Need Help Please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madduck

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting the topic in IW. I know this place has many guru who had experienced more than any board.

I start to disassembly my Rossi 21OB engine (silver head). Every thing is OK but I could not remove the conrod from the crankshaft. I try at BDC but it stuck with slot in the crankcase. At TDC as many engine, it slide a bit but not came out. Please teach me how to do?

Thank you very much.

Did you remove the sleeve from the engine case first? If you do, you will have enough room to slip the rod off the crankpin. If not, you will not have enough room to remove it.

Definitely have to remove the sleeve like John said, then the rod will come off at TDC. Its a little tight, but should come off easily.

~James

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting the topic in IW. I know this place has many guru who had experienced more than any board.

I start to disassembly my Rossi 21OB engine (silver head). Every thing is OK but I could not remove the conrod from the crankshaft. I try at BDC but it stuck with slot in the crankcase. At TDC as many engine, it slide a bit but not came out. Please teach me how to do?

Thank you very much.

If after removing the liner the rod wont come of the pin slide a thin cable tie or piece of plastic coated wire in behined the rod so you have both ends coming out of the case and pull the rod off the pin.

Thank you for all answers. I had removed the sleeve out of the case. But have not enough room to slide the conrod out of the crank pin. This is new motor just 3 tanks run though it.

The rods do come off hard in them motors,, all of them that I dealt with were.

It helps to keep the flywheel on and tight,, I heated the case with a small propane torch.

I also used a big pair of hemostats with large teeth on them so the hold wouldn't slip

and mar the rod.

Take your time with constant pressure and find the place where they come off.

Back