance of getting your entries in by e-mail asap. I'm hoping to be able to run for US-1 in every class and people want to know who is coming. E-mail your entry, who ever heard of that? Put the IMPBA International Regatta on in 4 weeks, who ever heard of that? We can do it, you can do it, lets together make it happen. Donations are coming in, Companies are getting on board, Districts and clubs are helping out. This will happen and I hope you don't get left out.

Mike

Today the PMBC members spent a few hours getting our site ready for you and pictures we're added to our web site. Also a couple changes have been added along with more sponsors and donations. Only 19 more days before the start of open water. Get your entries in.

Latest posts

Back