• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

need a little help making something out of delrin......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Looking to see if anyone might have some delrin laying around that could spin me out a piece out on the lathe. I need a delrin ring made with a .498" i.d. 1.00" o.d. and .250" thick. I need to press this over top of a bearing to act as a spacer on my router. Can't see buying a whole stick of delrin just for this so I'm hoping someone has some scraps kicking around and can make this up for me.
default_smile.png

Hey Don,

Let me check in the shop. I think I have a piece to make that for you. I could bring it to Charleston if you could wait till then?

Blaise

I have 3/4, 7/8,1,1 1/2 and 2 inch in stock. can do it if no one else can. might want to use more press than .002 though. I would double that

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I would go tighter, might need a couple different ones with different size I.D.'s to try. Delrin has a high expansion rate. Warm it up and press it on.

:)Don't heat it in the wife's oven Don, You might get banned from her kitchen forever
default_laugh.png

Warm it with a heat gun or hair dryer, I'll cut a few tomorrow just to see how they work out and measure how much they expand.

Back