• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New CMB Engines .21 .45 .67 .80 etc.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tampa1330

I'm considering placing an order for serveral CMB engines to repower my fleet. These engines typically run about $500+/-. If I order ten or more I can get a considerable discount more like $400+/- and even less for the .21's. These are all brand new '09 engines. If anyones interested in combining an order, or has any questions shoot me over a PM.

Travis

Last edited by a moderator:
Try these guys , when you convert the dollar over to US the prices are very good , i have bought motors from them very good poeple to deal with , hers a link http://www.hobbysupplies.com.au/CMB%20Engines.HTM

mike
I agree!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, just received a new CMB 67 HR which was $376 US plus $25 US for shipping for a total of $401 US which is $517 canadian......secrets out..... :lol:

Also, Tony is a great guy to deal with and shipping from Australia to Canada took only 7 days.

The deals on the 67's are awesome.....The 21's are not bad either.....

New CMB 67 HR

You guys should buy in the states where your dealers need support and actually put something back into the hobby we love.

You have a couple good dealers that i have bought from in the past when i could not get what i needed here in Canada .

Support locally or in this case nationally or don't complain when the guy goes under and you cannot get your parts.

That should make for some interesting comments hey.I never say much about that but I see guys buying stuff from hong kong for a couple bucks cheaper and the guy down the road is struggling to keep his doors open...

They gotta eat too.. Maybe they need to bring their prices in line a bit too but i'm just saying...

Terry

You guys should buy in the states where your dealers need support and actually put something back into the hobby we love.You have a couple good dealers that i have bought from in the past when i could not get what i needed here in Canada .

Support locally or in this case nationally or don't complain when the guy goes under and you cannot get your parts.

That should make for some interesting comments hey.I never say much about that but I see guys buying stuff from hong kong for a couple bucks cheaper and the guy down the road is struggling to keep his doors open...

They gotta eat too.. Maybe they need to bring their prices in line a bit too but i'm just saying...

Terry
I'm with you on this one Terry

I've been a dealer with Aeromarine and bought Picco's when they had them.

I've been an Alan Hobbs dealer while he was selling Russians.

I was a Tidewater dealer and most recently with Stu for CMBs.

You know how to make a million in RC? Start with 2 million, you lose it quick enough.

I've been a part time daeler supplying parts at races since 1996 here in the Northwest. I see many folks buy direct even from Stu just to save the Washington Sales tax. It's funny though, they blow an engine, lose a crank or bearings at a race and here they come. Bill, ya got some parts for a fellow racer?

That's OK. But, the day might come when Stu may not even be able to continue. For one thing, CMB or others won't sell unless you meet certain requirements. Look at what Mike Hallam is trying to put together with Picco now.

If we can't get the parts then you will see nitro racing become quite limited and everything going to gas or electric. I guess that's ok too if it is what you want.

No intent here to hijack the thread and I wish us all well.

Bill

I've been a dealer with Aeromarine and bought Picco's when they had them.I've been an Alan Hobbs dealer while he was selling Russians.

I was a Tidewater dealer and most recently with Stu for CMBs.

You know how to make a million in RC? Start with 2 million, you lose it quick enough.

I've been a part time daeler supplying parts at races since 1996 here in the Northwest. I see many folks buy direct even from Stu just to save the Washington Sales tax. It's funny though, they blow an engine, lose a crank or bearings at a race and here they come. Bill, ya got some parts for a fellow racer?

That's OK. But, the day might come when Stu may not even be able to continue. For one thing, CMB or others won't sell unless you meet certain requirements. Look at what Mike Hallam is trying to put together with Picco now.

If we can't get the parts then you will see nitro racing become quite limited and everything going to gas or electric. I guess that's ok too if it is what you want.

No intent here to hijack the thread and I wish us all well.

Bill

amen bill..

myself and dad have been selling the cmb motors for a while.. you wouldn't beleive how many people buy a motor from someone else and call dad and ask him questions about it or want him to work on it.

i don't mean to hijack either

chris

You guys should buy in the states where your dealers need support and actually put something back into the hobby we love.You have a couple good dealers that i have bought from in the past when i could not get what i needed here in Canada .

Terry
IMO, many of the "local" dealers are hurting themselves. If I was a relative newcomer, or did not frequent this site, exactly how would I go about buying an engine from a "local" dealer? The answer is I'd have to start asking around so I gould get the phone number or email id of one of the dealers. I would then have to contact them and get a price. Would I have any way to compare prices? Only if I dug enough to find contact info for more than one dealer.

