Need input on new product

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a fail safe in place for that situation, in the event you fall under 12,000 rpm's and 1/2 throttle, the unit moves your mixture up 5%, preparing to take a big load from a slow mill start, this will also happen on shutdown to keep the boat prepped for the next heat.

plus the unit's have programmable servo position fail safes, I set mine to turn the rudder hard right, mixture to full rich, and throttle to full stop.

Now the only question is, do you remember where you put your boats away? been a while hasn't it ;)

as most radio's are not 4 chan, adding the activation method to the 4th chan is not in our scope of work for this project, I might do a few of them up for guys with 4+ chan radio's. I like the idea of the needle movement arming the system, this will also be programmed today and tested.

as for GPS and other features, Yes, we will have add-on GPS, the loggers will also have additional sensors such as barometer / relative humidity sensors environment temp sensors ( temp of air on the water) we can add blue-tooth connectivity, water temp sensors, you name it.

I can get a good price on geiger tubes also for the guy's chasing Rod's radioactively hot engines ;)

The beta program will start as soon as the new PCB design gets here.

I'm looking for 6 SERIOUS 3.5cc racers, at this time I have the following Nitro racers on board.

Marten Davis Single engine hydro Type 2 logger

Julian Conde Single engine hydro Type 2 logger Twin engine outboard Type 1 twin logger

There is R&D being done on gas engines right now, so don't feel left out gas guys, we will have a logger for you!

I would be interested in doing some Beta work, my dad as well. We have all kinds of pipes, boats, & engines(mostly K&B; some CMB in/out and various Rossi versions) all 3.5 & one 3.3(inboard)

Regards, :)

Travis Stebbins

a.k.a. Moparbarn Jr

Now the only question is, do you remember where you put your boats away? been a while hasn't it
wink.gif

Yup all accounted for. No clue on how long it has been.. maybe October...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tryed a EGT sensor in the header set between the reciever and throttle servo. To slow I spent two years working with it. Only works at full throttle. Any transition and I was left behind. I will say one think it never leaned out. :rolleyes: Maybe the newer stuff is better. There is dynamic changes going on in a Nitro motor. Keep at it. Its fun to try new stuff :)

Last edited by a moderator:
our digital output K probe drivers have a speed in the 10khz range, this has been tested, reliably. were you trying to do this through analog components?

Well the push button will work for me but were will it be muonted on a htb 290 pm me me so when can talk about it ok thanks

Looks like the prototypes will be configured in a bunch of ways, this will be great for feedback, all units will be tailor fit to the testers.

Looks like the prototypes will be configured in a bunch of ways, this will be great for feedback, all units will be tailor fit to the testers.
Just talked to my father, he/I would be honored to be chosen for testing. We are about to spend !!!ALOT!!! of pond time in preporation for WTC and impending season.

All we have left open is a 67scale boat, and a 67/80 mono, we might need 1 more guy doing 91/101 testing with a logger to get more mono data, what boats did you have in mind?

All we have left open is a 67scale boat, and a 67/80 mono, we might need 1 more guy doing 91/101 testing with a logger to get more mono data, what boats did you have in mind?
We don't have anything that big unfortuneately. We do have Villians, .21 JAEG2 inboard & out, .12 JAEG2 3.3inboard, TS2, TS1, Mark Scott 29" WOF, Leecraft X120, .21 Eagle, 2 Mod VP, Sundowner OBRigger, Dumas hotshots & Sprints, and Nemesis. If we can help let me know, if not I want one with all the bells and whistles when they are publicly available.

I have been looking into this for some time now, and have tried to use the PC/RC products controller in the past, but it didn't work well on my .45, couldn't flow enough fuel. They have their controller set up with a "start" setting that holds the fuel flow at a fixed rate until a higher temperature is reached, and then it switches over to the "control" setting, where it will vary the fuel flow based on EGT. I am currently building a .21 mono as a test bed to try it on the smaller motors.

To me, perfecting fuel mixture is the holy grail of boat racing. I use remote needles on by boats, but my hearing is so bad that I can never tell if I have it exactly right or not. Using EGT to control fuel mixture will solve problems for lots of racers. Good Luck!

Mike

Back