New from AquaCraft Models

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for feedback. FWIW; no parts from the V24 or SV27 are on the Rio 51 (except the GrimRacer Cowl Locks). Everything included on the Rio 51 were designed from scratch, including the engine:)

Ran the Rio 51 again, man is it fun! Go over 40mph with no special tuning (except to slide on the 3-blade prop) just pull, throw her in and go!

Have fun!

Russ

Looks to me like, shes got afew left over parts from the V-24 Design and some Supervee stuff. As far as I am concerned, She another great looking RTR from AQU. Add your own personal touches, she will be a goody I'm sure. But because of the look and the way new guys are...That FUJI will be history five seconds after they run it. It I am sure will be like every other RTR out there...Buy it...Build it your way. The boat personally looks to good to me to have that engine...just my opinion...but hey thats what up-grades are for. Sweet little CC engine...hot DOG!!! ;)

To me, it looks like the supplied prop is going to be on the small side, that it should have at least a 70-75mm prop on there to get more speed out of it.

This one, 40 MPH out of the box conservatively set up. The competition, advertised 35 but questionable.

More features, lower price. What radio system? Yeah, I know Futaba but what one? Please tell me it's FM.

This one, 40 MPH out of the box conservatively set up. The competition, advertised 35 but questionable.More features, lower price. What radio system? Yeah, I know Futaba but what one? Please tell me it's FM.
Agreed, hope it is FM as AM & spark ignitions are not a real good combination ......... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio is FM.....AM will not work with spark ignitions.

Rw

This one, 40 MPH out of the box conservatively set up. The competition, advertised 35 but questionable.More features, lower price. What radio system? Yeah, I know Futaba but what one? Please tell me it's FM.
Agreed, hope it is FM as AM & spark ignitions are not a real good combination ......... :huh:

This question came up on another forum and I was curious about it myself. The fuel tank was questioned on how it would affect the CG due to its location? Wouldn't the nose of the boat get heavier as fuel was low causing you to slow down as opposed to the tank being full? I have normally seen mono's with the tank in the front for this reason.

Ih25628.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Bigslick,

It does.. no question. But as the race wares on the what starts to get rough what do you want your boat doing.. tightening up or getting looser?

Truth is from a full tank to a empty tank the boat just does not seem to care all that much. Its getting lighter as the tank goes down and the hull just leans back.. takes a bite of water and thanks gravity for playing its part.

Grimracer

Last edited by a moderator:
It does.. no question. But as the race wares on the what starts to get rough what do you want your boat doing.. tightening up or getting looser?
Thanks for the response Grim, I personally would rather have the speed at the beginning of a race. I rather hold a lead than try to overpass the leader later on.

The key here is:

Truth is from a full tank to a empty tank the boat just does not seem to care all that much.
If thats the case then no problems expected...

Cheers,

Rob

BigSlick

Yea gotta point there…

However tightening up and or getting looser really has little to do with the heat speed of this particular boat.. Its more of a handing issue… But when you think about it the time it takes to complete a heat, it just does not matter on this boat setup. As the system runs now, would burn about 5 to 6 oz of gas in a 3 or 4 min heat.

Good point on the stay out in front thing. I dont mind running mid pack. Its fun to try to pass during a heat. Its fun to get a guy you know real well and race/pass him clean and hard. Having said that its fun to run out front too.

Aha.. time to get back to the pond for some testing.. I can not wait until the first race of 2008..

See ya

Grim

Good point on the stay out in front thing. I dont mind running mid pack. Its fun to try to pass during a heat. Its fun to get a guy you know real well and race/pass him clean and hard. Having said that its fun to run out front too.
Ah, passing a bud cause you beat him inside is grand indeed. Thanks for the input...

Good luck on your new gas hull. It appears you are going after the "Marina" and "Hobby" crowd and not the "racing" guys. Can't blame you for going after 90% of the market. However, most existing "racing" hull are just not large enough for the new, high horsepower Zenoah and Sikk motors so this hull may be a very good racing hull with a high HP motor. When do you think you will break out the hull for sale less engine?

Thanks,

Riph

Hi Riph,

No plans at this time to offer just the hull, but that might change in the future:)

Rw

Good luck on your new gas hull. It appears you are going after the "Marina" and "Hobby" crowd and not the "racing" guys. Can't blame you for going after 90% of the market. However, most existing "racing" hull are just not large enough for the new, high horsepower Zenoah and Sikk motors so this hull may be a very good racing hull with a high HP motor. When do you think you will break out the hull for sale less engine?
Thanks,

Riph

Looking at the pics of the boat, I do not see any floatation in the hull. Some could be in the bow of the hull yet unsure if it would be enough.

Have you made any comments about this in the instructions for a beginer to learn from.

Thinking as to how a person just getting into running boats might not see a potental danger.

Longtime boater even forget the simple things :eek:

Keep them floating .

It has flotation.. It will not sink.. I have TESTED it.. :D

If you want to add extra you are more then welcome

ROCK ON

Grim

Back