New Crazy Al line of marine engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 45 will be next. Al hopes to have it in October.  It will fit right in where a MAC 45 was.

What Al likes about dealing with Rossi is that their materials are so much better than a Certain Motor Builder and their factory is cleaner as well. Another 21 is already in testing mode currently....
That means that when i scatter my Mac .45 for which i have ZERO spare parts for, i can just drop in one of Al's 45s in my Sport 40...that would be AWESOME!! I wonder if it will have a ramped intake like my Mac?? And will i have to take out a second mortgage on my house like a CMB?? I hope it all works out well for everyone!!
You will never need any parts for that trailer Queen !!! You never run it !!!! :lol:
Trailer Queen? Cold...VERY Cold! Also very true! :lol: Love how the new twin runs...OH! My mistake..that was the old twin cause the new twin is sittin on the shelf collecting DUST!! :p :lol:

med_gallery_128_827_43947.jpg
Well, got my hands all over the new AA 21 today.... Al had a complete engine and one in parts....as well as the pipe.

Hopefully the new release will have full thread shafts.

Are the pipes long enough for mac / cmb use." Hope so"

Hopefully the new release will have full thread shafts.

Are the pipes long enough for mac / cmb use." Hope so"
The production engines will have full length, normal threaded shafts. The pipe shown in the picture is for the 180 headers and this engine as well as the nova-rossi's etc. There will be pipes available for the mac/cmb 21 style engines when the new rear intake/rear exhaust engines come out too. The next engine is the 45 which will be a direct bolt in for the mac 45.....

What is the volume on that head button? Looks huge, but it could be just the picture. Good looking engine though!

~James

Al showed engine to me . :ph34r: WOW I looked best piston/ sleeve( long stroke) also special cremic ball rear bearing. will you believe that high rpm about 40,000 to 45,000 :blink:

Allan,

I doubt very much even 30,000 RPM to the water.

You will need a new pipe to even get over 30,000 RPM.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

These were early, pre-production engines so that I'd have something in my hands. The problem is that most Italian businesses shut down in August. So, they sent me a few quickly made engines before they came back to begin production.

Yes, the head button volume is much too much. That has been addressed. The crank will be threaded correctly. And, typical of engine manufacturers, they make performance claims that we know are not reasonable. This phenomenom has been explained to me as "Italy is Italy".

I plan to visit them in October concerning 67 and 80 size engines. Hopefully, everything keeps moving forward, but at a careful pace.

So far, I am happy with the relationship.

Al Hobbs

These were early, pre-production engines so that I'd have something in my hands. The problem is that most Italian businesses shut down in August. So, they sent me a few quickly made engines before they came back to begin production.

Yes, the head button volume is much too much. That has been addressed. The crank will be threaded correctly. And, typical of engine manufacturers, they make performance claims that we know are not reasonable. This phenomenom has been explained to me as "Italy is Italy".

I plan to visit them in October concerning 67 and 80 size engines. Hopefully, everything keeps moving forward, but at a careful pace.

Al Hobbs
Al, i hope it works out, but it is to bad you are having the competition build your engines. We all know what happened to the MAC motors. Having to deal with a company in a different country is a big challenge. I see your point though. Rossi more than likely has much of the equipment needed in house to manufacture the engines. Good luck, Richard D

Al Hobbs
Sorry i did not read every post. Are these pipes for sale now?

There is an order of the pipes coming with the engines. We are talking about adding other pipe designs as well. But, I must learn patience as Italy is Italy.

Al Hobbs

There is an order of the pipes coming with the engines. We are talking about adding other pipe designs as well. But, I must learn patience as Italy is Italy.

Al Hobbs
Al

I have been trying to send you an e mail please e mail me your address i have a parcel to send to you.

Thanks

The 45 will be next. Al hopes to have it in October.  It will fit right in where a MAC 45 was.

What Al likes about dealing with Rossi is that their materials are so much better than a Certain Motor Builder and their factory is cleaner as well. Another 21 is already in testing mode currently....
That means that when i scatter my Mac .45 for which i have ZERO spare parts for, i can just drop in one of Al's 45s in my Sport 40...that would be AWESOME!! I wonder if it will have a ramped intake like my Mac?? And will i have to take out a second mortgage on my house like a CMB?? I hope it all works out well for everyone!!
You will never need any parts for that trailer Queen !!! You never run it !!!! :lol:
Trailer Queen? Cold...VERY Cold! Also very true! :lol: Love how the new twin runs...OH! My mistake..that was the old twin cause the new twin is sittin on the shelf collecting DUST!! :p :lol:
**** this is t tough crowd. Best of luck with this new engine.

Bill I can run those dust bunnies ( if ya don't want them back)LOL

Lou

I received an email today from Paola Rossi. The first order of A/A engines and pipes were shipped from Italy today. Finally! The problem is that when they arrive at my house, I will be back in Italy inspecting the new 45 moulds and castings.

It can be frustrating trying to get everything going. It seems to take too long. But, I am still enthused and determined to have another quality engine choice available. I plan to go to Italy to inspect each prototype item before they are produced. When the 45 is right, we'll get started with the next engine. One at a time. Thorough inspections and testing. I'm beyond gray haired already, so I can be patient.

It is not that difficult to visit the factory before you offer the goods for sale. Especialy when you have good friends to show you around. Plus, the food is great!

Back