Why are people buying from Aus and HK? Because dealers there have engines for sale online, have established a track record of dependability, and have pretty good prices. Would I pay a bit more to support a "local" (in the US) dealer? Sure, but if a person has a choice of going to a web site and ordering an engine versus having to call or email someone, go through several rounds of getting information and then having to go get a money order and mail it to them to pay, guess who's going to get the business?

There are many services available to help build basic online stores and Paypal provides a safe and reliable payment choice for stores who don't want to deal directly with a bank to setup a credit card account. eCommerce is here to stay. Those who embrace it open their business to a significantly wider customer set than those who continue to rely on word of mouth and only take orders by mail, email, or phone.

we do need to support our folks (dealers) in the states thats for sure.

let face it folks things are getting bleaker by the day.

i used to handle CMB when Tidewater was in business and when ever anyone wanted a motor i sold it to them for MY PRICE plus postage only.

i never made a dime from it. i just wanted folks to stay in the hobby and this is the way i tried to help them out.

i also took care of the parts that they needed and got them to them in a very timely manner.

lets please try and keep our business here stateside and help one another out folks.

if i need anyhting i just pick up the phone and call Stu and he sends them to me real quick. SUPPORT HIM!!!!!!

he is the CMB distributor here in the states.

Carl

p.s. didnt mean to hi jack the thread.............

I recently went through this dilemma myself over the past six or so months. I went around to various CMB dealers that I found here on IW and Stu Bar asking for a current price or their sale price. I did want to support the US dealers when I bought my motors, but I found prices that were nearly $100 less than dealer cost here in the states and in some cases $125-150 less than the prices I was quoted from dealers. When one has the chance to save $100 or more per motor, that can be spent on something else in this expensive hobby, I think the decision is more straight forward that most would like to admit, especially in these economic times. I am sure that I will be labeled as a bad guy or worse for purchasing the motors from a foreign supplier, but I must ask the question why are the motors so expensive here in the states? It can't be the exchange rate alone because I looked it up at the time I made the purchase and the discrepancy does not compute to a difference of $100 or more. Import tax??????? Are the foreign dealers/distributors handling more volume so that their costs are lower?????? To me it seems that the prices on engine parts and pipes are comparable between US and foreign dealers, so why are the motors that much more expensive?

While I understand the point that Chris Wood brought up about folks going to his dad more for parts and mods than motors, as I also am one who contacted his dad for motor work on motors that I bought outside the states, I also must say that it was my ability to save what I did on the motors allows me to afford the motor work itself. If I had not saved that money, it is likely that I would be less willing to spend any money on getting them modified as that would put costs upwards of $650 per motor. I also would venture to say based on Chris's previous posts that the profit margin on motor work (although small) is greater than that on motor sales. In that case, (again I am not trying to incite an argument or upset the Woods) would it be better if I buy the motors here in the states or save money that I am more willing pass on to those doing my motor work or providing me another service in the hobby? (Chris I hope you and your dad don't hold this against me when I end up sending you my motors :( ). In these times I wouldn't hold it against someone for trying to save money so that they could use it somewhere else be it parts or motor work. Again the prices on parts and pipes seem to be comparable so I understand why folks would be more willing to buy those items from US dealers in their time of need.

I don't mean to make anyone upset with this post, I just want to express my view as someone who recently went through the process. These were my thoughts over the six months I contemplated on where to get my motors. I too would like to support the US dealers, but asking me to spend over $100 per motor to do so was a bit much for me especially when I can use that money to purchase something else.

guys i understand the cost situation.. i cannot speak for everyone but i know dad doesn't make a killing on the motors sales.. nor the mods..

it is just upsetting that it has to work that way.. but i venture to say here in the weeks to come things will change.. i am not at liberty to say why right now.

as for someone stateing or talking about putting prices on a web site.. we could post prices on the motors but 8 pages of parts prices is a waste of time and effort.

i know dad takes pride in trying to provide a good price.. and service before and after either the sale of motors or modifications.. ask austraila to call you back when you have a problem.. AND NOT EMAIL.

i have said my peace.

chris

as for someone stateing or talking about putting prices on a web site.. we could post prices on the motors but 8 pages of parts prices is a waste of time and effort.
If you manually build each page, it sure is. If you dynamically build them it's as simple as entering a few pieces of info about each part into a database and they're online.

These people have it figured out:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...SMG1647&P=Z

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...SMG0547&P=Z

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...SMG0896&P=Z

good for tower they have enough people and TIME to do it.. I DON'T nor does my father.

i appoligize for the change in this thread.

chris

Back